The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Interesting, may look into Amazon. Just kinda sketch after the Conor Mayweather fiasco with UFC servers crashing. But i doubt it'll have nearly as many people streaming this time.

Either Khabib getting dominated with the boxing or Conor getting dominated with the wrestling. I don't really see it going any other way.

He is but range and positioning in BJJ for control and submissions is different than Khabib's style of control and striking. Plus while there is crossover, wrestling and BJJ are two different skillsets. The threats that Danis creates on the ground are very different than the threats that Khabib creates.
Definitely, I think Khabib is a most likely a better grappler due to his inclination to secure top position rather than play from the bottom like Danis likes to

I guess the point I was getting was that Danis is the elite of the elite when it comes to modern BJJ. Getting a black belt from the GOAT is a very high honor to hold

Lol at you filthy casuals picking Mcgregor.
I'm not a filthy casual and I'm picking McGregor. People keep talking about how it's a stylistic nightmare for Conor because of the ground game.

But it goes both ways, this is a terrible matchup for Khabib as well. A rangy, elusive striker with one shot KO power.

Difference in the fight will be McGregor's preparation and IQ in there. I have no doubt he's prepared to take it to the mat but he's going to keep the distance and use his striking all day long.

Been saying from the beginning khabib will dominate mystic mac. But as we get closer and closer something is telling me Conor is gonna sleep that man khabib

I still give the edge to Khabib. He has easily won three and five-round decisions.

I appreciate Conor's predictions (like Ali). Khabib is 26-0. He has never lost a round. Yes, he hasn't fought Tony, Alvarez, Diaz, Porier. He DID dominate RDA (prior to his big run at LW). Yes, he won the belt from LaQuinta.

I still give the edge to Khabib. He has easily won three and five-round decisions.

I appreciate Conor's predictions (like Ali). Khabib is 26-0. He has never lost a round. Yes, he hasn't fought Tony, Alvarez, Diaz, Porier. He DID dominate RDA (prior to his big run at LW). Yes, he won the belt from LaQuinta.
Yeah the fact that he's never lost a round is amazing but that has nothing to do with this fight against Conor imo, especially considering Khabib's comp like you pointed out

Why does the UFC feel obligated to put a female bout on damn near every single main card? Feel like there are so many better match ups they could put on the PPV and just leave sh*t like Felice Herrig-Karate Hottie on FS1.

Yeah the fact that he's never lost a round is amazing but that has nothing to do with this fight against Conor imo, especially considering Khabib's comp like you pointed out

Not losing a round in 26 bouts?

Conor lost a fight in the UFC to Diaz. Conor lost rounds to Mendes, Diaz, etc.

I'm not taking anything away from Conor. But in a FIVE ROUND FIGHT, Khabib has a style that suffocates and dominates an opponent. Conor is an amazing quick starter (whereas Bib starts slow). Conor also has great striking and amazing precision. But can't throw kicks due to takedowns. And Bib may or may not eat shots to take him down. The question marks for Conor are his gas tank, which we saw on display in the Diaz and Mayweather fights where the opponent simply waited until he tired and submitted/knocked him out. And Conor does not do well against grapplers. Mendes got stood up which is how Conor managed to knock him out. Same can happen to Bib. But man, that's a tall bet.

I can’t wait til Bellator puts Danis in with a legit fighter. Some low level fighter with heavy hands will knock the pubes off of his faces.

Back
Top Bottom