The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

This just highlights that, in my view, the UFC is far ahead of the PFL in terms of development and quality.

But I'm sure that's stating the obvious!
True, but Francis is still world class. In a division as dreaded as heavyweight in the UFC Renan would still be a back end top 10-15 fighter there.

Renan is such a freak that I DO think he can compete in the UFC. I just don’t see him winning a title with that hole. We saw it with Stipe/Francis 1, Francis/Gane, Jones/Gane, etc.

Tom would definitely exploit it. Jon too.

Cyborg dominated the woman who pretty much dominated Kayla Harrison.

Amazes me that so many fans don’t think she’s even in the women’s mma goat discussion.
Lest we forget, Kayla beat Pacheco 2X.

IMG_4932.jpeg

But hey don’t let facts get in the way of your hot take.

I do admit Pacheco is a lot better on the feet than Kayla. Larissa has effectively reached her ceiling by losing to Cyborg. Kayla’s ceiling is possibly UFC Champion. Two organization champions.

Cyborg is getting old. She couldn’t apply her berserker striking tactics against a young bull like Larissa and had to use wrestling. I wasn’t a huge fan of the fight but props to Cyborg.

Still got her #3 or #4 on the women’s P4P GOAT list.
Of course he did.

Helwani has always been an attention-seeking c**1.
That’s cool that his platform is huge enough that he can have Jake Paul on his watch along. That’s crazy. Huge.

Glad Francis brutally KOed the clown. Homeboy said “I know Francis had a rough year but I am going to make it worse.” All that after Francis announced the death of his son.

Fraud check has been cashed and cleared.

Lest we forget, Kayla beat Pacheco 2X.

IMG_4932.jpeg

But hey don’t let facts get in the way of your hot take.

I do admit Pacheco is a lot better on the feet than Kayla. Larissa has effectively reached her ceiling by losing to Cyborg. Kayla’s ceiling is possibly UFC Champion. Two organization champions.

Cyborg is getting old. She couldn’t apply her berserker striking tactics against a young bull like Larissa and had to use wrestling. I wasn’t a huge fan of the fight but props to Cyborg.

Still got her #3 or #4 on the women’s P4P GOAT list.

That’s cool that his platform is huge enough that he can have Jake Paul on his watch along. That’s crazy. Huge.
The losses to Kayla were both in 2019.

The most recent fight matters more imo.

Cyborg dominated the woman who pretty much dominated Kayla Harrison.

Amazes me that so many fans don’t think she’s even in the women’s mma goat discussion.
While I don't have her as #1 personally, she's definitely in the conversation and at worst #2.

Cats don't realize how hard it is to have the longevity that she's had. Only the all timers do that.

I still got Valentina over her. Valentina fought higher skilled opponents. Valentina if she didn’t keep chasing the 125 rematch (out of honor), she could’ve moved up and became a two division champion.

Cyborg fights in the heavyweight of women’s MMA. The fighters there aren’t highly skilled compared to say 115/125./135. She was always bigger than her opponents. And she um might have had some help. She has some names Gina Carano, Cat Zigano, Larissa Pacheco, Holly Holm, and Marloes Coenen. Cat and Holly moved up to FW. They weren’t fighting at their natural division.

I got:

Amanda
Valentina
Cyborg
JJ (but I think JJ fought more skilled opponents than Cyborg but Cyborg been fighting for a minute).

Back
Top Bottom