THE MARK SANCHEZ SLURPING UNAPPRECIATION

It's only been two days and I'm sick of hearing about this guy.

Not to mention he's a Jet,
sick.gif

i hope he has a good career and all but ill be the first to admit that espn was d riding that man way to hard during the past week

That's because aside from the East Coast bias, ESPN loves Pete Carroll and USC, so it's only proper....

During the last month of draft coverage ESPN overplayed every prospect and showed us endless highlights and analysis but they were obviously showing SanchezFAR more than any other player. The same pro day clip played over and over that only was rivaled by the "Clemens/Pettite/McNamee basement workouttape" ESPN has now played 1 billion times.

Then ESPN announces a couple days before the draft that they signed on to shadow Sanchez on draft day, assign special reporters to cover him and also give himhis own time on Saturday. In other words they were making him the story on draft day and what a surprise had to build and market him up the weeks in advance totry and make him more a house hold name people would care about it and thus tune in for.

The ESPN self-hype machine at work yet again.

No worries, he'll fail.

Jet's were gassed last season about their QB too, it didn't work out so well.

If they keep him benched next year, then maybe he has a shot, if they try to put him out there, year one, with no one to throw too, he'll get himselfkilled. They have a great running game, they should let Clemens take the hits, get some WR help in year two, and then see if Sanchez can make it. Let the kidwatch and learn first.

they might have overhyped sanchez to hope that they can get more hispanic people to follow the draft and the NFL for that matter. because there really has tobe a reason he was talked about OD compared to stafford and thats the only one that i can see. i kno the USC factor is there as well, but no way it's theonly one.

sanchez can really be a great draw for a hispanic audience though if he pans out.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Mexican-American QB
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

i'll be gettin a jersey

i'm a minimal football fan at best but it's always love seeing one of our own getting a shot to flourish

IF this dude turns into a bust....god help his soul. New York is goin to eat this kid up, those jets fans are hella inpatient and if it does truly take 3-4years to develop @ the QB position, especially since he was an underclassmen coming out.

But yeah everybody in the media has been on their knees for this dude lately

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

That's because Stafford looks to be more of a bust than Sanchez.
laugh.gif
lions ftl. gotta compete with the ghost of joeyharrington.

laugh.gif

Wait, so if you have two Mexican parents, but you were born in the states you are not "full Mexican".

roll.gif

I've heard it all.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

Wait, so if you have two Mexican parents, but you were born in the states you are not "full Mexican".

roll.gif

I've heard it all.

Both of my parents were born in Peru but I was born and raised in Queens NYC my entire life, I am def not FULLPeruvian.

Back
Top Bottom