The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

They're definitely gonna enjoy this pay day however I don't see how they can do a rematch

Ellerbe is pretty deliberate saying this is Floyd's last fight. Besides that, I don't see them being able to sell this again

Of course Conor is looking past the L I just meant I wonder if he'll sit down and break down his performance or if he'll be adamant in calling out his next opponent. I know he'll plant seeds. Paulie being one of them

Your right now that I think about it. There is no angle for a rematch even if McGregor says it was a test and he's willing to do it again. They could still make a ton more money from it.

Paulie has to be licking his fingers trying to get in on this if I was him.

Entertaining fight tonight. Props to Conor. If I were him, fight GSP next and then retire. Then work on McGregor promotions.

Only way this would of have warranted a rematch was ...

1. Conor staggered Floyd
2. Went the distance

None of those happen a rematch would not even make 1/2 of the money this did.

Going the distance with the performance of the 1st three round people would of have paid for a rematch because some how they would oif have convinced themselves that Conor was robbed.

Conor's presser was uninteresting. Disappointed in the lack of focus on returning to the UFC

He didn't really say much of anything. Figured he would have a lot of planning or start harshly calling out folks. Instead most of it was discussing tonight's performance and that he doesn't really know what's next. At least he mentioned the trilogy with Nate. Didn't mention any other names but said he has a lot of options

C'mon fam you can't expect him to take an L and start calling people out right away :lol: It would be pretty dope if he did but I don't think it's the time. He mentioned he's going to start working on his bjj, wrestling etc soon.

I think he's handling is L well.

I'm sure he'll be back soon. Not sure if he'll be back to defend his title tho :lol:

C'mon fam you can't expect him to take an L and start calling people out right away :lol: It would be pretty dope if he did but I don't think it's the time. He mentioned he's going to start working on his bjj, wrestling etc soon.

I think he's handling is L well.

I'm sure he'll be back soon. Not sure if he'll be back to defend his title tho :lol:
Why not? Dude is always calculated, it wouldn't be surprising at all to see him planting seeds for his next opponent. If anything I was hoping he'd make a clear statement that he's returning to MMA

He handled his loss to Nate pretty well, he's always well spoken in his post fight conferences

Ariel says he has a one on one interview with Conor coming up shortly

Maybe he'll be able to get something out of him

I could see easily see Conor choosing to fight Woodley, Nate or GSP

Ariel said Nate was in Floyd's locker room after the fight

Asked Conor if we would see him again before the end of the year, Conor was hesitant

Why not? Dude is always calculated, it wouldn't be surprising at all to see him planting seeds for his next opponent. If anything I was hoping he'd make a clear statement that he's returning to MMA

He handled his loss to Nate pretty well, he's always well spoken in his post fight conferences
I hear you, i'm just saying I don't think it should be expected. In the post fight interviews for the Diaz loss I don't remember him asking for the rematch right away. I think by not saying exactly what he's doing next it keeps his options open to maybe having a fight with Paulie, GSP, Woodley, etc..

I hear you, i'm just saying I don't think it should be expected. In the post fight interviews for the Diaz loss I don't remember him asking for the rematch right away. I think by not saying exactly what he's doing next it keeps his options open to maybe having a fight with Paulie, GSP, Woodley, etc..
That is true, also by being non committal to returning to the UFC it will ensure that he has Dana by the balls

Conor should relax take a break and decide what he's going to do next ...

Although to the common eye he represented himself well and we found the fight entertaining, which it was the fact of the matter is he got dominated after the 3rd round and by a lot.

Floyd was the smaller guy and by a lot, maybe 20 to 30 pounds and he was walking Conor down with no type of movement but just covering up. Conor punching power was zero cause he doesn't know how to generate it in a ring. I wish this was not a stoppage because I would of have rather see Conor in the floor.

He was half right when he said that he was exhausted but he was also taking a beating and I don't mean with heavy punch because Floyd was just tapping him really ....

Last edited:
Schaub is a straight bully and douche
He should be lucky that rogan made his post fight career

Fight was surprisingly entertaining. Wasn't much of a Conor fan but walked alway liking him a bit more. He's funny as hell. "I turned him into a Mexican" :lol:

Conor should relax take a break and decide what he's going to do next ...

Although to the common eye he represented himself well and we found the fight entertaining, which it was the fact of the matter is he got dominated after the 3rd round and by a lot.

Floyd was the smaller guy and by a lot, maybe 20 to 30 pounds and he was walking Conor down with no type of movement but just covering up. Conor punching power was zero cause he doesn't know how to generate it in a ring. I wish this was not a stoppage because I would of have rather see Conor in the floor.

He was half right when he said that he was exhausted but he was also taking a beating and I don't mean with heavy punch because Floyd was just tapping him really ....

Pretty much. Can't say I was very entertained tbh, but the casuals loved it, and they made hundreds of millions for some glorified sparring, so mission accomplished I suppose.

I wasn't really impressed with Conor honestly. He had one upper cut that landed and that's about it

Wasn't entertaining to me in the slightest

Hope he goes back to the sport he's best at

I wasn't really impressed with Conor honestly. He had one upper cut that landed and that's about it

Wasn't entertaining to me in the slightest

Hope he goes back to the sport he's best at

True but even professional boxers have trouble landing punches on Matweather. That uppercut landed flush. Only person I can remember landing a punch like that was Mosley.

On the topic of mma fighters in other combat sports, why doesn't overeem get much praise for actually being a k-1 grand prix champion? He actually had to win a tournament and beat pro kickboxers. Maybe he did get shine but I wasn't paying attention in 2010. I looked it up and saw he beat tyrone spong in the semis.

think conor is going to be very selective on his fights going forward. it's not about cleaning out division or being pound for pound, all about big money fights. if it's one thing he learned and taken away from this whole floyd experience, it's how to make even more money and venture out.

no way he takes significant paycuts to get his head bashed and limbs twisted. i just don't see how he would go back to his "normal" pay in the ufc after all this. in losing, he really became a bigger name and brand and his value is higher especially with ronda, jones, brock, and fighters constantly getting injured or holding out (nunes, cody, stipe, etc)

Back
Top Bottom