The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Unfortunately the fighters will continue to get screwed over as long as their isn't any sort of union or fighters association it appears. The UFC brass continue to criticize even the top guys (I.E. Francis, Jones) saying they are pricing themselves out or don't want to fight. Then when they or agents/managers stick up for them Dana and co. just make the excuse of they know the deal and blah blah blah.

At this point if you are a decent fighter, do your fights in the UFC and after your contract ends, go to another organization that will pay you more. Oddly you'd figure it be the other way around but the UFC has their ways of saving money and that is unfortunately through the fighters. The sad thing about Cannonier is he is at the end of his fight career due to his age. He better make some leaps and bounds if he wants that ultimate payday.

The start of the pandemic was the best time for the fighters to start forming a union but they're not united or have any kind of leadership. Plus the majority of fighters can't afford to miss out on paychecks and the well paid ones are happy they're taken care of.

I think I heard Miesha say with her last camp…she had to get coaches, etc and she barely broke even.

Page was on Ariel’s show and said he had a live-in nutritionist/cook to help him get back into healthy weight. You add food, plus coaching, travel, corner, etc. Add regular bills. It’s a savage game. I’m curious what’s up with Chris Weidman? Two insane surgeries. How does one make ends meet? You have to start podcasts, work at the gym, drive Uber, etc.

If female fighters want to be rich, they'd sell feet pics. Girls on reddit talk about how they make so much money and for minimal effort. Such an untapped market. I always see female fighters asking why guys always want pics of their feet.

Giga is talking that talk

“I think he will try and take me down. He will start with striking and then he will see the difference in the level of striking we have and he will shoot,” Chikadze explained. “He’ll be shocked when he sees how much better of a striker I am, that we are on different levels. He will then turn into a wrestler and will try and take me down.”

“He has very good calf kicks and spinning kicks. But, I know how to do those as well and can counter them. My jab is also very good, and I just see a lot of openings that I can catch him on. I’ll be able to switch stances and find those openings,” Chikadze said. “I know I won’t force anything though, as when I force the knockout, it sometimes isn’t there. I’m just going in there to be myself and do my thing and be explosive when I need to be. I’m going to win this fight in a spectacular fashion.”

“I want a title shot. I’ll be the backup fighter for the title fight between Volkanovski and Ortega at UFC 266. After I finish this fight, I think I will be able to be the backup fighter for the title fight in September,” Chikadze concluded. “Holloway and Rodriguez are booked for November, so it makes sense that I’ll be the backup fighter.”

Overeem isn't a fan of WWE and decided to use a slur. Also had no idea he was going to fight Rico. What in the world

“The thing is with that whole wrestling thing, I watched it when I was 8, 9, 10 years old,” said Overeem, who faces Verhoeven on Oct. 23 under the GLORY banner. “Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, huge fan of those guys. Honky Tonk Man. Great, funny. Andre The Giant. I stopped watching after that, so I’m not watching since [1992, 1993, 1994].

“And just recently, I started looking again on YouTube, and oh my God, this stuff is lame. It’s just lame what these guys are doing. It’s fake. It’s lame. It’s stupid. It’s gay. It doesn’t make any sense.”

Sucks this fight is getting pushed back, I was really looking forward to it. Guaranteed fireworks and also, Volk is taking a gigantic risk taking this fight coming off that loss and a year off. Why not take an easier opponent. Ankaleav gonna be champ some day

• Fire
Reactions: OTG
Jan Blachowicz vs Glover Teixeira
Aljamain Sterling vs Petr Yan
Islam Makhachev vs RDA
Khamzat Chimaev vs Jingliang Li
Magomed Ankalaev vs Volkan Ozdemir
Alexander Volkov vs Marcin Tybura
Walt Harris vs Tai Tuivasa

267 go crazy.. can't believe this is a free card.

Jan Blachowicz vs Glover Teixeira
Aljamain Sterling vs Petr Yan
Islam Makhachev vs RDA
Khamzat Chimaev vs Jingliang Li
Magomed Ankalaev vs Volkan Ozdemir
Alexander Volkov vs Marcin Tybura
Walt Harris vs Tai Tuivasa

267 go crazy.. can't believe this is a free card.
Absolutely insane

Glad that Khamzat is coming back. Interesting that Khabib will be there too, see if they cross paths and get into it

Absolutely insane

Glad that Khamzat is coming back. Interesting that Khabib will be there too, see if they cross paths and get into it
i know khamzat walked back some of his comments a few weeks ago but i wouldn't be surprised if something popped off.

i know khamzat walked back some of his comments a few weeks ago but i wouldn't be surprised if something popped off.
He did explain his comments and they did make sense

Both sides were questioning each other's roots, seems like there could be some pride lost there

I listen to the All the Smoke Podcast a good deal and was trying to listen to the TWood ep but man does he really need to go into long diatribes after every question?? He always feels the need to go into some loosely related story even when they asked simple questions. I got through about half the interview even though I only had it going as background noise.

Prob won't watch the boxing match with him and Paul as he could be taking a dive for a check (don't blame him for getting a nice payday though).

If he takes the dive then the boxing is one and done. But he still probably has a few MMA fights left. Not sure how he was with his money. That’s the problem with the fighters pay issue. Unless you’re a GSP, Khabib, Rousey, McGregor, you don’t earn significant money or provides opportunities into other sports, acting, etc.

He can’t take a dive, his whole persona is based off this tuff guy MMA combat fighter….if he takes a dive against the disney kid his media persona will be shot and he wont be invited back to TMZ and might get substantially less lucrative MMA offers after….

he NEEDS this win more than Jake does. If Jake looses he’s gonna pull the “who cares I just started boxing 2 years ago.” card

Woodley need that limelight mane. Dood love to be in front the camera, if he wins TMZ might just give him his own segment. 😂

(not hating woodley is actually creative getting money outside MMA even though he’s not a champion, respect that)

Woodley got really heated today. Apparently someone from Paul's camp was messing with Woodley's mother

Also Paul is going pretty heavy into dissing Jorge, like to the point where even I was like damb he went in on him. Feel like Jorge aint with the games....

It’s because of Jorge’s comments. Folks like Ariel, etc have asked him his opinion on who he has winning the Woodlawn/Paul fight. He was honest and supported his former teammate. Doesn’t mean there’s no love for Paul. Or Jorge wasn’t happy to spar with him, etc.

Still have a hard time seeing ufc in NY this winter with covid.

LOL at everyone tweeting the entire MMA community told Jorge to stay away from Paul

Barboza is one of the strangest MMA cases in a while

First, dude should not be able to cut to 145 lol. Where is this weight that he's cutting

Second, he should be on a 4 fight win streak. He beat Felder. He beat Ige. He probably should have gotten a bigger fight than Amirkhani after the Ige "loss" but it is what it is

Back
Top Bottom