The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Why it feel like Israel is talking about Anderson

“We had the same opponent in mind but just he had a different plan of action. So, as soon as I sold him my one, he was like, ‘yup. I like that. I love it. Let’s go’,”Adesanya said to Submission radio. “So, it’s different when I’m in front of you. Like, I’m not here to just f**k around, I’m not here to just beat around the bush, I say what I say and I do what I do. So yeah, he understood and he’s a man. He’s got his own plans, not just for my fight, but for the UFC and onwards as well that you guys will find out later on.”

“Yeah, he’s on board with my plan now and he likes it. I sold him the idea,” Israel Adesanya added. “You guys wait till everything comes to fruition. If the other guy says yes – I should say when he says yes – I don’t know, but I feel like when he says yes, it’s gonna be historic, it’s gonna be something that you guys are gonna buzz over it. And then later on, what I have planned after that, that’s gonna be sick as well. So yeah, in due time everything will unfold.”

Why does he think, being about a month away from 2019, that fighting Anderson Silva will be historic?

Also I’m generally not a fan of when young dudes in their prime cherry pick the greats when they’re washed, kinda lame imo. Always rooting for the old head.

I’m really hoping it isn’t Anderson but who else would it be? Unless he’s talking about fighting someone in another weight class or something. A fight with jacare or Paulo ain’t gonna be historic

Yeah he's been calling for Anderson publicly so I'm guessing that's the name, can't think of another "historic" name that makes sense in that context.

Odds are Anderson gets smoked :smh:. But it is what it is I guess, sounds like they're gonna make it happen.

Chael :rofl:

That was gold

Since the ufc fight on Saturday will on when we’re all sleeping, I guess I’ll have to settle for this **** show

On the Israel topic, they really gonna use Anderson as a stepping stone. Cold world but I’m sure Anderson doesn’t see it that way

It could be jacare...

I know dana reluctant to have jacare challenge for the belt so Izzy could knock jacare out and propel hisself into that title shot

a favor for a favor

Really hoping its Jacare and not Anderson who Israel would destroy. Beating Silva shouldn't earn him a shot at this point.

Yup, it's over now. Only thing we have left today is Chuck vs Tito. It was on Fight Pass

Soon we'll have to get used to less cards on t.v.

When we'd usually get the "Fight Night" cards for free on FS1, once ESPN comes in in 2019 those cards will be shown on their paid streaming service

We'll still get the prelims for PPV's on free ESPN and a handful of free ESPN cards but it should be interesting to see how this new format goes

Dana already sent Francis a “Hey big head..” text.

Good to see him get back in the W column...esp considering this was the worst possible matchup for him. Dude is an asset to the HW division, didn’t understand why Dana tore him to shreds that way.

I withhold judgement until he strings together some wins and shows improvement.

They should definitely do the Lewis rematch down the line one day.

And I feel like Tito has Chucks number this time.

Hmm with Blaydes losing and the potential DC-Brock match happening I could see that potential Cain-Stipe fight being either for the IC or outright belt if DC does decide to retire.

Jacre turned him down for the Brooklyn card, said he needed more time to prepare. Izzy's first choice was Jacre

Can’t believe Anderson took that fight. Hope they offered him a lot of money.

Not sure why they keep giving him dudes like Brunson and Adesanya.

Edit: Definitely prefer Izzy fight Jacare. Neither is in line for the title at the minute. That fight would setup a #1 contender fight.

So..

Initially Silva said no, then Jacare said no, and a couple of hours ago Silva agreed. Must've upped the paycheck

kinda intrigued with the liddell/ortiz fight.
also, how is tom lawlor such a massive dog vs this guy deron winn. i read he was on the national team for wrestling, but he hasn't even been tested to be this such of a fave.

I just don’t see how that dude has a successful career at LHW. Way too short.

And Spider had to have gotten the bag. His first fight back is against the Last Stylebender? Naw. He was always positioning for a title or money fight.

Back
Top Bottom