The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Good win for Chris.

Gastelum might be the smaller guy but still a tough out and finishing him like that is a sold win. **** the dumb ****.

Like they said before the fight, Gastelum has nothing to lose. He was facing the former champ who is the size of a LHW.

Great showing by Gastelum, especially when he dropped him. I firmly believe he will contend for a title within the next year or two. Especially considering how relatively thin WW and MW are outside the top 5

Gastelum is a great fighter. But if he can't make 170, competing with the hitters at 185 might be a tall order for him.

Pun intended.

weidman is pretty much a gatekeeper in that division
he's lucky the bell saved him in rd1

Didn't even strike me as that rocked at the end of the 1st.

I've seen much worse when it comes to cats being "saved by the bell".

MUCH.

i think kelvin gained more in this fight than chris...

chris did what he was expected to do, but he got dropped and nearly finished

this was more of a showcase fight for chris, we already knew he could beat a guy like kelvin.

I think the question coming into this fight was if kelvin could compete with a guy like chris who was former MW champ, and the answer is yes.

Thought it was good for chris until he started calling himself the champ still LOL

yo wassup with machida? When that foo come back

Why is Weidman acting like he won the belt lol

Word, whole family crying and **** lol. I was hyped when Kelvin dropped him, shame he couldn't finish it out.

Weidman is still a big dude with high level grappling so I won't count him out moving forward. Plus with Mousasi gone, Romero only getting older, same with Jacare, Machida probably on his last leg if he comes back, Kennedy a part time fighter plus he just got stopped, and Rockhold seeming like he's holding out indefinitely, the road to another title shot might be the easiest it's been in awhile.

Disappointed. Would've been great for him to lose in long island.

lol, if only

I believe Elkins decision was fine. It was a close match though

Rivera with 20 wins in a row, what a performance. His hands are damn quick and to stand and trade with almeida is impressive as hell. Caught me off guard

Crucial win for Da Chris.

Kelvin applied himself well, looked very composed in the grappling exchanges and dangerous as always on the feet. Ultimately though he struggled to deal with the length and pressure from Weidman (pause)

I think he can still contend at 185. He gives everybody in the top 10 problems but a return to 170 wouldnt surprise me.

And i can't decide if that Rockhold vs Branch fight is a gimme tune up fight or punishment for him talking **** to Dana.

Last edited:
Branches return to the UFC was a dud imo

Hope he puts on a much better showing against luke. As much as I'm surprised they didn't set up a rematch with jacare, I'm happy they're letting rockhold, jacare and weidman all fight others on their journey back to the top

IMG_2891.jpg
This is the third thread it's posted in but Imo it warrants it

I still dunno why he's wearing that jersey. At least he didn't call someone a monkey again.

Back
Top Bottom