The Minnesota Timberwolves Thread: Timberwolves, Anthony Bennett part ways

So what we want for Love? I feel like Flip trading Dwill is now a mistake b/c we would have forced him to play PF and get other pieces.

Sam Mitchell Flip?
View media item 977026

Last edited:
From an article today :smh:

The Wolves have had 15 lottery appearances.

They have stayed pat 7 times.
They have moved down 8 times.
They have moved up 0 times.

A franchise that has lived in the lottery since their inception 25 years ago has not moved up one single time. :stoneface:

The San Antonio Spurs have only been in the lottery three times since 1987. They moved up all three times, taking David Robinson (1), Sean Elliot (3), and Tim Duncan (1).

Would be nice but no way Love re-ups with Cleveland...

Either way they better get something done before the draft and somehow get one of these picks.

I have no interested in "future protected picks" nor trading him for a package of other above-average players. We need high picks now, or straight up for another star (rarely happens).

Agree with the last part completely.

All these packages that people bring up with above-average players is rubbish in my eyes. They need a top 3 pick (maybe willing to budge with top 5 beacue of the talen in this years draft) or a bona fide star. Considering they probably won't get a superstar, they better be scouring their options to get to the top of the draft.

Last edited:
If George Karl wants the job (he does) then at this point it should go to him. What do you have to lose, and he basically wins wherever he goes.

He of course reportedly is getting no attention from the Wolves because Flip wants control :rolleyes

I will say this again, if Flip Saunders names himself the coach I am done with this team.

Just curious to hear your guys opinion on this.

Lets just say that the Cavs acquired Love from you guys.

What is an ideal package for that to happen?

I'm looking at pieces that are young. Yall got a better deal let's hear em? For sure Cavs would have to take Kmart and my guess Luc off our hands.

PLUS Rick won everywhere expect here...

Last edited:
I'm assuming you're including the #1 pick.

#1, Dion, and Tristan

for

Love and Kmart.

2 very young players that are solid pros and will be for many years.

Plus you get your new franchise player

Probably won't happen, but if Love were to get dealt before the draft the Cavs can easily offer the best package.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you're including the #1 pick.

#1, Dion, and Tristan

for

Love and Kmart.

2 very young players that are solid pros and will be for many years.

Plus you get your new franchise player

Probably won't happen, but if Love were to get dealt before the draft the Cavs can easily offer the best package.

i know everyone is saying GSW but i'm not interested in having Lee and as a Tar Heel fan i wouldn't mind Barnes but if we can get the #1 then the move is to get Wiggins.

Rubio, Watiers, Wiggins, Thompson, and Pek, how long do we keep Pek?

Love is out the door so we might as well surround Rubio with some damn athletes as we're about to go to his camp all next season and sell them Ricky is our future.

Isn't there a CBA coach that will interview for the Wolves coach? I read about him on a break at work in the Tribune.

There is absolutely no way that the Cavs would be willing to give up the #1 pick for Love.  Combine that with the fact that they would have to offer up more players than just the rights to the #1 pick, I dont see it happening at all.

And for the record, I am not coming from a place of "I hope the Cavs dont because it would trump my Warriors' potential trade offer."  I dont think Lee and Barnes is even close to an attractive offer.....and if I was a TWolves fan and THAT is the package we got for Love, I would likely turn my colors in.

As a Warrior fan, I can only hope that your front office is THAT inept. 

Last edited:
Flip may have to work hard to not come off as inept. It's in permanent marker that Kevin Love will be gone - who is going to give up a haul to a team that will lose him anyway? The hope for Flip is that two teams get in a bidding war for a potential trade, and that drives up the price.

We've seen Garnett, Deron, Pau and Dwight (5 picks that were thought to be all late firsts) and more go for less.

I want nothing to do with David Lee ($30 million over the next two years for someone in their 30s, sub-par defense, missed double-digit games two of the last three seasons). Harrison Barnes might only be good when he's not counted on to be the man in a rotation (we found that out this year when Iguodala was inserted into GSW's starting five and Barnes was expected to lead the second unit, and couldn't).

My hope:

• Any pick in the Top 3 (only realistic pick is the No. 1 if Cleveland is actually crazy enough to think LeBron returning is plausible).
  • Bulls with Taj, Mirotic, and Sacramento's 2015 first-rounder that they own.

I think people are underrating a possible Nikola Pekovic AND Kevin Love package. Minnesota knows a Pekovic in his 30s won't stay healthy (he hardly did in his late 20s), and they already have Gorgui Dieng (who made the rookie second-team) behind him. They should be able to coerce some team with Pekovic and Love.

Last edited:
I like that idea of packaging Pekovic with Love. It also might be the best way to ensure they get real value from trading Love.

Back
Top Bottom