The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Stacked by new Bellator standards. Want to see how Usman looks. Don’t know anything about his challenger though.

Shabliy is legit. Would be a top 10-15 guy in the UFC. Usman running thru him would be impressive as hell. Good to see them making this matchup for the title.

Hope Larkin wins. Him fighting for a title in 2025 is wild as hell but mans been fighting for forever. Would be dope to see.

Some fight odds in case anyone was curious…

IMG_4865.jpeg
$300 on izzy this weekend

Hmm I'm picking Izzy this weekend but I dunno a -130 line isn't that enticing even betting 300. I think this could be a crossroads fight for him, he is 35 coming in and it will be almost a year since the Sean fight. I know the 35 and older stat only applies to WW and under but he could easily get caught in one of DDP's flurries if he's not careful. Best thing for him IMO would be to keep this fight at range and try to counter DDP. I know he's said he's coming for skulls but not sure a fast pace would benefit him here but I really hope he doesn't get too timid where it's like the Costa fight because if it goes to the scorecards in a close decision all kinds of f'ery are possible.

I def think DDP won the Sean fight for the record albeit a close decision.

Movember DDP. Izzy might be in trouble.

But seriously, Izzy has demonstrated his resilience and determination before. That Strickland fight was his worst performance. As they say…it’s ish or get off the pot time.

Izzy is probably the slickest striker in the UFC. It’s just his no risk, tentativeness that can get on people’s nerves. I think Whitaker said it’s 50/50. DDP is an animal. Izzy has dealt with wrestlers so hopefully the mix up doesn’t catch him.

Should be a good fight

Pressure is on Stylebender to come back and re assert himself.

We've seen Izzy rise to occasion in the past, lets see if he can do it again.

It feels like DDP has the momentum

Yeesh. Wild that Tommie Aspinall has a defense as an interim champ lol. It ain’t easy to defend them belts…except when the UFC isn’t infusing new talent into a division. As GOAT’d as MM or Silva are…would their runs look a lot different if the caliber of opponents were higher?

Excited for the ppv. Top 3 fights should be some real good scraps.

Time to see if the tepid Adesanya is who he is now and he's at the tail end of his career. Hopefully the layoff got him rejuvenated and he channels back the Izzy who will counter pressure you and take you out.

DDP is going to bring the fight to him for as long as it goes. Someone will be facing up at the lights by the end of the night.

Well can't say I'm too surprised considering Ariel's done the olympics and other boxing coverage this past year. He could be joining NBC or perhaps still doing his own thing with Draft Kings/Meadowlark.

Well can't say I'm too surprised considering Ariel's done the olympics and other boxing coverage this past year. He could be joining NBC or perhaps still doing his own thing with Draft Kings/Meadowlark.
Despite you know who’s attempts to kill his career, man is flourishing.

Influencer Boxing. Riyad Season Boxing. PFL partnerships. WWE coverage (and voice overs). Covering the Olympics for CBC. He really is blossoming into a true broadcaster like his idol.

I don’t really consume his show for the analysis and have always loved to hear the voice of the fighters.

Ariel's show is an interesting one. I can't say I love it but he gets the right guests and his interviews can be good at times. I do think someone could take over that show and really make it better but there really is no better MMA journalist out there. If he does general sports media, I'd imagine that would be better money with more interesting things to work on but we ultimately will lose a big media presence in MMA.

lol they tried that with Luke Thomas. Luke was shoehorned into that format whereby the one he follows on Morning Kombat is more his strength. He has a foil in Brian, can interview the occasional boxer or MMA person and provide his brand of analysis.

MMAfighting already has Damian and Mike Heck doing interviews.

And everyone knows tries to Joe Rogan the game with their guests versus the Tonight Show like vibe Ariel has. I’m sure he’s not going anywhere.

Then again, Adesanya is just as big of a dumb****, so I really have no one to root for in their fight.

…double KO would be best possible scenario for me.

Back
Top Bottom