The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

37213.jpg
For real..

I couldn’t be more blue and I will be watching Shavkat finish Belal like this.

giphy-downsized.gif
Gonna be a nasty one, but man you can’t count out belal after that performance. Dudes punches were straight to the point, literally. His team wasn’t playing when they mentioned canelo…. I mean belal covered great distances with those nice jabs

Shame on edwards, he pulled that peekaboo defense just to get countered by lead uppercuts from a grappler.

Leon got all the skill and ability but fights way too tentatively. The Leon in the final 30 seconds is how he should fight the whole fight.
That’s exactly how I thought Belal could beat Leon. Did Dana said they’re going to run back Edwards/ Mohammed? Or going straight to Shavkat?

Also Dana exactly said what I thought they would say about someone like that at flyweight performed? Ya don’t put butts in seats, they don’t care. Especially at that weight class. Mans traded DJ who is the greatest flyweight for Funky Ben Askren.

Leon got all the skill and ability but fights way too tentatively. The Leon in the final 30 seconds is how he should fight the whole fight.
So damn frustrating to watch. Has all the tools, is athletic as hell, but he's content to stay in one gear and never take risks no matter the situation. It almost cost him in the Nelson, Diaz, and Usman 2 fights. I don't think he stood his ground one time tonight. He looked straight lost when Belal wasn't giving him space to work his power kicks and teeps.

Belal has definitely leveled up. Added a variety of combinations to go with his already great pace, pressure, and wrestling. That triple jab setup to the uppercut that stunned Leon was beautiful.

Shavkat in January should be the move. JDM/Garry needs to be made for next shot around the same time. Would rather avoid any possibility of Garry and JDM losing their next fights and we end up with the same faces fighting for the title again.

Back
Top Bottom