The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

"Sitting in a car on the way to some dump in Conneticut or somewhere, to speak to Tim and Suzie on the nobody gives a ****morning show did not get me this life."

Actually all that promoting you have done in the past has gotten you to where you were because you have promoted and talked yourself above other fighters.

It's just a bunch of b****ing and whining. Somehow this dude is using the fact that he lost to say he's refocused and doesn't need the distractions that made him so big in the first place? Man miss me with all that **** Look at all the stuff Bones has been through in the last year even though a lot of it was self inflicted and you have this guy crying because he got his *** whipped by Nate? It's a presser in 3 different cities be a man and do the damn pressers and stop acting like a *****

Last edited:
It's crazy how Conor is talking about all he's done for the UFC like they haven't done anything for him.

They've put a whole division on hold while he chased his "legacy" for his ego.

He is really biting the hand......

Dude talking about being paid to fight but not promote like BOTH haven't been the job this whole time.

I hope they take a hard line here. Strip him of the 145 belt. This whole charade has gone on long enough.

And keep him out of 200. Dude want to do all this money talk but what happens when your primary source of income dries up because you don't fight?

He crapped on sportscenter hosts. If they had any pride they'd curse him out next time he has to talk with them.

I'd say he's doing a hell of a job promoting the last 3 days.
laugh.gif
Zo.gif 
roll.gif

He crapped on sportscenter hosts. If they had any pride they'd curse him out next time he has to talk with them.

what he say?

Connor looking like a whole *** out here

It's in the quote a few posts up. Just saying connecticut's a dump and sportscenter is nothing. That stuff is probably true but Sarina Morales and Hannah Storm are appreciated.

I already picture Conor missing the pressers in Vegas and Stockton, but showing up unannounced to the NY presser (like he said he agreed to) and Dana letting him still fight on the card

The salt

Wait, so his excuse for retiring was "the press and events leading to the fight are to stressful"? Wth?

Lost all respect .....

Not that it's too stressful, more so that he thinks he's spent too much time on the road promoting and away from the gym and training

He's playing the angle of "I need to get back to my bread and butter and what got me the belt in the first place [training]"

I'm not 100% buying it

Last edited:
Nate has to promote the fight the same amount as Conor does so what's the big deal? It's part of the job, everyone has to do it

Nate has to promote the fight the same amount as Conor does so what's the big deal? It's part of the job, everyone has to do it
Yup, he has to accept that the UFC is an American based promotion and that travel is to be expected. Therefore, business will have to be completed in America

Nate doesn't have to travel nearly as far but that isn't his fault

Last edited:
I hope Conor gets smacked again. he's looking really stupid right now. doing promo didn't make you lose the fight, period.

Is this Conor's way of looking for an out.. Since he knows he gonna get that work again. He can't actually say nvm since he's said a lot of stuff about people running.

Last edited:
I always thought the promotional aspect was kinda dumb though and the press conferences were excessive. I hated the fact that Nick got pulled back in the day for not showing up for those conferences. It made perfect sense that for him it was way more important to be ready to fight Georges than it was to sit in front of people and talk. And in all honesty, how much is a press conference really doing for promotion anyway? You couldn't accomplish the same thing on a conference calls? Split screen interviews on TV? Embedded? Primetime commercials? ESPN video conference interviews? There's so many different ways to promote, why ***** with their training like that having them fly to 5 different cities and ****

So I get why Conor or any fighter wouldn't want to do the conferences. But like everybody said, this is the same dude that made his name berating Aldo and the whole 145lb division over social media and at press conferences, but now when it's mot useful for him anymore, he wants to switch everything up.

I agree that the press conferences are dumb tho and I hope they die out, but he's the worst guy to come out and try to make that point after he benefitted so much from them.

Also Nate whipped his *** on 10 days notice so in this case he looks lame acting like promotional stuff was his downfall.

Last edited:
Conference calls and television aren't nearly the same as the two sitting next to each other popping off 
laugh.gif

Definitely need to do at least one or two pressers, I don't think that's too much to ask for at all when it comes to PPV and combat sports

Not that it's too stressful, more so that he thinks he's spent too much time on the road promoting and away from the gym and training

He's playing the angle of "I need to get back to my bread and butter and what got me the belt in the first place [training]"

I'm not 100% buying it
The only angle he should play was, I'm not going to play touch but at the park anymore. Every fight he did the same now that he lost is somehow the promotions? Sure ...

Nate is probably on a yacht in Mexico again taking shots
I wouldn't doubt it ... He literally only had a few days to train, that's probably in his head that he needs no more training. LoL

I hope Conor gets smacked again. he's looking really stupid right now. doing promo didn't make you lose the fight, period.

Yeah considering he had a full fight camp the last fight and Nate was chillin and didn't even have 2 weeks to train.

These trash talk promotions aren't that entertaining anyway. Will just hear most of the same stuff they said last time except he'll add in how he wants revenge and will be better this time.

Back
Top Bottom