The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I get what you’re saying honestly I think we just disagree

I don’t discredit him so much for sustaining damage and coming back multiple times

At that point he proved he has weaknesses but on the flip side he’s got heart and elite enough skill to lean on and comeback to win

Was he max or volk? No. Was he in the tier below for his era I.e. contender? Absolutely, yes. I don’t even think that’s subjective, he literally earned it lol

To say he wasn’t even top 5 is still crazy to me but I haven’t bothered looking at the rankings during that window of time

All that to say who knows what he is now. Too much time has passed and not enough activity
To be honest, I put him in a tier below that right now. It's the elites (Topuria, Volk, Max), tier below in Yair, Allen, Evloev, then the next tier is where I have him in with Kattar, Emmett, and Ortega.

But hey he could prove me wrong if he goes in there and beats Yair. I just don't see it happening.

Crazy there isn't much buzz for this event that costs $50.

Folks have pushed AJ as a star but his lasts few fights have been boring. Hoping for the best for PFL/Bellator. I was positive at first. But my expectations have gotten lower and lower.
The "co-leader" has a long way to go before they can even think of themselves as a legit #2 MMA promotion. They are facing an uphill battle but I do want to see them do well for the sake of another promotion and more competition in the fight game. Glad to see this PFL vs Bellator card is only 3 rounders as that other PPV where they had like 5 5 rd fights was ridiculous and the pacing was so damn slow. Only watched a few of those fights. I think one of their biggest issues has been pacing of cards. They drag like no other. They also could focus on quickly phasing out the Bellator names but I get if they need it this year for branding/sponsors. But having both running simultaneously is very confusing for your common fan. I mean in a month from today they have Bellator 302 in Ireland. It's headlined by Corey Anderson but I don't know anything about his opponent.

If Francis were to beat Joshua or at least look good against him what's stopping him from boxing again?? Seems like PFL is going to let him so yea do an MMA fight or take another lucrative boxing match?!?! Tough choice.....

To be honest, I put him in a tier below that right now. It's the elites (Topuria, Volk, Max), tier below in Yair, Allen, Evloev, then the next tier is where I have him in with Kattar, Emmett, and Ortega.

But hey he could prove me wrong if he goes in there and beats Yair. I just don't see it happening.
Not now, he is unknown at the moment

I meant in his 6 year window, I feel like it’s not a crazy thing to say he was in the tier below volk and max and more to the point a true contender

Didn't even know Patricio is fighting a replacement because the PFL champ got hurt smh. He's fighting the guy who lost in the finals.

Yep that fight and the original booking for Jason Jackson against Magomed also fell out. So there's only two actual champ vs champ bouts left on the card.
Bellator bringing their bellator luck over to pfl lmaooooii

Not now, he is unknown at the moment

I meant in his 6 year window, I feel like it’s not a crazy thing to say he was in the tier below volk and max and more to the point a true contender
That's a fair take. Today, I'd say he's a tier below Arnold and Evaloev. With doing some fuzzy MMA math, I'd have Ilia tier>Volk tier>Max tier (I'd actually be curious what would happen if Max ran it back now)>Arnold/Evaloev/Yair>Emmett/Ortega.

He should probably be ranked above Giga. But the UFC is playing their shenanigans to hype up this weekend's card. Ortega hasn't fought in more than a year. You can't tell me he's really #4.
Bellator bringing their bellator luck over to pfl lmaooooii
Bellator is playing in the World Series of Fighting against a bunch of dimwits. I don't think anyone would care who Francis is fighting in their smart cage. But they're probably hoping his name gets bigger from the Joshua fight so it can help their PPV sales. The question what are the "stakes" if Francis fights? Baddest man in the PFLverse? A title? For the winner of Saturday's fight, they know they get a million dollar pay day.

If max beats Justin and decides to go back to 45, hell yeah

If max loses then hell no

If both max and yair win and both want the title shot that’s tough call tbh. I’d be cool with either

Back
Top Bottom