The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Just saw Khabibs presser. Ya everything he said was facts.

People don’t seem to think about consequences when they do a lot of talking. Like literally, you can go to 24hr fitness right now and *****s will be talking so much **** on the basketball court -which is great til someone beats the **** out of them. Must be generational thing bc the music that comes out today does nothing but talk by people that have no business doing it.

It's still very foolish of khabib to do this. I know he's kind of new to selling huge prize fights, but it still doesn't excuse his going Buck Wild in trying to fight McGregor's camp in an arena full of fans.

Fight promotion 101 is talking as much crap as you possibly can before the fight. Mayweather realized that over a decade ago and that's why he has over a billion dollars in career earnings. There's no such thing as bad publicity when promoting a fight. You need to say and do anything to get pay-per-view buys. Do you remember all the outlandish things Mayweather said about other boxers families and countries prior to fights? Remember what he came out with a sombrero before the De La Hoya fight? You sell a fight through trash talk. It's really foolish of him to take it personally. At the end of the day, Connor is making khabib more money and raising his profile through this trash talk. I know Khabib is all about honor and respect but at the end of the day this is a business and if you don't get that then you shouldn't be in the highest level of the sport.

That being said, I definitely think there's a double standard between how people are viewing khabib's actions and how they viewed McGregor's when he attacked the tour bus.

It's still very foolish of khabib to do this. I know he's kind of new to selling huge prize fights, but it still doesn't excuse his going Buck Wild in trying to fight McGregor's camp in an arena full of fans.

Fight promotion 101 is talking as much crap as you possibly can before the fight. Mayweather realized that over a decade ago and that's why he has over a billion dollars in career earnings. There's no such thing as bad publicity when promoting a fight. You need to say and do anything to get pay-per-view buys. Do you remember all the outlandish things Mayweather said about other boxers families and countries prior to fights? Remember what he came out with a sombrero before the De La Hoya fight? You sell a fight through trash talk. It's really foolish of him to take it personally. At the end of the day, Connor is making khabib more money and raising his profile through this trash talk.

That being said, I definitely think there's a double standard between how people are viewing khabib's actions and how they viewed McGregor's when he attacked the tour bus.
I tend to agree with your overall line of thinking. But Conor did take it to the most extreme level of personal attacks. He did attack the bus albeit it was in retaliation to Khabib putting hands on a solo Artem

Plus, Khabib doesn't care about money so the whole promotion thing to him is moot, though again, I do agree with your general line of thought

I just think there are lines that you can cross, and you have to really go out of your way to cross those lines as Conor did. On top of a physical bus attack, Conor had it coming

Khabib ruined his own moment.

He already won, he thoroughly beat Mcgregor and tapped him. It was time to get his hand raised and belt wrapped around his waist next to a defeated Mcgregor.

Let the emotions get the best of him or either that was premeditated because hes retiring soon and doesnt care.

I dont hold anything against Khabib, tensions high and it got to him. It is what it is but its not a good look for his respectful, humble persona.

If youre Khabib and youre preaching no trash talk and respect, you cant be hopping out the cage after a W and hulk smashing cornermen. No matter what words are being said.

All in all it was a solid card. Prelims were good. Black beast last second KO had me hollering. Pettis Ferg fight was great while it lasted. Overall a good card.

Khabib kept his composure throughout all the press conferences and everything while McGregor was being OD disrespectful to his whole family etc etc. McGregor should of been checked by Dana and others about that this time around.

This is what ends up happening and can you fault Khabib for it? I dont think so.

I have a feeling Khabib doesn't care about "moments" though, if that's true then "ruining his moment" becomes irrelevant

I think it is a great look for Khabib because he does things his own way and dulls out justice how he sees fit... and doesn't care about what anyone else thinks

I guess. Seems like to everyone else in the fight game it's about money and I guess khabib thinks he has some moral code he has to uphold. As far as the press conference, you don't get credit for not going Buck Wild, you're supposed to sit there and think your opponent sell the fight for you. You Here's the McGregor Mayweather press conference from last year as a point of reference.

do you think either of those guys was dumb enough to take any of those comments personally? They hugged after the fight because those ridiculous press conferences helped Mayweather make over $300 million and helped McGregor make a $100 million.

