The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Aldo and Conor clearly have international appeal which is why it spanned different countries not to mention how much the company has grown internationally since 100

Your bringing up UFC 100 is exactly what I meant by "odd" :lol:

And I explained myself in the last sentence of my previous post.

You're also looking at things in a vacuum.

All the promo for 189, then the fight, help 194. Which does more than 189.

All the promo for 194, then the fight, help 196. Which does more than 194.

Seeing the pattern?

All of the press **** Conor did is what got him HERE. You think the legwork is done now? Now he wants to fall back before the UFC's biggest event in 7 years?

I have quite a bit of experience in marketing and promotion. So I understand where the UFC is coming from on a lot of levels.

You clearly have your beliefs. All good. I'm not trying to change your mind. Just trying to offer real world perspective on this.

I understand where they're coming from, too, they have a point.

I also understand that he's done more pressers in 3 years than most guys will do in 10.

I don't really see a big issue w/ him wanting to skip some to focus on training, which is also what got him where he is today.

Dude got his *** whooped, he's been talking about the media obligations draining him for a while now, plus the recent death of his training partners opponent.

I can kinda understand why he doesn't wanna hop on a plane in the middle of a camp to promote when he's been doing it nonstop since he arrived in the UFC.

conor my dood n all

but my mans really shot himself in the foot here...

UFC flexing some muscle, lets see if they hold true and keep him off 200.

Conor lost alot of leverage after loosing to nate, he basically at risk of slipping into limbo for the next year....

his next fight win or loose will be to unify 45....thats going to be a HELLUVA cut, either frankie or aldo is still a very tuff fight for conor....he risks loosing the belt to either of them.

Then its pretty much been revealed he don't got jack for RDA but the left hand, so 55 looking bleek.....let alone being a 2 division champ.

170 anything is off the table lol.

The landscape of his career has drastically changed since 196.....most of which im not so sure he "predicted"

he need to check this whole "diva/hollywood" **** fast before it backfire on him.....hes rode the highs so far....but hes yet to see the lows

its a shame too cuz I just want to see him fight...

Last edited:
Everything about Cejudo bugs me. Dude just seems like a lame, him and his whole team. Interesting to see them send Pettis to Toronto, DJ to LA.. then you had Bones in CT doing ESPN.. Cejudo and OSP got to fly in from home

I'm ready for the Bellator card tomorrow. It looks LIT

I just want cejudo to be a good challenge. That division might be the least interesting in the sport.

Last edited:
I honestly think Cejudo will give him some issues but I feel like Mighty Mouse is just too technical to not win. 

Your bringing up UFC 100 is exactly what I meant by "odd" :lol:

And I explained myself in the last sentence of my previous post.

You're also looking at things in a vacuum.

All the promo for 189, then the fight, help 194. Which does more than 189.

All the promo for 194, then the fight, help 196. Which does more than 194.

Seeing the pattern?

All of the press **** Conor did is what got him HERE. You think the legwork is done now? Now he wants to fall back before the UFC's biggest event in 7 years?

I have quite a bit of experience in marketing and promotion. So I understand where the UFC is coming from on a lot of levels.

You clearly have your beliefs. All good. I'm not trying to change your mind. Just trying to offer real world perspective on this.

I understand where they're coming from, too, they have a point.

I also understand that he's done more pressers in 3 years than most guys will do in 10.

I don't really see a big issue w/ him wanting to skip some to focus on training, which is also what got him where he is today.

Dude got his *** whooped, he's been talking about the media obligations draining him for a while now, plus the recent death of his training partners opponent.

I can kinda understand why he doesn't wanna hop on a plane in the middle of a camp to promote when he's been doing it nonstop since he arrived in the UFC.

It comes down to this.....

Can I understand why he doesn't want to do it? Sure.

But refusing to do it is a different story.

If I have a boss, and he asks me to do something, do I always want to do it? Hell no.

Is it my job to do it? Pretty much. And unless it severely compromises my principles, I'm probably going to do it.

And some dudes would do it even if it compromises their principles. This is what business is.

And under normal circumstances, Conor understands business. He actually embraces it. The press conferences. The opportunity to jaw with mics in front of him.

Which is why I find this sudden 180 so strange. But I do think he's still reeling from the loss. And I think the last thing he wants to do in life right now is a press conf. in Stockton :lol:

I get where he's coming from 100% And I can totally respect him for wanting to train and be fully prepared next fight. But 4 stops ain't gonna kill anybody, especially for someone who usually embraces the promotional side of things.

And yes he pulls in way more money than everyone in the UFC right now, but at the end of the day the UFC is his boss.. They have bent over backwards plenty of times for him. The biggest was setting up a rematch he wanted that made absolutely no sense, the least he could do is show up to do commercials and whatnot for it.

Last edited:

Everything about Cejudo bugs me. Dude just seems like a lame, him and his whole team. Interesting to see them send Pettis to Toronto, DJ to LA.. then you had Bones in CT doing ESPN.. Cejudo and OSP got to fly in from home

I'm ready for the Bellator card tomorrow. It looks LIT

laugh.gif
 at the end when Jones says "no rub and tug" 

Yeah his hair looks weird. I suffer from puffy hair too so I either have to get the sides cut short or grow it out.

UFC 200 presser at 2 pm, will Nate even be there since the fight was apparently cancelled?

Every question gonna be about Conor lol

UFC 200 presser at 2 pm, will Nate even be there since the fight was apparently cancelled?

Every question gonna be about Conor lol

I guess we will find out today if Conor is gonna be fighting at 200. Nate will most likely be there I think he is already in Vegas

Back
Top Bottom