The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

So why does Peter Yan deserve the title? Why not Aljo and Sandhagen (sp)?

And UFC could sell the BMF rematch and say it was never finished. Doctor stoppage.

If we’re playing checkers. It’s easy for Masvidal to go four ways for his next fight. Usman, Diaz, Covington or McGregor. Personally, I think he should go for the title. Might not have a shot ever again.

Seems like Masvidal asking too much for the Usman fight. I don't blame him, dude is the biggest star in his division and arguably top 3 in the UFC. If he doesn't go for the title next hope they do Covington/Masvidal and Leon gets that title shot in July.

I actually think Sandhagen and Aljo beat Yan. Use they're length to keep him off. Think Yan has the weaker resume in terms of their contender win streaks. If I remember correctly I think Rivera gave him some problems

If they do Yan/Aldo for the title :smh:

He does have that KO power though. I could see the belt changing hands between the top 4 in the division multiple times honestly

Rumors are Conor could headline the first fight island card either late June or July. I'd say either make it Diaz 3 or Poirier rematch. Little interest in seeing him gifted another title fight and Usman would be a terrible matchup for him.

Shiiiiiit if I had a line to Tyson I could raise 20Ms to have him fight. Lol that gates 5 mill easy. 10Ms from advertisers and mow ur nuts alot easier to crack. Wouldnt eem bother speculating buys. Jus make it cheap. Like 19.99 cheap and I dont see how you could lose

You would think someone convicted of rape and went to jail for it would have some kinda stigma attached to him but it seems most forgot or didn't know and he's more loved than ever now.

You would think someone convicted of rape and went to jail for it would have some kinda stigma attached to him but it seems most forgot or didn't know and he's more loved than ever now.

That’s the past. He paid his debt to society.

We’re not even getting into the merit (or not) of the claims.

He retired almost 15 years ago. And we’re still sort of in pandemic mode, so there really hasn’t been any real news or entertainment.

Teddy Atlas was honest that Tyson returning wouldn’t be the best idea. Dude is 53. And he was getting slept at the tail end of his career. What will that mean almost 20 years later?

Freakshows w Wanderlai not withstanding

Why is Jorge scared of the belt?

Get the belt first, renegotiate your contract after.

Why is Jorge scared of the belt?

Get the belt first, renegotiate your contract after.

He’s not scared. Just chasing the bag. I’m sure behind the scenes he’s not happy with the numbers with fighting Usman. Which is probably why he switched gears to Nate.

Ali countered with Usman fighting Conor.

The public negotiating (JBJ/Francis) shows the UFC is trying to be the lowest bidder.

He’s not scared. Just chasing the bag. I’m sure behind the scenes he’s not happy with the numbers with fighting Usman. Which is probably why he switched gears to Nate.

The public negotiating (JBJ/Francis) shows the UFC is trying to be the lowest bidder.
Yeah we gotta stop blaming the fighters for these fights not materializing. People were blaming Jon Jones in the Francis thing. Nobody for one second should think Jorge is scared 😂

Dana and the ownership know they can use this public pressure to their advantage. Let's not give them that advantage

He would have more leverage to negotiate if he was the actual champ though.

See this is exactly why Dana shouldn’t give out fake belts. Lets dudes egos get too big.

Tony, Jorge, Colby

I’m all for fighters getting paid tho.

Nah. It’s literally these fighters getting a taste of reality and the potential of their own value.

The reason why some fighters are getting $5K and $5K is because collectively the fighters are moron. If you raise the minimum wage...then they can’t argue on the high end.

Nate was getting paid peanuts prior to upsetting Conor. He demanded a huge pay day for the rematch. Dana obliged because Conor...his business partner wanted to run it back.

After the rematch, the reason why Nate didn’t fight again was because he was being low balled.

Jon isn’t wrong for asking for more money to fight Francis. He’s going up a weight class against a man who more often than not sleeps his foe. He’s the current LHW champ. He could stay there and coast out those razor thin decisions. He wants to be rewarded for the risk.

I actually would think Jorge fighting Usman would be the bigger draw cause of the title and more so cause we saw what Jorge can do to Nate. It wasn’t even a close fight. Put those guy on the same damn card. Have Usman fight Jorge and do Connor and Nate 3. Everyone wins as the losers fight each other and the winners fight each other.

Back
Top Bottom