The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

There was a guy immediately swinging at Conor on top of the cage as well, didn't notice that. Khabib's crew down for life

Edit: Conor def threw the first punch at dude at the top of the cage

Fighters will talk about being fresh enough to fight again all the time but this dude khabib I was legit looking to fight Conor’s entire team, get Dana to put the belt on him then fight every Irish fan in the stadium that disagreed.

Man I'm not big into ufc and legit didn't even know there was a fight tonight. Hit up a bar for free and i was thoroughly entertained by tonight's matches. People like Derrick Lewis are the reason guns exist. That man is a monster. He didn't seem very skilled but when he sees an opening, it's a wrap. The speed and power behind his punches :wow: :smh:
I never even heard of khabib until tonight and that mfer is the truth. I 1000% see why he's the champ. Boy was giving Connor the blues.
The chaos at the end though :wow: :wow: son ran in the crowd and wanted ALL the smoke. Then when ole boy jumped in the ring and stole on Connor :wow: I was literally jumping up and down. Are dc and Derrick Lewis in the same class?

Khabibs fight purse withheld, probable suspension and strip of the title upcoming. Losing the visa would be the icing on the cake :rofl: Glad the cronies who jumped Conor will be fired if they’re involved with the UFC, Dana made that clear lol.

Btw I am not a Conor fan.

Fighters will talk about being fresh enough to fight again all the time but this dude khabib I was legit looking to fight Conor’s entire team, get Dana to put the belt on him then fight every Irish fan in the stadium that disagreed.
His cardio is other worldly. And also to not have an adrenaline dump is also insane

DC and Luke probably helped a lot in calming him down tbh

He has crazy stamina and fights smart. When he stopped the heavy ground and pound and focused on control for the rest of the round you knew that his discipline would not allow him to lose the fight.

I’m sure DC helped coach him though the post fight interview

The thing is, Khabib corners almost all of his boys fights in other promotions. At some point his crew is gonna run into SBG crew at an event. This aint over, whether it's here in America or overseas. These two camps are going to be going at it for a while, only a matter of time before something more serious happens, even more so than the dolly

Glad that hype train is over. Hopefully, the LW division title picture can resume again.

We’ll see Khabib’s plans. Hopefully, he sticks around to fight Ferguson.

I honestly don’t have Conor as top 3 LW. I’d place Ferguson, current Porier, Lee, Khabib over him.

Conor should pursue the third Nate fight or whatever. It’s going to take a lot of work to shore up that TDD (and then with Khabib is it even possible).

Man I'm not big into ufc and legit didn't even know there was a fight tonight. Hit up a bar for free and i was thoroughly entertained by tonight's matches. People like Derrick Lewis are the reason guns exist. That man is a monster. He didn't seem very skilled but when he sees an opening, it's a wrap. The speed and power behind his punches :wow: :smh:
I never even heard of khabib until tonight and that mfer is the truth. I 1000% see why he's the champ. Boy was giving Connor the blues.
The chaos at the end though :wow: :wow: son ran in the crowd and wanted ALL the smoke. Then when ole boy jumped in the ring and stole on Connor :wow: I was literally jumping up and down. Are dc and Derrick Lewis in the same class?
Yeah DC won the heavyweight belt by beating Stipe Miocic most recently at heavyweight. But for the past few years he campaigned at Light Heavyweight, which is where he fought Jon Jones.

Glad that hype train is over. Hopefully, the LW division title picture can resume again.

We’ll see Khabib’s plans. Hopefully, he sticks around to fight Ferguson.

I honestly don’t have Conor as top 3 LW. I’d place Ferguson, current Porier, Lee, Khabib over him.

Conor should pursue the third Nate fight or whatever. It’s going to take a lot of work to shore up that TDD (and then with Khabib is it even possible).
Dustin still gets hit way too much and Lee is a bad matchup but nowhere near Khabib's level imo. Conor still in my top 3 (Khabib/Tony) with Tony being a wild card. I liked what I saw from him but it might take him a while to get back to 100% and he once again proved that he's chinny

If Dustin dismantles Nate that'd go a long way

DC and Lewis are not in the same class. Lewis’ mobility is severely limited due to his back.

Lewis could land a shot on DC but DC’s clinch, grappling, stand up would probably give him the edge. Having said that, HW is pretty shallow. Like LHW, it needs an infusion.

Yeah DC won the heavyweight belt by beating Stipe Miocic most recently at heavyweight. But for the past few years he campaigned at Light Heavyweight, which is where he fought Jon Jones.

I'd like to see Jones fight Lewis after he slims down a little bit.

McGregor did show some heart. Gotta respect that.

Damn If only Conor has good cardio.

Dude didn't have anything in those punches when they stood up.

Khabib really a different animal. Tony beats him tho.

No matter how good your cardio is, being stuck on bottom for that long with such a skill difference in grappling is going to drain anyone.

Guys like Tony and Ortega would be interesting matchups. The battle is if they have a technical answer to free their legs from Khabib’s leg clamp

if khabib gets suspended for more than a few months or anything more than a slap on the wrist, that’ll be a complete disgrace after letting conor skate on jumping into the ring and pushing a ref at a bellator fight and throwing the dolly at the bus and injuring innocent people.

Dustin still gets hit way too much and Lee is a bad matchup but nowhere near Khabib's level imo. Conor still in my top 3 (Khabib/Tony) with Tony being a wild card. I liked what I saw from him but it might take him a while to get back to 100% and he once again proved that he's chinny

If Dustin dismantles Nate that'd go a long way

I want it to be clear. I like Conor. I enjoyed his interviews on the MMA Hour. I loved his braggadocio and antics leading up to his fights pre LW championship. He has a good resume (Porier, Holloway, Aldo, Mendes, Alvarez) but he’s not in the conversation for GOAT or top LW. He managed to get past Mendes but that fight and the Nate loss exposed his weaknesses. He’s got good striking, the gift of gab and mental warfare. But early UFCs demonstrated, strong grappling is a necessary base. Conor does not have good grappling/wrestling base. I don’t know where he got the crazy idea to possibly challenge Woodley. Tyron would win. So would GSP. GSP is a better Khabib with stand up.

I told you before the fight, Khabib was going to win. Never losing a round or fight. Injuries and bad weight cut have derailed his career. Throw Dustin G, Alvarez, Diaz, Pettis and the result is the same. Ferguson and Lee are really the best options to see if they can possibly mitigate BiB’s grappling. I’m waiting to see how Porier does against Diaz before really bringing him into the title picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: OTG
Yeah Conor aint anywhere near the GOAT. Going into the fight if he had beat Khabib, the convo could be started

And yeah I never said Conor was a guarantee to win, I said Khabib could fully dominate Conor. Thinking Conor could win shouldn't have been a crazy opinion

I don’t disagree. I just tried to remove my emotions and tried to be empirical about it.

Whoever said the Detroit/Indiana comparisons was right. ESPN radio just keeps magnifying the post fight antics as part of its news cycle. Ferguson’s comments didn’t help. Fine Khabib. Suspend him. Have Khabib and the company make a statement. Keep it moving.

Back
Top Bottom