The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

It's Ilias time to reign. Said he was going to sleep Volk in their fight and he's going to be the first to knockdown and finish Max. Max best days are at 55 and he should just stay there.

People still sleep on Ilia but that'll end after this next fight.
Justin dropped Max, Max admitted it as well...

not sure why it didnt count as a knockdown tho

I’d give it to Evloev. But if Jean won…Fighting Nerds….camp of the year!!!!
Already gym of the year imo. All their male fighters are undefeated. With one beating a top 20-25 fighter in 2 different weight classes and their captain breaking the top 5.

Justin dropped Max, Max admitted it as well...

not sure why it didnt count as a knockdown tho
Definitely looked like a knockdown imo but wasn't counted statistically for some dumb reason. Guess they use the same ruling they do with takedowns where it has to be definitive, which no one knows or ever explained.

Ilia is a beast. He looked impressive in his Volk fight. The way he skulked him and then pieced him up with well timed punches. Volk went to sleep.

Ilia is dangerous. Max does have a chin. And honestly I’ve never seen a max like the one against Gaethje. I was scared for Max. I didn’t want a repeat of the Porter fight at 155. But he looked bigger, utilized a few surprising techniques which meant he developed a solid game plan and demonstrated that vaunted Holloway volume (though to a lesser extent). I’m not going to do MMA math and say Ilia KO’d Volk so Max has no chance. Though I would understand if Ilia opens as a betting favorite.

Ilia has been impressive but the other tall guy he fought almost KOed with a head kick. Max is not Jai Herbert either. Obviously both guys have improved, but Max will be Ilia’s hardest fight to date.

Post Islam Volk is not the same guy that beat Max.

This card go crazy.

Some cro-magnon looking mother ****ers but the card is crazy.

1726768383210.png

Max v Illia has been my most anticipated fight since they announced it. Great stylistic matchup, Max has never been K.O'ed and only finished once early in his career. Meanwhile Illia possesses K.O. power but fight could get really interesting should it go into the championship rounds. Rooting for Max to take out Illia and end all talks of a Spain card (moreso cause I don't care for Illia not cause I'd oppose an event in Spain lol). May have to rewatch the Emmett/Illia fight cause I don't remember how the bout looked in the later rounds.

I'm taking that backup talk with a heavy grain of salt. I still have my doubts that if Stipe got hurt in the lead up that JJ would either say he's happy retiring on top or tries to get Poatan on the phone lol.

I'm taking that backup talk with a heavy grain of salt. I still have my doubts that if Stipe got hurt in the lead up that JJ would either say he's happy retiring on top or tries to get Poatan on the phone lol.
IF that happens, they gotta make Tom the undisputed. Or set up a possible Gane/Aspinall fight.

HW been on hold for a min.

The UFC canceled an event because Jon refused a new opponent on over a week’s notice. Ain’t no way he is accepting a back up fight with Aspinall.

Being the back up means nothing. Pavlovich was the backup at MSG last year and ended up fighting Tom for the interim instead :lol:

Think the odds of us getting an Aspinall/Pereira fight is way more likely than Jones or Miocic fighting him on short notice.

Missed this in the news cycle

Really hope Tatiana makes it to the fight healthy but damn, Weili should really be fighting one of them. Really hope they don't ice the divisions just to make a Weili/Valentina fight early next year.

Back
Top Bottom