The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Gsp prob gonna fight woodley or Conor

Wouldn't be mad at either

If his health is that bad though I could see him being out the entire year or most of it

Ngannu fulfilling his destiny while at the same time preventing stipe from making history on hw title defenses

Stipe must have got paid!

Probably a pity blue belt at that..

Sounds about right if he's been training full time. He started training in early late 2015/early 2016 prior to his fight with Mickey. That's almost 2 years of training full time - which I think is very reasonable for a blue belt.

cormier has gotten his skull rocked a few times by anthony johnson, ngannou’s power is probably higher. I would like to keep more brain cells as well. Besides ngannou, I could see dc beating the other top hw’s to get the belt.
Breh imagine D.C. Wins easily and gets on the mic with Rogan to issue a challenge to the winner of the main event

Do it D.C.

I think DC is too small to deal with the likes of Stipe and Francis. He had a good run at HW but they're both a different kind of animal.

I think he's going to have a long night with Ozedemir personally. That last Jones loss took some of his soul.

Sounds about right if he's been training full time. He started training in early late 2015/early 2016 prior to his fight with Mickey. That's almost 2 years of training full time - which I think is very reasonable for a blue belt.

yeah actually that makes sense. if he trained full time for 2 years, he should be good. It took me around 2 years to get my blue, and I was only training 4X a week.

Rita WhORA

#amiright?
Conor was trying to get some Rita Oral

I rewatched Aldo v Holloway 2 and dude really came out to Big Sean - Blessed before it mixed into Hawaiian Kickboxer. Dude really plays up to the local crowd. He came out to Drake - Legend when he fought Pettis in Toronto. Good on him.
He's Max "Blessed" Holloway tho

I rewatched Aldo v Holloway 2 and dude really came out to Big Sean - Blessed before it mixed into Hawaiian Kickboxer. Dude really plays up to the local crowd. He came out to Drake - Legend when he fought Pettis in Toronto. Good on him.

I feel like I'm missing the joke here

DC shouldn't want any parts of Ngannou that's a scary dude. If he knocks out Stipe in the first round the hype will be immense. Homie would be the new Mike Tyson.
did he even get punched? :lol:
no seriously, did alistair land any significant strikes?

ESPN and FightMetric both have him with 1 strike. I think it's unfair to count Overeem's headbutt to the canvas as a significant strike. :lol:

If Francis becomes the champ he could turn into a star for the UFC, dude is very marketable and has a great backstory. He seems to be picking up all aspects of MMA in a relatively short period. I thought Reem would play the econoreem role and try to tire him out by playing it safe. I think he has a great shot of taking out Stipe.

If they really make Whittaker-Rockhold they need to strip GSP, only other fighter i remember recently defending an interim belt was Barao due to Cruz's injuries.

His nickname is "Blessed."

I get that, it just seemed like a counter to the original statement as if the OP wasn't aware the nickname while also going on to stating he plays to the home crowd with his walk out song choices. Like QU!K QU!K was filling him in. Maybe it was just a statement like when someone says it's '98 degrees outside' and another person responds that 'it's hot out'.

You're suggesting he played the song to play up the Detroit crowd, cause of Big Sean. But his nickname is also Max blessed Holloway, another possible reason for the song choice.

He actually refers to himself as Max Blessed Holloway in 3rd person often, if you've watched the build up shows. And says stuff like #blessedera

P A Z P A Z 's suggesting he played the song to play up the Detroit crowd, cause of Big Sean. But his nickname is also Max blessed Holloway, another possible reason for the song choice.

I gotcha. Seems to be a delivery miscommunication.

I like that he doubled down on that walk-out song choice too, by going with Big Sean and using 'Blessings'. One of those extra dope things that most people/fans aren't going to pay attention to. He could have easily come out to 'Moves' or something from the new album.

^^
Yea. It was like double props for his walk out choice. Local rapper with a song title of his nickname. This dude is really calculated

Looking at this weekends card I'm really only excited for the main event. Seems like Cub will hold off for a titleshot with a W but he could be waiting a while if Frankie still gets his shot early next year.

The Lawler-RDA fight in a few weeks could be fireworks. Wonder when next WW titlefight will be with Woodley likely having surgery soon. The division seemed to have been picking up steam with the Colby situation and next weeks supposed winner gets a TS fight but who knows at this point.

whittaker/rockhold is in the works for 221 for the real belt as it looks like gsp just vacated. **** gsp for that waste of time but at least he didn't go the conor route and hold the **** hostage :lol:

Px24OiABt2wXm.gif

Back
Top Bottom