The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

In my ideal scenario, Dana makes Tony vs Khabib and then makes Conor vs Cowboy title fight for 65

Have Dustin face Iaquinta for #1 contender at 55 or face Nate for #1 contender at 65

While I agree with you on CMG vs Cerrone, there needs to be a tournament at 65 for the belt. Would make for a more interesting event imo.

Yeah that would be amazing, I don't know that Dana thinks in those terms

Especially when Conor's involved, I would be surprised if Dana made Conor work for anything from this point on

Random, but does the UFC website have this wrong? :lol:

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 11.52.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 11.52.40 AM.png

just have a conor win the 165 belt and thats it? straight to interim title while the real belt goes undefended for over a year?

cant be serious with this repeat nonsense

Reactions: OTG
TJ also admitted that he got "clipped" behind the ear. Those are usually the shots that mess with your equilibrium. So he probably looked a little out of it. Maybe another reason the ref jumped in.

if cerrone stands and tries to exchange, conor will finish him early. needs to focus on wrestling and try to get conor into the later rds

good stoppage by the ref in tj/cejudo fight. there was no need for tj to take any more shots. he tried getting up in the beginning onslaught only to have cejudo knock his *** down again. i really doubt he would've survived the round with cejudo on top pummeling him for a few more minutes. it wasn't like tj was going to be saved by the bell in the rd. could he have survived it as cejudo tired out? maybe, but if he doesn't that ref was going to take major heat

i get him being upset, but it wasn't his belt that he was defending

Last edited:
If 165 became a thing Conor would have a snowballs chance in hell at winning it.

165 is the perfect weight class for Askren and I’m pretty sure Khabib would want to champ champ it up.

Conor is never wearing UFC gold again. Ever.

E.V.E.R.

If 165 became a thing Conor would have a snowballs chance in hell at winning it.

165 is the perfect weight class for Askren and I’m pretty sure Khabib would want to champ champ it up.

Conor is never wearing UFC gold again. Ever.

E.V.E.R.
Dana probably wouldn't put Askren vs Conor at 65 right away

Dustin, Cowboy, Nate, Tony etc. would be the matchups. Conor could compete with those guys

I could see Conor getting another belt, interim or undisputed. It's all about matchups, and with MMA + Dana weird unexpected things tend to occur with regularity

So if Ben moves to 165 then Dana would just pretend he’s (Dana) Sandra in Birdbox?

I’m at a point where I don’t even believe in Conor’s hands.

****** know his game by now. He’s not adding any thing new to his game. Put him against another striker and watch him get picked apart and stopped.

Mark my words.

Dustin would **** him up too.

You're saying if Ben moves to 165 after Conor theoretically wins a prior matchup to claim the 165 belt?

Have you ever seen Conor defend a belt?

No I’m saying Dana is going to just pretend Askren doesn’t exist and just gift Conor a title shot at 165?

Defend a belt? ***** he ain’t winning one no matter who he fights.

He’s done. It’s time for him to hang it up. Game has passed him by.

TJ with that "I was working a single leg". That's fine, but that single leg was against an olympic gold medalist. No way he was going to take Henry down after eating 20 some unanswered shots.

Can't wait to see them do it again at 135

No I’m saying Dana is going to just pretend Askren doesn’t exist and just gift Conor a title shot at 165?

Defend a belt? ***** he ain’t winning one no matter who he fights.

He’s done. It’s time for him to hang it up. Game has passed him by.
You don't think Dana would gift Conor a title shot with a favorable matchup at any weight class? He's been gifted title shots for most of his UFC career, it's not going to change now

Yeah, I don't know the game may be passing him by. I do question his dedication and motivation

I still think he can compete with the guys I mentioned at either 155 or 165. But yeah, it's valid to question his will to be great anymore

I’m saying that even if he is gifted a title shot, he’s not winning another title.

I’m saying these long hiatuses aren’t b/c he’s living life.

I’m saying he’s vastly overrated and will lose his next fight regardless of who he draws.

His time is effectively over. He’s Rousey status to me.

just have a conor win the 165 belt and thats it? straight to interim title while the real belt goes undefended for over a year?

cant be serious with this repeat nonsense

Exactly, even I can’t see Dana creating a division and then basically allowing Conor to hold it hostage.

At some point fighters are going to have enough of that **** and leave the UFC. ****** ain’t going for that **** no more.

Go ahead Dana. Do that. Effectively alienating talent across three separate weight classes.

Garbrandt somewhere in a dark room rocking back and forth repeatedly telling himself that he beat TJ in sparring.

The sale to the new owners is the root of this. Whether it's Dana making these fights or a new guy to replace him, this type of match making is probably here to stay for a bit

Dana and the brothers were playing 3D chess when they sold

Owners are just trying to get their return with all these microwaved money fights and 100 cards per year nonsense

I get that, but in the long run it’s not a sustainable model. It not only alienates other fighters it also robs them of proper promotion.

Back
Top Bottom