The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

he wants GSP at 155 :lol:
if he doesn't want conor/dustin, he might just have to move up and take a risk. doubt it
espn had to edit it out on their clip :lol:

he wants GSP at 155 :lol:
if he doesn't want conor/dustin, he might just have to move up and take a risk. doubt it
espn had to edit it out on their clip :lol:

Could definitely see the GSP fight happening at 160-165 if he wins this weekend.

Good Lord, Cannonier is gold man

"People want to live on Earth, good for them. I want to travel the stars and live in the sun and see what that's like"

That watch
:pimp:
Screenshot_20201020-130839_Instagram.jpg

Fighting at 155 doesnt seem to be in this mans plans...

Glad to see my man Chito getting a big fight after O'malley. Mans deserves it. Dude got all the tools to be a contender.

A story I never heard before: Rashad was on the Morning Kombat a day or two ago and he was explaining how he cornered Vitor for the Jon Jones fight. Can't believe I wasn't aware at the time lol, that's pretty funny

I've recently thought Justin could def give Khabib a handful but with Khabib's father passing I kinda feel like that's going to be a pretty big inspiration. His focus seems on point this whole week and also Dagestan time zone is the same as Fight Island so his body is automatically adjusted

Justin admitting that if he can't stay off the fence then he'll get destroyed was interesting though his confidence seems genuine. I mean the man said he was going to leg kick. People brought up that calf kicks would be more realistic

I feel like another thing to worry about is his arms tiring out from defending take downs and everything else. I know Justin has elite cardio but we'll see if his punches keep the same pop if the fight goes into later rounds

Also had time to digest almost every single outlet for this card lol. Everyone pretty much saying the same things but good nonetheless. It's nice to have a variety of quality content

MMAFighting- A Side, Between the Links and their Timeline video all really well put together shows this week
MMAJunkie Radio
Morning Kombat- Mon and Wed shows plus Rashad Evans prediction pod
TSN with Aaron Bronstenner- all his interviews were pretty good
DC and Ariel- Mon Show and Wed interviews
Submission Radio- Pro's picks
Schaub Below the Belt with Alan Joubin and Kenny Florian (really the first time I gave him a chance it was enjoyable)
All the Embedded's and the Press Conference and all the individual scrums
Chael Sonnen's Youtube Channel prediction

Interesting to see justin tdd. If he can avoid being mauled like al iaquinta did in his fight, i like his chances

He never utilizes his wrestling even though he has a strong background, but I cant recall him being taken down and in a vulnerable position.

I feel like Justin has a better motor in terms of scrambles than Conor, Dustin and maybe even Tony. That comes from his wrestling background but really just athletically and willpower as well he has it more than those guys imo, an extra gear

He will get taken down imo like definitely. I just rewatched both the Dustin and Conor fights with Khabib.. I mean Dustin just got gassed out and Conor had decent technique to escape threatening positions but Khabib simply trapped him again. He and Dustin just didn't have that extra gear to escape and stand up. If anyone in that division can do it it would be Justin, if Justin can't then there's nothing left for Khabib at 155

As much as I thought Tony was equal I don't see the path for victory for him because he welcomes take downs and ****. Khabib also took combos from Johnson, Conor and Dustin pretty well he has a solid chin I'm not even sure Tony could do severe damage striking

I feel like Justin has a better motor in terms of scrambles than Conor, Dustin and maybe even Tony. That comes from his wrestling background but really just athletically and willpower as well he has it more than those guys imo, an extra gear

He will get taken down imo like definitely. I just rewatched both the Dustin and Conor fights with Khabib.. I mean Dustin just got gassed out and Conor had decent technique to escape threatening positions but Khabib simply trapped him again. He and Dustin just didn't have that extra gear to escape and stand up. If anyone in that division can do it it would be Justin, if Justin can't then there's nothing left for Khabib at 155

As much as I thought Tony was equal I don't see the path for victory for him because he welcomes take downs and ****. Khabib also took combos from Johnson, Conor and Dustin pretty well he has a solid chin I'm not even sure Tony could do severe damage striking

The thing that made the Tony fight interesting was how dangerous he is on his back with elbows/subs and the best grappler Khabib has faced is ? RDA? Dustin?

idk, Khabib is so relentless and clever with how he traps arms, legs, everything and really gives you little room to mount anything

To Dustin's credit he threw up a Hail Mary guillotine and had it pretty deep but Khabib stayed calm and knew exactly where to wiggle for him to escape

I kinda feel like Khabib would just overwhelm Tony on the ground and GnP him out or just ride him on the cage to a decision.

Also in recent fights, maybe even his whole UFC career I can count on 1 hand how many times Khabib's been "rocked". He's been in there with some of the best strikers yet somehow he avoids damage. I don't even recall him ever getting knocked down so that's kinda why I question if Tony could really threaten him standing

Even after the Iaquinta fight I was still questioning Khabib but he's answered pretty much everything when you look at his resume. The Johnson, Barboza etc. wins were nice but it wasn't until he dominated and finished Conor and Dustin to where I couldn't say **** anymore

Alot of people picking Gaethje

I will admit Ive never been wrong about anything like I was Gaethje, after his Michael Johnson fight I was assuring everyone hed never be a UFC champ. win or lose Im eating those words. hes elite

The thing that made the Tony fight interesting was how dangerous he is on his back with elbows/subs and the best grappler Khabib has faced is ? RDA? Dustin?
I would say Gleison Tibau since he arguably should've got the decision against khabib. I remember him stopping almost all of khabibs takedowns or getting up quickly. But Gleison looks like the hulk and probably stronger than anyone in the division.

Back
Top Bottom