I'm aware that khabib is a low-key dude who lives with his folks and doesn't really care about the money but I'm sure he cares about his career and he just set it back just as it was taking off here in the US.

Khabib ruined his own moment.

He already won, he thoroughly beat Mcgregor and tapped him. It was time to get his hand raised and belt wrapped around his waist next to a defeated Mcgregor.

Let the emotions get the best of him or either that was premeditated because hes retiring soon and doesnt care.

I dont hold anything against Khabib, tensions high and it got to him. It is what it is but its not a good look for his respectful, humble persona.

If youre Khabib and youre preaching no trash talk and respect, you cant be hopping out the cage after a W and hulk smashing cornermen. No matter what words are being said.

All in all it was a solid card. Prelims were good. Black beast last second KO had me hollering. Pettis Ferg fight was great while it lasted. Overall a good card.
He said It best, he's human.

I think dude didn't feel satisfied, like he didnt make Connor and Co. pay enough. There are people like that out there.

Like when you clearly bear someone, but you're so emotionally invested that want to continue doing damage.

Anyways, the winner here is Al. He fought a better fight than Connor. LoL

In retrospect, I dont think Khabib gave 100% effort, maybe to make Connor over confident. Chess moves.

I guess. Seems like to everyone else in the fight game it's about money and I guess khabib thinks he has some moral code he has to uphold. As far as the press conference, you don't get credit for not going Buck Wild, you're supposed to sit there and think your opponent sell the fight for you. You Here's the McGregor Mayweather press conference from last year as a point of reference.

do you think either of those guys was dumb enough to take any of those comments personally? They hugged after the fight because those ridiculous press conferences helped Mayweather make over $300 million and helped McGregor make a $100 million.

I'm aware that khabib is a low-key dude who lives with his folks and doesn't really care about the money but I'm sure he cares about his career and he just set it back just as it was taking off here in the US.

Floyd fight was definitely a sparring match in which both men knew the outcome. Can't really compare that tbh, there is no bad blood between those camps, that was just a nice easy pay day for the two

There is real bad blood between Khabib's camp and Conor's camp. This is beyond the promotion of the fight. It started with Artem talking **** on Khabib thinking there would be no consequence... but Khabib put hands on him with his goons and then you get the bus attack

This goes beyond money, promotion. This is personal and I like it, it's real not something contrived

I have a feeling Khabib doesn't care about "moments" though, if that's true then "ruining his moment" becomes irrelevant

I think it is a great look for Khabib because he does things his own way and dulls out justice how he sees fit... and doesn't care about what anyone else thinks

Jumping out the ring aint a good look.

Those type of antics play into Conors persona because thats his shtick. The wild Irish dude that talks a lot trash and what not. Not saying its ok but thats his thing.

Khabib was the opposite, he supposedly represents being humble and respectful. Setting example for the kids. Inciting a brawl after winning doesnt fit in his playbook.

Again. I like Khabib, I like both guys. Theres a reason why this fight was so big and why us fans care so much about two guys that dont give 2 craps about us.

Khabib dominated Conor out there. He already won the fight. It was time for the glory and he yes he screwed that “moment” up. He was sitting there in the ring after begging for Dana to put the belt on him.

Again im not even faulting Khabib. Tensions were so high and he was mentally on a different planet. Ish happens, but to act like this wasnt an unnecessary black eye to a spectacular night is foolish. Lets not act like what he did was standard after every fight. All the focus is on the post fight brawl and not Khabib completely destroying Conor in the actual fight.

Life goes on. Suspensions and fines will be handed out and the MMA world will move on.

Jumping out the ring aint a good look.

Those type of antics play into Conors persona because thats his shtick. The wild Irish dude that talks a lot trash and what not. Not saying its ok but thats his thing.

Khabib was the opposite, he supposedly represents being humble and respectful. Setting example for the kids. Inciting a brawl after winning doesnt fit in his playbook.

Again. I like Khabib, I like both guys. Theres a reason why this fight was so big and why us fans care so much about two guys that dont give 2 craps about us.

