The Minnesota Timberwolves Thread: Timberwolves, Anthony Bennett part ways

I like that idea of packaging Pekovic with Love. It also might be the best way to ensure they get real value from trading Love.

To play devils advocate, why would anyone want pek too? Like y'all said, health is an issue, and he's not a good rim protector

My hope:

• Bulls with Taj, Mirotic, and Sacramento's 2015 first-rounder that they own.

I hate to part with Taj, and u really can't miss what u never had so I can say that losing Mirotic won't hurt as much.

You got yourself a deal!

To play devils advocate, why would anyone want pek too? Like y'all said, health is an issue, and he's not a good rim protector

He is mostly just to sweeten the deal. We have a great young center in gourgui, and a top 5 pick is more important to our future success than an older mid-range center and a star who is already leaving. At this point, we need to get something out of love before he leaves.

Right, I get that. But how does pek sweeten the deal? If anything, he sours the deal, no?

The only thing that might scare teams away from Pek would be his contract. Other than that I would definitely consider him as a sweet throw in. Productive big men aren't exactly a dime a dozen.

Last edited:
Feel bad for Minnesota fans, looks like it'll be a couple years more before returning to the playoffs.

That's why you gotta deal Love.

Put the egos aside. It's officially rebuilding time.

There is no point to have him during this season. Everyone knows he's gone.

Love and his agent just straight up trollin now :smh:

All good, we're used to this stuff up here in Minnesota with our stars. :rolleyes

Love's cap hit is such a valuable piece (over $20 mil) that I'm at a point where if they can't get anything appealing for him you just make him stay another year and then take the cap space when he walks. And it would give us an entertaining season :nerd:

How much can Rubio's offense, and shooting in particular, improve?

Love his vision, creativity, and passing...but I'd like even more to see Ricky in the 12-15 PPG range, if possible.

I think as long as Ricky always lives in the gym then it will improve, even though we know he's never going to be great. Rubio has got some serious form problems though but it's on him to get it worked out. The key for him moving forward too is going to be a new coach coming in who puts faith in him - Adelman yanked him around the last couple years and lost confidence in him in crunch time. New coach (Wolves will see to this) should give him 40 minutes a game and just let him go, turnovers be damned.

I think as long as Ricky always lives in the gym then it will improve, even though we know he's never going to be great. Rubio has got some serious form problems though but it's on him to get it worked out. The key for him moving forward too is going to be a new coach coming in who puts faith in him - Adelman yanked him around the last couple years and lost confidence in him in crunch time. New coach (Wolves will see to this) should give him 40 minutes a game and just let him go, turnovers be damned.
Ever think how different Minny would be, with Batum?

Last edited:
:smh:

And just another reminder here are the players the franchise has passed up in the draft since McCants year.

Danny Granger, Nate Robinson, Jarrett Jack, David Lee, Monta Ellis, Amir Johnson, Chuck Hayes, Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, JJ Redick, Rajon Rondo, Kyle Lowry, Paul Milsap, Joakim Noah, Spencer Hawes, Wilson Chandler, Arron Affalo, Tiago Splitter, Big Baby Davis, Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, Danilo Gallinari, Roy Hibbert, JaVale McGee, Ryan Anderson, Serge Ibaka, Nicolas Batum, George Hill, DeAndre Jordan, Omer Asik, Goran Dragic, Stephen Curry, DeMar DeRozan, Brandon Jennings, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Taj Gibson, DeJuan Blair, Marcus Thornton, Danny Green, DeMarcus Cousins, Greg Monroe, Gordon Heyward, Paul George, Larry Sanders, Eric Bledsoe, Greivis Vasquez, Lance Stephenson, Jeremy Lin, Enes Kanter, Jonas Valanciunas, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, Klay Thompson, Nikola Vucevic, Tobias Harris, Kenneth Faried, Jimmy Butler, Chandler Parsons, Isaiah Thomas, and Michael Carter-Williams.

If any of those guys were here who knows if they would turn out the way they did. I think that is a waste of time looking at people who we passed out on.

Bazz was a known risk. Minny could regret selecting him over "Greek Freak," Snell, THJ, and "German Rondo."

Back
Top Bottom