The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Don't trust Dana lol. If they offer a fight against Woodley early 2017 I don't see him turning it down.

i think taking time off would be the smartest move for Conor. He is already on top of the world. he's been fighting every 3-4 months the past few years. Let him stay out for a while, and then that July 4th weekend card will do insane numbers.

Last edited:
Dana said Conor isn't coming back until Summer 2017. He said it's because Dee gets too stressed while Conor is in camp, and they don't want her to be stressed while pregnant.

Guy's talented but they'll (dana) come up with any reason they can to prolong a title defense

I'm SHOCKED

Last edited:
That would have to be the longest a champion has gone without defending his belt then?

Or did Jose's injuries cause a longer gap between defenses?

Things I expect to happen while Conor is out with contract disputes trying to get ownership shares and preparing for the birth of his baby.

Conor probably won't fight again until Q2 2017

Pettis vs Holloway
Tyron vs Wonderboy 2
Aldo vs Pettis/Holloway for 145 belt (they'll strip Conor)
Khabib vs Ferguson for interim 155 belt mid 2017
I telling y'all besides Pettis v Holloway which was already official this is what's going down

I don't believe Dana one bit and if they offer up the money conor is looking for I think he'll be back in the coming months

As far as opponent, that's for Conor to decide nobody else

Pretty sure Cruz went a little over 2 years w/o defending before he was stripped.

Cruz was hurt though and Conor isn't.

What's your point? I was answering his question, :lol:

Pretty sure Cruz went a little over 2 years w/o defending before he was stripped.

Forgot about that.

It's been 11 months since the Aldo fight. Actually felt like longer.

That fight feels like it happened like 3 years ago, honestly.

I don't really understand why the Aldo/Frankie fight was for the interim belt because it puts 145 in a weird spot unless Conor wants to fight Aldo again.

Would be hilarious if Holloway or Pettis wins via total destruction and Conor chooses to fight the winner instead of Aldo.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your point? I was answering his question,
laugh.gif

That fight feels like it happened like 3 years ago, honestly.
Probably because Conor's been pretty active since then. Credit to him

i think taking time off would be the smartest move for Conor. He is already on top of the world. he's been fighting every 3-4 months the past few years. Let him stay out for a while, and then that July 4th weekend card will do insane numbers.

This

Those Numbers if he sits out that long and comes back that weekend would be insane

Amazing how big Conor looks or how small these ww and mws look standing next to each other.

Definitely agree Bellator card should have been last night. Did they not know about the Ward fight before scheduling? I'm gonna dvr since I'll be out later. Haven't watched this morning card yet but likely only watch main event.

That 145 thing was his in man. He knew he's naturally a 155er and could very well be a 170er.. but he knew that going to 145 he'd have so many physical advantages, could fast track him to fame. Smart move on his part coming into the promotion.. I took it for granted but his size over those 145ers is pretty much unfair, I never really gave it that much thought

He does have Lockhart full time now for his weight but I still doubt he ever fights at 45 again. No point, especially if Dana gonna let him keep the belt without fighting 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom