The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

DJ had no interest in TJ. He seemed content with that and can now fight inferior comp in Japan and be happy

dj had no interest since dana wasn't going to give him a big bag for any superfight. can't blame either side. dj wasn't a draw and he didn't want to move up and take that risk

DxUqNYkVsAAQkCV.jpg
Damn that was fast :rofl::rofl:

dj had no interest since dana wasn't going to give him a big bag for any superfight. can't blame either side. dj wasn't a draw and he didn't want to move up and take that risk
I agree. The only thing is tj was going to move down and dj still didn’t want to fight him

I wonder this as well.. If TJ wins, is the flyweight division gone tomorrow?
This was the plan. Cejudo May have just saved the division. Great game plan by Henry to pressure early. TJ does so well in space when he can pick and choose. Even at 135 we have seen TJ get rocked early. Wouldn’t shock me if they still trash the division. Hope they don’t. Super excited for cowboy and nice win tonight. Also that Gillespie looks like a nightmare. Almost on khabib level with pressure.

Early stoppage. If you're getting hit while on the floor, it can look more impactful than it is getting hit standing up. Cejudo is not known to have knockout power.

Early stoppage. If you're getting hit while on the floor, it can look more impactful than it is getting hit standing up. Cejudo is not known to have knockout power.

This. DC sucking off Cejudo during that whole exchange was disgusting too on commentary. Anyone who watches fights on the regular know he barely did any damage to TJ. The fight was stopped solely off pressure. Between that fight and that awful Greg Hardy fight, this card was trash.

18 unanswered blows in 32 seconds is not a quick stoppage. look at TJs baby giraffe legs while he appeals to the ref.

good stoppage imho. you dont let yourself be in that position if you dont like it. if he lands 4 or 5 flush bombs there at the end instead of the ref stepping in. wed be mario yamasaki'ing him today noooo question. his job is to protect the fighters

After the Ortega fight and the other fight
... I'm good with the stoppage. I'm sure if dude wouldn't have pulled Cejudo off TJ, TJ would of have continued to receive additional punishment.

As much as I have punk *** TJ credit for the Cody fight, I'm glad Cejudo beat that ***.

As far as TJs comment, no one took **** away from you. Next time protect yourself and put up a fight. The reason why you even had an opportunity for a "single" was cause the ref already had push Cejudo back. Acting like dude would out wrestle a gold medalist.

I thought it was an early stoppage based on the actual damage inflicted, but you put the ref in a precarious position when you're scrambling around taking a huge flurry of unanswered punches.

Told y’all Cejudo was gonna rock that fool. His boxing has looked pretty good the last few fights. Plus those hands been blessed and supercharged by feeling up titty bella’s *******.

I didnt think that was a crazy stoppage ... Yeah, would have liked to see TJ get slept, but I do believe the fight was over whether then or in 5 more seconds ...

ufc looked foolish saying how inspirational ostovich is and then giving the co-main event to that trash hardy who only had 3 fights. Glad the fans booed the hell out of him.

TJ needs to shut up.

Dude got shoved to the ground by a damn flyweight, talking about "they stole this from me", :lol:

Out here looking and sounding like Luke after Bisping took his soul.

If the ref doesn't step in there, TJ most likely is KO'd instead of TKO'd.

It doesn’t even matter if the ref should’ve let tj go to sleep. If a fighter is on the ground getting punched and dropped and not defending himself then the ref will stop it.

It doesn’t even matter if the ref should’ve let tj go to sleep. If a fighter is on the ground getting punched and dropped and not defending himself then the ref will stop it.
not only that he got dropped 3 times in a span of 30 seconds.

I want to hope that TJ's loss will stop fighters from starving themselves trying to go down a weight class but I know it won't.

Hardy fight couldn't have ended worse, just worsens his image in the public eye. Though Dana being Dana, he might exploit it for views.

I've been calling for a Cowboy Conor fight for a long time, ever since Conor's "155'ers are stuck in the mud" and "red panties" comments.. and Cowboy getting irritated at the presser looking sitting right behind him saying Aldo was gonna beat his ***

"Conor has no right to come to 55, we're too big for him too strong, so take your little English *** back"

This was September 2015. Crazy how things circle back

Conor finishes him in 2 rounds
If Conor is focused and in form then yes. Just like 4 years ago when Conor said he's stiff, it was true then and is still true today

However if Conor doesn't pressure fight which is Cowboy's downfall and he sits back to counter, Cowboy could catch him with a body or head kick

That weight cut for Cowboy is brutal though, last night he looked drained, slow, old, plodding
^ Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat best line from that presser was Cowboy saying “I’ll bend his *** over and knock the ****ing Lucky Charms out of em”
Ever since then I so badly wanted them to match up

The heat might be gone but honestly at this point in their careers I think it makes a lot of sense for them to fight

Back
Top Bottom