The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

As a huge fan of BJ during his run it's incredibly sad to see how his UFC career ended and then for all this other crap he's been doing post fight career. He definitely could use some help, but he has to be the one to seek it out as I'm sure he's well respected by many out in Hawaii and prob has a bunch of yes men around him. Regardless though he should be having one of his boys be DD at least.

Those Edgar and Yair losses were rough to watch.

Since khabib is done for now Dana needs to put the belt on dustin. He’s the true champion and obvious best active lightweight in the world

His resume>>Conor’s

Imo dustin is the second best lightweight of all time

I agree with you that Dustin is the 2nd best LW of all time and he should have the belt right now. Make Dustin vs Oliveria and let's see Conor vs Gathje. I think Justin is a bad matchup for Conor. His powerful leg kicks and he could use his wrestling (granted we haven't really seen any of his wrestling in MMA and Conor's TDD isn't bad)

I met BJ Penn last year before COVID hit at a UFC gym event and the guy is a super cool guy. He was doing a BJJ seminar and seemed really informative and even took a pic with my wife and kid and even interacting with my kid. Wonder if it's just a drinking issue but I do wish well for the guy.

Since khabib is done for now Dana needs to put the belt on dustin. He’s the true champion and obvious best active lightweight in the world

His resume>>Conor’s

Imo dustin is the second best lightweight of all time

This concept has got me ****ed up :lol:

Outside of Khabib though him and Tony have had the best runs of any other LW‘s i can think of so you might be right.

1611705656672.png

This Jake Paul man... Can't stand him but he has a smart team tho. Calling out anyone but real strikers. Cyclists, B ballers, ping pong players anything but an actual Boxers.

You want to do a boxing match with the only mma fighter that never learned striking because he solely engaged in wrestling?? When Paul Felder trained at Rufus sports I remember him saying that Askren does zero striking sparring rounds, his ego won't let him learn striking in the gym because he knows he can just take anybody down at will. So this is who Jake Paul wants to have a Boxing match with?

When he does muster enough courage to call out a boxer he mentions Mayweather, someone that carries half the bodyweight. Floyd would still put it on him but it would be a bag for Jake Paul win or loose. He is basically a clever coward.

Last edited:
Burns wants it to go to the mat. Listening to him speak on the Bronstenner pod today, he pretty much dared anyone to take him down

He made an interesting comment, said when he was at Lightweight and fought Hooker, at that time for whatever reason he fell in love with boxing and pretty much only trained in that. After the loss he went back to his roots and starting fighting in BJJ tournaments. Went on his run after that

Am hoping Oliveria can go on a run and rack up a few title defenses. I don't have any interest in Khabib fighting anyone except Oliveria

Once Islam starts his run and gets a potential shot at the belt, if Oliveria were to sub him it would be non stop questions for Khabib to return and avenge

Wait, so you got Charles becoming the champ?

And maybe the Justin fight is what the doctor ordered for Conor. Justin is very leg kick heavy either shin or calf. No one has seen Justin grapple so let’s stop selling that narrative. It would mainly be striking.

I said I am hoping Oliveria becomes champ. I love watching khabib fight and I would like to see him fight oliveria

If khabib stays retired so be it but I don’t think any of these other guys have a shot at enticing him. If oliveria beat dustin, Justin and islam I think there’d be a decent chance for khabib to return

unless tony ferguson somehow pulls out a string of wins against all the top guys, i don't think there's a match out there that be interesting

Khabib is gone. Unless Mephistopheles caves in and reaches out to GSP for the fight.

For the purists, make Olivera/Porier. For the hype beasts, make Porier/McGregor 3.

For Uncle Dana, make Chandler/Porier.

Also, Conor’s coach is crazy lol. Full denial. Calf kicks have been a thing for a few years. He literally mentions Cejudo’s stanky leg against DJ. And has to have seen Gaethje/Alvarez and Porier. He mentions Chandler losing to Primus (sp). His man literally sounding like a casual in the cage.

Someone brought up the fact that horiguchi who is also coached by brown used calf kicks in his rematch that were also devastating

They slamming the gameplan lol

It’s also not easy to train against calf kicks

Also, Conor’s coach is crazy lol. Full denial. Calf kicks have been a thing for a few years.

I didn't hear what his coach had to say about the kicks, but I thought it was odd listening to Conor talk about them.

He was sounding like he had never experienced a leg kick in his life before, :lol:

Calf kicks aren't brand new but it's become a more common thing recently. Up to that point he had probably not been calf kicked in any of his fights. That I can think of anyway. You can't really hit your training partners with them or if you do you prob have pads on so you don't feel the full brunt force

I didn't hear what his coach had to say about the kicks, but I thought it was odd listening to Conor talk about them.

He was sounding like he had never experienced a leg kick in his life before, :lol:

Is there a way to practice a calf kick at 100%? Maybe, maybe not. It’s like taking a leg kick at 100. It hurts. A lot. Some may subscribe to the condition/deaden mentality. While others approach it by dodging/evading.

My issue is just the casual nature Conor is saying leg kicks. I had no clue...insert wire.gif.

He literally did leg kicks against Nate Diaz. Justin is a big user of leg/calf kicks. He’s been in the UFC for a minute and WSOF before that.

To be a student of the game, you have to pay attention to the tech. Like JBJ kick to hyper extend the knee. Even Conor’s clinch shoulder strikes are tech.

sexual harassment is wrong, but this idea that they're coworkers is incredibly loose

like, have they ever even been in the same state at the same time? would it matter if he/she fought for some smaller ufc org and not the ufc?

That is like water cooler talk that should be spoken off camera. I just think it's dumb to even say that on a podcast and assume it won't come back to bite you in the butt. I doubt he will get in serious trouble but UFC could tell him to watch what he says in the future.

Back
Top Bottom