The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Is this Cody's first fight since joining mark Henry? Can't remember if he was already with him in that last fight he had.

Nice.. maybe Mark will get him to stick and move again. Crazy to think dude went from unrank to world champ in just a year.

cody entering pettis territory

hopefully MH got his emotions in check, always thought cody had some of the sharpest hands on the roster

Nice.. maybe Mark will get him to stick and move again. Crazy to think dude went from unrank to world champ in just a year.
I hope so too, hate watching talent go to waste. The guy dismantled Cruz in his second peak and nobody else had ever done it before

It's a shame Bucholz had to leave though. I feel like they had something special

“Let me tell you about ‘Fight Island.’ ‘Fight Island’ is so f**king expensive and so f**king crazy and almost impossible to pull off,” White said. “When you’re talking about planes and flying people from other [places] and the restrictions.

“You have to quarantine people and all these things that we’re going through, it’s f**king insane to be even trying to do this. But I promise you, we will do it and we will pull it off.”

White says in the long run he believes “Fight Island” will not only allow international athletes to compete but the entire idea will just help build the UFC to become an even bigger brand.

“I believe in doing in doing this, it’s going to help grow the sport immensely,” White said. “It’s going to help financially. In many different ways, it’s going to help build the sport and I just know that we can do it.”

UFC is ****ing mess :lol:

The level of politics now is crazy.
UFC is a mess because Dana and the ownership allow it to be a mess and are penny pinching as much as possible

I don't consider it Politics more than fighter's finally finding their voice. All it is is that fighter's are finally growing the balls to negotiate harder. With no Union, they were getting screwed their entire careers

It's about damb time they spoke up for themselves after decades of putting their bodies through the garbage disposal

Unfortunately Dana won't care about Jorge or if he never fights again. Just like Nate

There's too many other great fighters who aren't playing hard ball

For example look at Jon Jones, he publicly lashed out at Dana yet at the end Jon said he'd just defend his belt anyway. Dana has all the leverage. Especially at WW where there's endless contenders

It will take the majority. And Jorge, Jon, Henry are high paid athletes. They need to raise the ceiling for the small guy. Use them as pawns to get more money on the high end.

Not trying to make parallels to current events. And I can’t see fighters mass striking. Even though the UFC is on the hook to provide content to ESPN.

With Eye - Calvillo headlining the next card guess couldn't expect much for the rest of the fights which are really bad.

I feel like siding with Dana+The Owners+The UFC rather than the fighters is weird, especially Jorge

Why attack the fighter, a veteran fighter who puts on good fights rather than the company that has a clear pattern of underpaying a majority of their athletes?

It is also the promotion's job to promote its athletes. Maybe Usman could also be a better draw if they would drum up some interest in that matchup. There has been literally zero push for Usman from The UFC

We've seen this over and over again though, they only push and market a few. Like, I get it, there's only so much you can do. DJ perhaps is an example of this. Still, with all of their reach now with Disney and ESPN they have a much bigger platform than ever before

No promo = tactic to keep fighter pay low.

Zuffa expects these guys to just be household names. Big draws. In wrestling parlance, you need a push. UFC should have a huge social media/PR team pushing the more than 300 fighters on their roster. It’s that simple.

The “issue” is the company has capitalized on its brand not the personalities within. When your president (who doesn’t fight) is the biggest name, you have a problem. And they know if they pushed the fighters, the pay demands would increase.

Think about it. Is Adam Silver (sp), Roger Godell, etc bigger names than LeBron, Tom Brady, etc?

ufc could do a better job promoting their fighters and helping them enhance their own brand. even when they have opportunities to be on shows like fox sports, first take, etc. they seem so uncomfortable. maybe, it's the interviewer as well since a lot of them don't follow the sport. i do see espn making more of an effort in discussing and promoting ufc and showcasing fighters

We one year into the ESPN deal. I’d say they’ve held up their part of the bargain.

They have Ariel and the Bad Guy, Ariel and DC, and Ariel show. Brett Okamato does articles and interviews. UFC stars and analysts show up on First Take, etc.

The issue is Zuffa. Aljo is dope. He from New York. He went through that phase where he was doing his Rakim homages. He an intelligent black man. Got personality. He close to fighting for a title. He from a city with 8 million people. Cmon. Think about the Serra/Longo crew.

Think about all the crews. The coaches should be bigger. The fighters should be bigger.

They won’t because they don’t want them bigger than the brand. It threatens the current status quo.

Back
Top Bottom