The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Bare Knuckle president cutting checks in half due to inactivity :sick::smh:

Wild. This really supposed to be safer than wearing gloves? The argument was that they would be more cautious when throwing punches to avoid breaking their hands but they were still swinging for the fences.

Absolutely not :rofl:

Like saying not wear a seatbelt is better because you’ll drive slower knowing you might die

A 3oz glove is bad enough. All it does is make sure you don’t get cut. It’s does nothing more. Anyone who’s ever ever fought knows that an :nerd:z glove is already minimal protection.

NO ALLURE IN KHABIB VS CONOR AT ALL

DANA lying his hair off, no one want to see the rematch.

Conor vs Khabib 2 does better numbers than all the fights you listed.

The challenger should never get an instant rematch after being soundly beat though.

You know uncle Dana needs that payday for the company but I agree.. :lol::lol:
**** is awful. Casuals will casual, but I honestly even give them more credit than still wanting to watch Brock, what makes him so appealing :lol:. He's terrible and not even entertaining on the mic. How is that dude still such a big draw in MMA :lol::smh:

Conor vs Khabib 2 does better numbers than all the fights you listed.
I disagree

I feel diaz 3 might be the biggest PPV UFC can make right now.....

you get everyone who bought the first 2 PPV's + ALL the new fans.

3rd fight to settle the score, grudge match + build up...

I don't see as many people wasting their money on that khabib rematch to watch conor get washed AGAIN....dont see Khabib with nearly as much draw power alone, doods style is mad boring. Hell aside from the conor fight, khabib has never headlined anything....

Man Conor needs a fight he can win. Dude hasn't won a fight in almost 3 years now. He's entering Nick Diaz territory. Actually worse than Nick because I at least think Nick is still training and running triathlons and ****, Conor is getting twisted and sniffing coke somewhere.

People are only gonna pay money to see you talk **** and then proceed to get your *** whipped for so long.

Khabib will fight winner of max/Dustin before he gives Conor another chance. Khabib does not care about a pay day. Why I like him.

If we’re being technical, he’s 2-2 in his last four (losses to Diaz and Khabib). Granted, those two present his worst matchups. A volume puncher with very good grappling with a touch chin and large gas tank. And a grappling machine that smothers you for rounds.

His chances are better with the Nate fight. Use it to tune/improve his cardio (and low leg kicks). Also test his coaching. Then move onto the Khabib rematch after he fights Tony or winner of Max/Porier.

I'm not mad at that plan, but in all honesty I kinda doubt dude comes back at all and if he does, I don't know if he'll be fighting at a high level and/or be willing to go through the grind of actually earning another title shot. He seems to want, and realistically could expect to get, one off money fights.

If he's smart he'll at least take a fight like Cowboy as a "tune up" of sorts to get a solid win in. I think stylistically Nate is too dangerous, dude needs a win. If Max beats Poirier then Conor doesn't want those problems either without a tune up.

Duke wants that Red Pay Day :lol:

Poor guy doesn't realize that Conor's whoree'd himself out to every active fighter over the past 2 months

“The fight honestly that’s trippin’ my trigger, Conor commended Anthony after the fight and then said, ‘Who wants it?’ You know what, we want it,” Roufus said. “No disrespect, I like Conor a lot, I think he’s funny, he’s charismatic, obviously a great fighter. I think it’s just one of those fights that just like this ‘Wonderboy’ fight, it’s a fun fight. Just the stage of the career that Team Pettis is at, we want to close out the twilight of Anthony’s career over the next many years with ‘legacy brawls’, if you will.

“Let’s test some theories. Let’s test Conor’s left hand versus ‘Pettis-kwondo’, or as I call him, ‘The real life Ong-Bak’.”

Man, cowboy would probably wash him. Im having a hard time believing he's head is still in the game. Its hard to pick and choose your opponents like money may. Not in mma. He always have that " im set for life" mentality from now on and thats gonna be his downfall when fighting imo

Conor can pick. He was able to run back the Diaz fight despite the UFC wanting him to fight someone else. And the he fought Alvarez.

Let’s be honest, it’s the McGregor name on the marquee that sells the fight.

Anyways. I got Blessed over Diamond. Israel over Gastellum.

Lesnar really fighting again or they just rumors?

Dude needs to give it be up. He's looking washed and flabby

Back
Top Bottom