The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

It’s happening. Enjoy the fights. And hopefully someone becomes a million dollar richer. And it brings Bellator some shine. I can’t front. I’m never getting Showtime.
Of course I’ll enjoy it lol. I enjoy all of the nonsensical ufc matchups too, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be critiqued

if bellator would have ran the tourney back when they should have these guys would have gotten the shine earlier

I’m all for tournaments. And dope that a million is up for grabs. This ones timing is just awful and should have been done way long ago like everyone had been asking for
Tbh I'd say it's happening at the right time. They just now got Kyoji back a couple months ago and they only run 1 tournament at a time.

People wanted the WW first with names like MVP, Rory, Lima. Then FW was a must and LHW to follow with getting rumble and Romero on the roster.

And I think Pettis/Horiguchi 2 is now the main storyline of the tournament with the way the fight played out.

They just need to shuffle the sides up so we won't get the same matchups we've seen recently until the finals.

Tbh I'd say it's happening at the right time. They just now got Kyoji back a couple months ago and they only run 1 tournament at a time.

People wanted the WW first with names like MVP, Rory, Lima. Then FW was a must and LHW to follow with getting rumble and Romero on the roster.
I don't see how it's the right time when you're giving all them dudes who just lost this year (months ago in fact) even chance to get the million as the guys who just beat them

There's also zero reason they can only do 1 tournament at a time. Hell, I think it was the WW or LHW tournament, they executed it so awful, people forgot there was even a tournament because of the pacing

I'd say money is the main reason they don't do multiple tournaments at a time.

They didn't sign Pettis is 2020 or maybe end of 2019. Kyoji wasn't sign til this past summer. Like I said all they need to do is set the bracket up so any potential recent rematches won't be made til the finals. Or match up fighters coming off Ls together.

Lol. That’s fair.

I think we’re still doing LHW.

The only untouched divisions are LW and MW (after they do BW).

Honestly, anything interesting Bellator or PFL is good right now. They really need to work on hyping their product, fighters and showing they’re at least a credible second option.

Pride, and to an extent Strike Force, were good competitive options to UFC.

Their LW and MW divisions are so trash there wouldn't be a point for a tournament. I'm guessing they probably end up signing Kevin Lee sometime late next year for 2023 and do another WW tournament after the BW is done

Actually I think Bellator did do the WW grand prix around the same time as the HW one. But the HW were so trash that they didn't get a million dollar prize it was only for the WWs :lol:

I'd say money is the main reason they don't do multiple tournaments at a time.

They didn't sign Pettis is 2020 or maybe end of 2019. Kyoji wasn't sign til this past summer. Like I said all they need to do is set the bracket up so any potential recent rematches won't be made til the finals. Or match up fighters coming off Ls together.
And yet Pettis and Horiguchi just fought last night and on the same night... they announce a tournament.... with those two fighters in it. That's just silly

But anyway now all these dudes coming off losses to dudes in the same tourney will have their chance at a million. Good for them. I thought Magomedov would cruise to the belt... see what he does coming off that loss

This chick Cheyenne separated from her man's already? Could've sworn they just promoted the hell out of the "power couple" less than a fight or two ago :lol:

Back
Top Bottom