The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

I read that Shaub says that he’s under the impression Conor vs cowboy is very real

So Schaub said it must be true right?!?! LOL but this fight makes sense for Conor as it gives him a chance to KO a name and get either the Khabib rematch or winner of Khabib's next fight.

So Schaub said it must be true right?!?! LOL but this fight makes sense for Conor as it gives him a chance to KO a name and get either the Khabib rematch or winner of Khabib's next fight.
I usually think the opposite will happen of whatever Dana, Schaub or Chael claim

In this case Dana says no and schaub says yes. Lol not sure what to think of this one, my reaction when cowboy first mentioned it was that it was conor. Most likely it’s offered just a matter of Conor accepting

The real question coming out of this is whether or not a McGOAT/Cowboy fight can do numbers as a PPV main event?

Conor is in a weird position where his fight has to get top billing but that means you can’t put any title fights on the undercard as his Co Main Event

conor gets whatever he wants. if it is khabib rematch, dana will more than likely bend over and have him jump whatever line there is
don't see what he gains from fighting cerrone

I think Conor fighting Cowboy is more to get him a highlight reel type W over a known name and it puts him back in a positive light. A second straight loss to Khabib would significantly lower his stock.

I also hope Cejudo is able to beat TJ but if so it seems strange that they'll supposedly be closing the FLW division right after and then he'd have to fight TJ again for the BW strap. That could really stall the BW division.

I think Conor fighting Cowboy is more to get him a highlight reel type W over a known name and it puts him back in a positive light. A second straight loss to Khabib would significantly lower his stock.

100%. And if he can’t look impressive against Cowboy then it might be that time for him

I also hope Cejudo is able to beat TJ but if so it seems strange that they'll supposedly be closing the FLW division right after and then he'd have to fight TJ again for the BW strap. That could really stall the BW division.

he can get Ko'd by khabib again and still get a big payday from a nate trilogy fight

^he definitely can, but gettin his **** rocked by Khabib again and going into a Nate match on a three fight losing streak in very high profile fights (counting Mayweather) won’t exactly help sell tickets.

But Conor also may be at a point where he’s just trying to cash out, so if that’s the case have at it I guess

Cowboy has more to gain from that fight than Conor. Cowboy has the advantage in BJJ and his gas tank is a lil better. Conor has the advantage in striking (ugh early rounds).

AJ Agazarm was on Ariel's show last week. He was spitting hot fiyah about the Dillion Danis. Lol.

^he definitely can, but gettin his **** rocked by Khabib again and going into a Nate match on a three fight losing streak in very high profile fights (counting Mayweather) won’t exactly help sell tickets.

But Conor also may be at a point where he’s just trying to cash out, so if that’s the case have at it I guess
I dunno, his dumb fans might still show up no matter how many times he loses in a row. The irish got no one else to cheer for.

khabib, nate, and run it back with floyd in the octagon (not serious, but you never know with conor/floyd $) and retirement fight in ireland
if he beats nate and/or khabib that may extend his fight life and big payday for another fight or two. run a trilogy fight vs khabib or fight another bigger name

I dunno, his dumb fans might still show up no matter how many times he loses in a row. The irish got no one else to cheer for.

A lot will definitely still come out but not like when he was on fire.

Just looking at Pac as an example, I guess he’s still technically a star and is capable of selling more tickets than the average boxer, but the Marquez KO started his fall, and then post-Floyd loss dude really isn’t doing huge numbers anymore. Nowhere close to when he used to do like 700k buys fighting relative unknowns (to the casuals) like Josh Clottey, and 1.2 mil fighting a name guy like Cotto. For comparison, he sold under 300k when he fought Jessie Vargas (no name) and between 400-500k when he fought Tim Bradley (name) the 3rd time. I’m curious to see how his upcoming fight with Broner sells but I think it’s safe to say he won’t do numbers like he used to.

If Conor can’t get impressive wins and convince people that he’s still capable of being champ and his heart is still in it (which I personally doubt tbh), his sales will more than likely reflect that.

Back
Top Bottom