The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yeah that **** was wild how they did Cejudo. Man's was out the rankings in a week and the title fight was already made :lol:.

Yeah Cejudo always said it was about the money. But Too many people at 135 that the promotion can get behind and no chance in hell he gets that Volkanovski fight ever. So unfortunately I don't see him ever getting the pay day (he really deserves) to come back.

Khabib brings that international revenue like no other. Got political connections on that side of the world too. Dana and Ali going to do their best to try keep him in the fight game.

I think khabib is too young to never fight again I mean yeah if he truly was retired I wouldn’t be surprised. I just think there’s a greater chance he fights again

How they did CCC. Former Olympian and two division champion.

They took the FW belt from him. They didn’t want to pay the man. Wonder what he was asking for. Crazy how these fighters can’t get paid. Stipe, Porier, Cejudo, etc.

The only thing that is holding me back from thinking Khabib would fight again was because he said he promised his mother.

The only thing that is holding me back from thinking Khabib would fight again was because he said he promised his mother.
Only way is if they discuss it which seems plausible. But honestly I feel like that’s a convo that can be had later when things are in a better place

I also think we see Khabib fight at least once more, could definitely see a GSP catchweight potentially at 160-165 or if the LW title picture is somewhat clearer later in 2021 perhaps he comes back to take on the #1 contender/IC or new champ if they make him vacate though I see them letting him hold the belt another year at least if he says he still will potentially fight again.

Conor dustin update

“Nothing is done yet. Jan. 23 on Fight Island, if everything goes according to plans,” Dana White said of the bout to ESPN. “There are a ton of if’s right now. I have to see where the world is at in the next couple of months.”

I’m sure they’ll do whatevers allowed by that state

Im curious if they push to put on a fight in a different country if not fight island that will allow fans

Most states are still only allowing 25-50 people

Conor has said he will only fight in front of a packed house

Most states are still only allowing 25-50 people

Conor has said he will only fight in front of a packed house
Yeah that’s one of the various reasons why I never believed the fight would happen. Danas now praying that fight island allows fans by January it looks like

9dxxzpdenhy51.jpg

2wKBlvP.jpg

Wow. Dana is such a class act. I’m sure he earned brennan_ph’s PPV dollars along with his friends and family with that response.

Surprised he didn’t share his roids with Donald Trump. That would’ve staved off the Corona, saved his marriage, avoided the rampant voter fraud, yadda, yards, yadda lol.

Th e most funny part is hes blowing all this smoke after he was the very one who said just last week the fight was done. Hes so mad his orange boyfriend doesnt have all the power anymore.

How they did CCC. Former Olympian and two division champion.

They took the FW belt from him. They didn’t want to pay the man. Wonder what he was asking for. Crazy how these fighters can’t get paid. Stipe, Porier, Cejudo, etc.
It sucks. Dudes become champions or two division champs and a guy like cejudo stops fighting since he can't even get a good enough pay raise. They chose the wrong sport, should've pursued something that paid better. Andrew Yang said he wanted to go after wwe for their independent contractor / indentured servitude practices. Would like to see him look at the ufc as well.

Did Yang discuss it on JRE?

Id imagine Dana is going to carry these practices into Zuffa boxing. I heard the first card is women. Women boxers are chronically underpaid.

Zuffa Boxing has to follow the Ali act. And they’ll have competition from the PBC, Top Rank, etc.

It sucks. Dudes become champions or two division champs and a guy like cejudo stops fighting since he can't even get a good enough pay raise. They chose the wrong sport, should've pursued something that paid better. Andrew Yang said he wanted to go after wwe for their independent contractor / indentured servitude practices. Would like to see him look at the ufc as well.
companies been getting away with the whole IC classification
didn't jesse ventura try to get things done, but was ignored

companies been getting away with the whole IC classification
didn't jesse ventura try to get things done, but was ignored
Money talks. Ask the off going President.

Only Tom Brady or Lebron could pass that Ali Act or start unions for these clueless fighters. Cejudo won’t say anything out of fear of hurting his bottom line. Even JBJ fell in line.

Luke Thomas made a great argument of why JBJ should get Deontay Wilder money on JRE.

Back
Top Bottom