The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Man. I have that funny feeling with that Max vs Ilia fight. Very much the same when he fought Justin but I feel like Ilia is that different monster right now.

I still favor Ilia to win against Max but only by a slight margin. Max hasn't been KO'd after 12+ years in the UFC and has only lost once by sub in his first UFC fight. If this fight goes into the championship rounds I think Max could edge out a decision and tire out Ilia late. Can't wait for this one though.

Was trying to see some Renan fights and didn’t realize PF has always been unscrupulous lol. In this fight they had the Jon Jones coach’s cam.

Just watched four of Ferreira’s fights. Dude could probably be dangerous in the UFC with his height and power. Definitely has a weak ground game and is probably pickings for a good wrestler. But skill is so devoid at HW that he’ll win more often than not (except against a Jon Jones, possibly a Stipe). Feel like it’s Russian Roulette with Francis. Either could KO the other.

Last edited:
I don’t know anything about this guy that Ngannou is fighting.

Could someone enlighten me?

Is he going to be shooting for takedowns every 30 seconds or trying to make love to the fence the whole fight?

I don’t know anything about this guy that Ngannou is fighting.

Could someone enlighten me?

Is he going to be shooting for takedowns every 30 seconds or trying to make love to the fence the whole fight?

I watched the above five fights of his last night. Definitely has power, great height/reach advantage. Decent striking. Seems to have poor TDD and ground game.

Like I mentioned before, heavyweight is the worst skilled division in MMA. Even Francis relies on his insane power versus nuanced skill.

Yeah, they ain't going last with this dude running the org. Mans been doing everything but promoting his own fighters and their actual fights.

They might be toast once that Saudi money runs out for them. They better pray and hope for contractual changes in the Johnson lawsuit.

They seem like a ponzi or a pointless money pit. They been going since WSoF. It’s great they’ve managed to sneak onto HBO and ESPN. But there aren’t any profits, no real growth, no penetration in garnering interest. Bellator wasn’t that great especially at the end. Just seems like Dana is a genius or got lucky the dice rolled in the way it did.

They seem like a ponzi or a pointless money pit. They been going since WSoF. It’s great they’ve managed to sneak onto HBO and ESPN. But there aren’t any profits, no real growth, no penetration in garnering interest. Bellator wasn’t that great especially at the end. Just seems like Dana is a genius or got lucky the dice rolled in the way it did.
Dana is definitely not a genius.

Dana is definitely not a genius.
What would you call him then (besides a power slap HoFer or domestic abuser)?

Scott Coker got out of there.

Oscar DelaHoya got out of there.

Chotri being called a lying crook and shakey right now.

Viacom got out of the fight business.

EliteXC got out of there.

Haven’t seen an EagleFC card in a minute.

Back
Top Bottom