The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Everybody missed weight :rofl:
This guy has reasons, he looked in terrible shape just now

Heavyweight Chris Barnett was going through some serious personal turmoil ahead of his UFC Vegas 51 fight with Martin Buday in April. As the 36-year-old fighter told BJPenn.com, he received a phone call about his ailing wife about 30 hours before the fight, with doctors telling him he “needed to make a decision.”

“I don’t know if you know but my wife had passed away. They called me 30 hours before the Buday fight saying I needed to make a decision. I was like, ‘huh, what do you mean?’ When I left she was fine and now this is popping up.

“With all that going on that camp wasn’t a camp man. She went to the hospital on February 8 and was in the hospital until May 10. Training wise I would get maybe a good two hours in a day and then I was in the hospital the entire time. It was one of those things, a lot of fighters (would’ve pulled out).”

This guy has reasons, he looked in terrible shape just now

Heavyweight Chris Barnett was going through some serious personal turmoil ahead of his UFC Vegas 51 fight with Martin Buday in April. As the 36-year-old fighter told BJPenn.com, he received a phone call about his ailing wife about 30 hours before the fight, with doctors telling him he “needed to make a decision.”

“I don’t know if you know but my wife had passed away. They called me 30 hours before the Buday fight saying I needed to make a decision. I was like, ‘huh, what do you mean?’ When I left she was fine and now this is popping up.

“With all that going on that camp wasn’t a camp man. She went to the hospital on February 8 and was in the hospital until May 10. Training wise I would get maybe a good two hours in a day and then I was in the hospital the entire time. It was one of those things, a lot of fighters (would’ve pulled out).”
Damn. Didn’t know that. That’s hella sad.

Bro. This is wild on the fly decision making by that company…

If Dana is able to salvage this card, all of the props in the world.

The only route the card is saved is if leech agrees to fight someone 10 lbs heavier

Nate vs Tony is a more fair fight on paper and makes sense for where both of them are

Holland vs chimaev is a total waste of a fight but at least they can settle their legit beef

Is that d rod vs leech thing real?

If so sounds like ufc is scrambling to move parts around.

Couldn’t even imagine if they left the card as is and just swapped in porier for the last minute replacement

I would be so hyped for Tony vs Nate. That is a way more suitable fight to go out on for Nate. If the fight goes the ground and/or stand up, it would be great. Make it happen!!!!

B64B6C91-F4B4-499B-843F-23C9D5791FD5.jpeg

Christ…

This might top UFC223 fight week at this point. Tony getting hurt, Max taking the fight then not being allowed, followed by Conor and the bus incident.

Nate vs Tony is a no brainer imo, I don't even know what the hold up is, just get it done.

Two over the hill vets and fan favorites that got setup in squash matches, but Khamzat being a goofy means they can both fight someone at their own level now. No brainer.

Just pay the leech his show and win money and you're good to go. Kinda ****** up to make him fight a guy 10lbs heavier because Khamzat is a goofy. And Holland shouldn't have to fight a terrible style matchup at the last minute.

Khamzat should just get kicked off the card. Guy managed to pull and L out of essentially a guaranteed W. Dude doesn't seem stable enough to live up to the hype.

ESPN watching. It’s called a contract. They “bought” the PPVs for 500K.

Who knew wolf was short for wolf tickets. My man screwing with the money. This will probably be the lowest PPV buys for a card this year thanks to the Petty UFC and unprofessional athletes they have.

5FCEAD21-2C59-4442-B2BE-A4909DC1BDF4.png

I'm guessing Leech doesn't want to fight a 10lbs heavier Drod and he shouldn't have to. Just do Nate/Tony and Holland/Chimaev and call it a day. Give Leech and Drod there show money.

Back
Top Bottom