Khabib dominated Conor out there. He already won the fight. It was time for the glory and he yes he screwed that “moment” up. He was sitting there in the ring after begging for Dana to put the belt on him.
Yeah it isn't a good look, of course it isn't. I'm saying Khabib doesn't care about that

Also the whole moral compass thing is a lil odd here. If you're a parent, it's your job to teach your children about right and wrong and not depend on athletes or anyone else to set the standard. I find these statements about "setting example for children" out of place

Khabib admitted it wasn't a good look himself but if you give him the chance to do it all over I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't change a thing. Khabib wants to set a new standard as he said of "acting like a champion". He viewed his actions as his way of ridding the standards that Conor set as champ, almost like a necessary evil Khabib had to do

Floyd fight was definitely a sparring match in which both men knew the outcome. Can't really compare that tbh, there is no bad blood between those camps, that was just a nice easy pay day for the two

There is real bad blood between Khabib's camp and Conor's camp. This is beyond the promotion of the fight. It started with Artem talking **** on Khabib thinking there would be no consequence... but Khabib put hands on him with his goons and then you get the bus attack

This goes beyond money, promotion. This is personal and I like it, it's real not something contrived

no matter how you look at it, jumping into the crowd of fans after you want to fight is a bad look. It took the UFC a very long time to be viewed as legitimate support, being able to fight in New York City and big venues in Vegas. This sets the whole UFC back. Also, Khabib may not able to fight in the US again because he may not be able to get a Visa. Regardless of if he cares about money or not he may get stripped of his belt and may not ever get an opportunity to have a big fight again and that's outside of any legal action or fines he may face.

To each his own, I guess to Khabib defending his honor is more important than his livelihood.

Dilon Dannis is a straight clown, how you going to keep talking trash after Khabib just took your daddy's soul like that?

no matter how you look at it, jumping into the crowd of fans after you want to fight is a bad look. It took the UFC a very long time to be viewed as legitimate support, being able to fight in New York City and big venues in Vegas. This sets the whole UFC back. Also, Khabib may not able to fight in the US again because he may not be able to get a Visa. Regardless of if he cares about money or not he may get stripped of his belt and may not ever get an opportunity to have a big fight again and that's outside of any legal action or fines he may face.

To each his own, I guess to Khabib defending his honor is more important than his livelihood.
Again, Khabib doesn't care about how this makes him look. He handled his business the way he wanted, I doubt he would change a thing if given the chance

This will not set the UFC back by much. They still have ESPN money and ESPN platform. You're getting caught up in the moment. The UFC machine is gaining more and more steam as the years go on. Will it ever be a legitimate sport? Probably not but they'll still be making a **** ton of money regardless, this incident doesn't effect the long term success of the company or the sport

As far as Khabib's Visa, I wouldn't be surprised if Putin or other means made sure he was alright. Nevada cares about $$$ so they could also be swayed in regards to a suspension

Yeah it isn't a good look, of course it isn't. I'm saying Khabib doesn't care about that

Also the whole moral compass thing is a lil odd here. If you're a parent, it's your job to teach your children about right and wrong and not depend on athletes or anyone else to set the standard. I find these statements about "setting example for children" out of place

Khabib admitted it wasn't a good look himself but if you give him the chance to do it all over I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't change a thing. Khabib wants to set a new standard as he said of "acting like a champion". He viewed his actions as his way of ridding the standards that Conor set as champ, almost like a necessary evil Khabib had to do
lets hope that part of setting that standard is actually defending the belt and not retiring

Dilon Dannis is a straight clown, how you going to keep talking trash after Khabib just took your daddy's soul like that?
Danis is on some other levels of delusion. He's legit insane for telling Khabib to come out of the cage. I don't know if I respect that more than tucking his tail between his legs lol

Woahhh slow down with Tony over Connor. Tony would get slepttttt. Hes so GD hittable.

McGregor is also very hittable though. And his power is overrated. And his gas tank is suspect AF. Ground game also weak.

Last edited:
Reactions: OTG
Mcgregor fights bring out all the trolls eh semen? You gotta be more believable. Ill show you some tricks sometime.

Wonder what Dannis was saying all fight but you could tell it was coming. In the video you see Dannis motioning for him to come out and Khabib called his bluff.

Khabib and co just cut from a different cloth. Can’t talk all that ish about a man and his family etc and not expect this. Watching the replays I don’t think he cared to choke out Connor but he wanted to do serious damage. Don’t blame him.

Lol, none of that is going to happen. Conor threw a dolly into a bus full of people and got a slap on the wrist and a title shot, plus they used it in the promo for this fight. Khabib will come out of this just fine.

Back
Top Bottom