The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Am I the only one who thinks Jones/aspinal could happen next year? The more noise aspinal makes the more likely I think it is Jones has to fight him after stipe. Especially if tom potentially defends the interim and keeps calling for Jones.

Yes lol I’d be shocked if they both didn’t retire. Jones is the goat no question. But he’s the goat at 205. He wants no part of Tom.

This all just makes Dominic Reyes’ story that much sadder. He beat the “lifelong champ” and the judges robbed him blind.

Jones then takes 3 years off and gets gifted the heavyweight title when the book the worst wrestler in the division to fight him.

He may have had his run but his best days are so far gone. Dude is insufferable.

This all just makes Dominic Reyes’ story that much sadder. He beat the “lifelong champ” and the judges robbed him blind.

Jones then takes 3 years off and gets gifted the heavyweight title when the book the worst wrestler in the division to fight him.

He may have had his run but his best days are so far gone. Dude is insufferable.
this post was insufferable.

Looks like he’s making it loud and clear he doesn’t have much interest outside of stipe

Nope and he’s obviously not wrong. There’s nothing he has to prove. If he wants to fight a washed Stipe just for the name and his legacy.. fine. Why risk going out on a loss against someone who “hasn’t fought anyone”

Nope and he’s obviously not wrong. There’s nothing he has to prove. If he wants to fight a washed Stipe just for the name and his legacy.. fine. Why risk going out on a loss against someone who “hasn’t fought anyone”
Hypothetically....if he were to beat Stipe and than beat Tom

The media and fans will anoint a "new guy" in line who can beat Jones....

It's a never ending cycle.

Gotta know when to move on.

Stipe is the perfect last fight.

We can all agree that IC belts are dumb and nowadays meaningless most the time. I'm just glad they aren't making Charles-Arman for an interim belt.

JJ getting injured put the UFC in panic mode and made them create another "title" fight on the card since it was at MSG and they felt they still had to try and get more views/buys + justify the ridiculous ticket prices. I'm coming to terms that Jon's likely not gonna fight Tom and the UFC likely promotes Aspinall to outright champ if JJ either retires or says he's dropping the belt like GSP once did.

this post was insufferable.

Whatever man. While I am not a fan, Jon is more than deserving to rest on his accomplishments between ’08 and ’18.

But let’s not pretend he has looked halfway decent or done anything meaningful since the Gustafsson fight.

Whatever man. While I am not a fan, Jon is more than deserving to rest on his accomplishments between ’08 and ’18.

But let’s not pretend he has looked halfway decent or done anything meaningful since the Gustafsson fight.
I got time today…

HALFWAY DECENT???

So Gus 1 or 2? (did you know they fought twice?)

Since Gus 1.....he head kicked DC and finished him…DC had never been finished before that than went on the rematch Gus

Gus 2 he finished Gus in the 3rd ground & DESTROYED him with GNP

slept walked through lion heart, Thiago Santos, Reyes....granted they were not his greatest performances, but they were all #1 contenders, these are not bums or gimmie fights, we talking best in the world still.

than destroys Cyril Gane in 1 minute at HW, the same Cyril Gane who went hard 5 with Francis, and won 8/9 UFC fights at HW

This is all after 6 straight title defenses..........so that's 8 more title fights since the Gus fight!

Dudes don't even have 8 fights in the UFC, let alone 14 title defenses man.

If he beat Stipe that's 15 title defenses without a single loss.

UNREAL.

I get it you hate Jon Jones, many people do.....

but you cant discredit what this man has done his ENTIRE career.

He did make quick work of Gane.

He’s a puzzling individual. If we rewind to four or five years ago, he looked less than impressive in his last LHW title fights. Like GSP did at the end of his WW. Not sure if he was burnt out. Not motivated or declining.

I think he’s earned the right to ride off into the sunset with the Stipe fight. If he’s 36…there’s a Luke Thomas stat that seems to be undefeated (but he’s lucky in fighting a 40+ year old man). I’d avoid that Tom Aspinall fight. Just too much risk. He could win but we know Tom’s penchant for finishing his opponents.

He did make quick work of Gane.

He’s a puzzling individual. If we rewind to four or five years ago, he looked less than impressive in his last LHW title fights. Like GSP did at the end of his WW. Not sure if he was burnt out. Not motivated or declining.

I think he’s earned the right to ride off into the sunset with the Stipe fight. If he’s 36…there’s a Luke Thomas stat that seems to be undefeated (but he’s lucky in fighting a 40+ year old man). I’d avoid that Tom Aspinall fight. Just too much risk. He could win but we know Tom’s penchant for finishing his opponents.
TBH I think Gane beats Tom

That's a fight I would love to see

Tom seems to be ducking that smoke for the time being but I see them clashing sooner than later.

We coming up with the narrative that Tom is ducking Gane now :lol: :lol:

Tom was front row for Ganes last fight expecting a call out and Gane wanted no parts of Tom. Man's wouldn't even look in his direction. Man's can't stop a takedown to save his life, that's light work for Tommy.

Back
Top Bottom