The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I watched the Anik/Dana interview. That Holland kid turning around after 14 days.

And Woodley is taking high risk, low rewards for fighting Burns.

Anyone watch Anthony Smith interview with Ariel?

Smith needs to accept that fight should have been stopped

Screenshot_20200524-005837_Twitter.jpg

im praying Zuffa fails the more i think about it.

If you think the number one bidder to emerge wont be a group of investors headed by Dana White, Tom Brady and Donald Trump your out your gourd haha Dana will find a way to put up zero capital again and get the bag. An actual deserving billionaire scumbag, you love to see it.

It’s weird. They’re literally the sport.

Not sure what model works best. The Zuffa/WWE model. Or the boxing/promoter model.

And doubt endeavor sells it. ESPN/Disney just pumped billions into the company.

Bellator after listening to SevereMMA podcast...looks like might lose the Dazn money. It’ll affect their European cards and they might have to cut talent.

And being a part of Viacom and not independent means they probably won’t enjoy a truly meaningful TV contract.

They could go back to CBS. Be like pride all over again :lol:

They needed to get out of DAZN anyways. DAZN wasn't really helping too much in terms of promotion and hype for fights/fighters.

im praying Zuffa fails the more i think about it.

If you think the number one bidder to emerge wont be a group of investors headed by Dana White, Tom Brady and Donald Trump your out your gourd haha Dana will find a way to put up zero capital again and get the bag. An actual deserving billionaire scumbag, you love to see it.

*Waiting for the Dana fan boy to run in and comment*

They could go back to CBS. Be like pride all over again :lol:

They needed to get out of DAZN anyways. DAZN wasn't really helping too much in terms of promotion and hype for fights/fighters.

But it was money.

Hate to say it but Scott Coker might be the captain of another sinking ship.

They don’t have any TV deal (UFC and PFL have ESPN deals)

They don’t have PPVs.

Licensing deals like toys, video games, etc.

An apparel deal.

Not going to front that Zuffa is handling any of the above well (besides the TV deal aspect). In fact, they literally cut of their nose to spite their face. Besides hosting a lot of events and holding onto high margins while giving the fighters a low one, there’s nothing remarkable about the company. They were cutting edge after the MMA rules revision, Spike partnership, high draw PPVs, household names.

But Bellator. Shrugs shoulder. It’ll probably be Zuffa and Ali/PFL in five years.

That booking is backwards. Give Conor the third Diaz fight. And give Masvidal the Usman one.

Let’s stop making a mockery of the sport. Plus Usman would destroy McGregor w his cardio and wrestling.

I wonder what they have in mind for Jorge if its not Usman

Ali putting that out there to get Usman paid and see Conor get embarrassed again

I wonder what they have in mind for Jorge if its not Usman

Ali putting that out there to get Usman paid and see Conor get embarrassed again

Only thing I can think of is Colby. Edwards makes sense as well even if that’s not as much of a draw.

Usman really wants to risk that Matt serra moment for a payday

Just don’t see it. Usman is going to repeat what he did to Woodley. Conor has no defense for that. Usman’s Cardio is crazy.

Some of these dudes are being wacky right now. Masvidal is a legit contender and a huge pay day. I can understand Jorge trying to run it back with Nate. That’s an easy check.

Back
Top Bottom