The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Judging and counting strikes in general is totally subject. You can’t see everything that lands or misses from one static angle.

That being said neither Emmett nor Kattar will ever be champ.
Sometimes I have a hard time telling what punches or elbows actually landed and I’m watching on television.

…having 3 judges watching from 3 different vantage points is absurd in 2022.

Sometimes I have a hard time telling what punches or elbows actually landed and I’m watching on television.

…having 3 judges watching from 3 different vantage points is absurd in 2022.
It’s wild that the biggest MMA league backed by the world wide leader of sports don’t try to elevate the sport. It’s absurd we still talking about inconsistent judging. An unclear document that is less pages than a college term paper. Debating open scoring. Commentators not knowing the judging criteria.

Emmett would get worked against Max Holloway imo.

…nothing more than a puncher’s chance against Volkanovski.

Kattar was backing up nearly the whole fight. Not shocked he lost the decision.

Kattar was backing up nearly the whole fight. Not shocked he lost the decision.
The jab was landing but I don’t remember the last time kattar fought so conservatively

I figured kattar would time all of Emmett’s predictable power shots

Anyway, I don’t think emmett or kattar has what it takes to beat max or volk. They are definitely game as hell though

Wow Chris Lee gave what I think was the most obvious Kattar round to Emmett. Would've been a Kattar win.

That’s unacceptable

But srs, it was such a close fight no matter what. Even Dana said as much

They both got damaged

I guess round 2 is the one round you look at to see who won the whole thing

Round 1- emmett
Round 2- ?
Round 3- emmett
Rounds 4-5- kattar

What is with this guy, he needs to be put down

1655828621875.png

1655828630009.png

Just watched Tsarukyan and Gamrot's last fights.... christ... both dudes are hitting their stride... both are savages on the ground.. both are fighting with bad intentions recently

Tsarukyan in his UFC debut at 22 years old, took Islam to decision... that's hella impressive in itself

Gamrot on the other hand training with ATT really got him confident as hell. 3 fights in 2021, 3 finishes

I am leaning Tsarukyan but should be a competitive match. I feel like the winner will clearly be on trajectory for a title shot in their near future

Just watched Tsarukyan and Gamrot's last fights.... christ... both dudes are hitting their stride... both are savages on the ground.. both are fighting with bad intentions recently

Tsarukyan in his UFC debut at 22 years old, took Islam to decision... that's hella impressive in itself

Gamrot on the other hand training with ATT really got him confident as hell. 3 fights in 2021, 3 finishes

I am leaning Tsarukyan but should be a competitive match. I feel like the winner will clearly be on trajectory for a title shot in their near future
I usually don't like when they match up the new/young true contenders against each other but I love this fight. They both are so talented that even the loser of this fight can still be in title contention 2 years from now.

Close fight but I'm slightly leaning Gamrot. His one shot power and ability to find subs quick off scrambles might be the game changer. Could see Gamrots southpaw stance giving Tsarukyan trouble early in the fight too.

I really hope Max spoils the party and reclaims the belt he should have received after the 2nd fight (it kind of bugs me when analysts question why the 3rd fight is happening, did you not watch the 2nd fight??).

Speaking of LW, I really hope this title fight happens in October. Kind of lame that it's technically for the vacant belt when we all know who the champ should be.

I saw these being posted around IG but I didn't know if it was a legit

Either way, I hope even if Alex beats Max, he doesn't skip Islam. I would rather see Charles vs Islam

But if Alex does win, let him fight the winner of Charles vs Islam

Back
Top Bottom