The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

lol I didn’t know there was an English stream. Noted for 304.

I went to bed after the MVP/Garry fight. I’m waiting for them to upload the co main and main to the platform. From listening to the MMAfighting post show and online posts, those are the only fights to watch.

I could see how the judges gave it to Garry. MVP was styling on his feet. But when he “reversed” the take down in round three. He wasn’t busy AND Garry was landing elbows from bottom. Then we had that back sequence. It was definitely a close fight. Garry exploited a major weakness in Michael’s game.

Garry has entered the top ten and he’s fighting a style whereby he wins and doesn’t expose himself much. His last two fights have demonstrated that where he fought someone who had an advantage somewhere. He figures out how to nullify but unfortunately it’s boring for the fan. It’s wild he’s doing this without a real camp.
If Garry is trying to be the next Conor Mcgregor, he’s failing miserably in my opinion.

Right now it looks like he had a better shot at being the next Colby Covington.

“There’s only one Conor McGregor…I’m singing a song…”

The newer guys emerging out of Ireland don’t have the same charisma or excitement in their styles. He was lightning in a bottle. But you gotta still have stars from different regions to take the show on the road.

Last edited:
Watched the card last night and yea main card was largely buns outside of main event and co-main had entertaining portions. Poatan continues to defy MMA logic going 8-1 in the UFC in under 3 years. Guy made his debut after Conor's last win. He obviously was fast tracked to a shot due to his history with Izzy but you can't deny he's been anything but impress with only the one KO loss blemish.

So Jones will give old man Stipe a chance but then "maybe" Poatan?! *****! If Aspinall beats Blaydes and the Jones-Stipe fight actually happens they should make Aspinall-Poatan late 24 to early 25' and that could lure Jones back to fight winner.

I'd have Ankalaev as the slight favorite but def disagree with him being a -250 favorite. Plus outside of the controversial draw with Jan (which I thought Magomed edged out) he doesn't really have any impressive wins. If he doesn't get Alex next I'd say match him with Hill or Jan again.

^^^I had to look him up. Who can forget the two fights against Cutelaba lol. He killed Johnny Walker lol. And beat the brakes off Anthony Smith.

He was a decision monster in some of his fights. But no different than Ian Garry, doing whatever to win. He definitely deserves a title shot based on where he sits in the division and other competitors.

My Magomed memory is hazy. Striking wise…Alex is probably better than er body. It’s just that wrestling wrinkle that could pose a problem.

But the Jon and Aspinall fights are definitely dangerous fights…

Last edited:
^^^That's fair. No point in trying to run back the Islam fight, despite how good DP looked. I'm sort of tired of Islam rematches. I want to see him smesh new comp.

Also, the Khabib stuff is wild.

Dustin versus Gaethje. Or Dustin versus Max are both great marquee big name fights. I'd probably prefer the Max fight because I thought Max looked good in their second fight. It was just the weight and "heft" of Dustin's strikes that swayed the fight in his favor.

Makes more sense for him to call out Max for the BMF title given their history. Plus, Max put the weight on healthy and outclassed then KOed the guy that KOed Dustin for the BMF title.
Topuria/Holloway is rumored to be headlining Utah. Why Utah? I don't ****inf know.

Back
Top Bottom