The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

No interest in seeing Till fight Paul but such is the world we live in with everyone shooting their shot for a payday. Can't say I blame them though.

Mike Perry had a terrible gameplan for the fight Saturday, I realize he was the smaller man and Paul may have had almost 30 lbs on him but that BKFC style is not going to work in the squared circle. He left himself ready to be hit but hey it is what it is and he got paid.

I don’t understand how that game plan works in BKFC. Do they not play defense in that “sport?” Blocking with your face is going to lead to long term CTE.

I don’t quite understand Till’s position. Perry was the face of BKFC. Nate is/was one of the biggest stars in UFC (behind Ronda and Conor during the late 2010s). Though he was old, Anderson Silva is a UFC HOFer and currently holds #2 in title defenses behind DJ. Tyron was a former champ.

Till is a UFC castoff. He doesn’t have a big name, not a former champ. And he was just involved in that debacle in the Middle East so there’s no real buzz on his name.

I don’t understand how that game plan works in BKFC. Do they not play defense in that “sport?” Blocking with your face is going to lead to long term CTE.
Well BKFC has a different rule set than traditional boxing in that they allow more clinching and aren't so fast to split fighters apart if there is a slight clinch. Plus Perry's style of coming forward constantly is more effective in bare knuckle as he's able to close distance quickly. In boxing you're able to create separation much easier and in the fight Paul was picking Perry apart from distance. Also see the Artem Lobov-Paulie M fight where Artem's rushing style led to him beating an established boxer but in a traditional boxing match he'd likely have been dominated. Plus fighting with gloves makes it easier to defend yourself so most of Perry's shots weren't getting through either. A guy like Bobby Green could do well in BKFC but would get dominated in boxing with that hands down style.

So to answer your question more directly BKFC's style does not really favor defense heavy styles as punches get through easier and the ruleset favors guys with a rush style. I.E. John Dodson who's also very fast and can punch in quick flurries.

Mike Perry was never a technical or defensive fighter to begin with. Mans beats people off straight durability and coming forward. Just look at the Eddie fight. Eddie was hitting him with bombs and bloodied him up but he was eating those shots and still putting the pressure on.

Why did they take Kape off the main card? It's showing 4th from the bottom, not even the showcase before the main card :smh:

They got no faith in Kape making weight or something? Man's been posting on socials like he in shape.

If Kape don’t make weight he gotta get cut right?

I didn’t even think about them pulling him from main card cause they don’t have faith in him.

Yeah I don't think they'd force him up given his size.

I could see pulling the fight off the main and putting it as the featured fight. But fight is buried on the early prelims, not even on espn 2 :smh:

I get that if Mokaev wins, there's a chance that it might be a straight control fest, but I mean Bukauskas/Prachnio aint really screaming fun fight at all :lol:

Back
Top Bottom