The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I’m actually leaning Leech

Seems to be way more well rounded and since it’s a last minute replacement I’m sure he’ll lean on his grappling/ground game.

I’m so happy those two legends get to main the card and give the fans the fight they want to see. It’s wild that the most dissident journey men and whom the UFC wanted to sacrifice saved the card.

We all waved the bs flag at the Khamzat matchup.

Sucks Holland has to get grapple ducked for three rounds. Leech playing David vs Goliath.

At this point, it’s stop the bleeding and save the card.

Wow the MMA God's actually blessed us for once.

Tony vs. Nate is a much better main event that sits well with me. I'm 100% in on this card now.

Tony deserves this big spot man. That dude has been getting snubbed by the UFC for years after being a company man.

Happy as hell for Tony and Nate.

I’m actually leaning Leech

Seems to be way more well rounded and since it’s a last minute replacement I’m sure he’ll lean on his grappling/ground game.
The way leech was looking coming into the week I actually felt like he was going to destroy Tony on the feet

He looks like he’s in crazy shape and his hands and footwork look crazy quick

If he gets lured into a fire fight with d rod idk what will happen since there’s a weight difference but I give him major props for taking the fight

Just saying

If izzy beats Alex and chimaev destroys holland I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dana give chimaev a title shot against izzy

I feel like chimaev is going to need to do more work to let Dana give him a title shot at 170

I mean the guy he’s fighting fights in the same divisions and had issues weighing in as well.

Question is…if Khamzat wins…do you give him a title shot.

Hopefully the Leech got compensated well for taking the fight.

Khamzat and Holland can go settle their shenanigans not expecting much from it, might just be brainless fighting.

Hopefully Ton'y conditioning is there trained for 3 rounds but fighting 5.

Last edited:
Hopefully the Leech got compensated well for taking the fight.

Khamzat and Holland can go settle their shenanigans not expecting much from it, might just be brainless fighting.
I want to know if the commission hesitated at all with Leech vs D Rod or just said F it, we want the revenue

Cuz really, this is extreme. I mean I get that HW's can go in there and be wide apart on weight, but once you get over 200 lbs. both dudes are tanks... this isn't that. You got a WW fighting almost a MW

I mean the guy he’s fighting fights in the same divisions and had issues weighing in as well.

Kevin Holland is going to get steamrolled.

With his wrestling game, I don’t even think that’s a question.

Unless Khamzat had some sort of major injury in training that hindered his weight loss, then he should be put on the bench for six months and then forced to win two more times before even sniffing a title shot. Between this and the press conference fiasco, it’s a cluster funk of monumental proportions.

But who are we kidding.

…he wins this fight and a title shot is a forgone conclusion.

I want to know if the commission hesitated at all with Leech vs D Rod or just said F it, we want the revenue

Cuz really, this is extreme. I mean I get that HW's can go in there and be wide apart on weight, but once you get over 200 lbs. both dudes are tanks... this isn't that. You got a WW fighting almost a MW

I feel like anybody that had to fight Rumble back when he was at 170 knows that pain. Rumble actually lost a fight after he missed and weighed in at 177 lbs one time. And just recently Vettori beat a blown up Costa. Plus Rodriguez fights at 170 regularly.

He's still getting jerked but it's doable. If he's getting a little extra on his check then it is what it is I suppose

Kevin Holland is going to get steamrolled.

With his wrestling game, I don’t even think that’s a question.

Unless Khamzat had some sort of major injury in training that hindered his weight loss, then he should be put on the bench for six months and then forced to win two more times before even sniffing a title shot. Between this and the press conference fiasco, it’s a cluster funk of monumental proportions.

But who are we kidding.

…he wins this fight and a title shot is a forgone conclusion.
Right, we know what's going to happen lol. He'll get a title shot against Izzy if Alex can't come through since there's no other contenders

Dana doesn't care all that much about this. Now, at 170, I don't know if Dana would risk that but at 185? I don't see Dana hesitating at all

And I wouldn't be mad at all tbh, undeserved or not

I feel like anybody that had to fight Rumble back when he was at 170 knows that pain. Rumble actually lost a fight after he missed and weighed in at 177 lbs one time. And just recently Vettori beat a blown up Costa. Plus Rodriguez fights at 170 regularly.

He's still getting jerked but it's doable. If he's getting a little extra on his check then it is what it is I suppose
When Rumble missed weight against Vitor, he definitely tried to cut and he depleted himself doing so (and it was in Brazil so their commission prob aint give a damb lol)

When Costa was going to miss bad, they had days to both agree to a catch weight. They both weighed in at 204

With that being said I think Leech can definitely take the W based on D Rod's style. It's still a crazy situation that I think is different than the Rumble and Costa mishaps.. you actually have two fighters who weighed in at 2 different weight classes

They failed into a success. It’s actually not a bad card now. Not a great one either. Can we really say last week’s card wasn’t better (a top HW and top MW fight)?

Reading this situation on reddit is giving me a headache. Some people are saying the ufc and dana planned for this to happen today :lol:

Back
Top Bottom