The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Can't imagine what Costa's camp looks like

“I think that both are looking to me, scared,” Costa said at Saturday’s post-fight presser. “Because both guys know now they have a very, very tough guy looking for them. I think Whittaker will beat Adesanya, but I beat Romero.

“For me, Romero won against Robert Whittaker, but if Adesanya won, takes the belt, man I can kill that guy. He’s very skinny, he does not have a chance against me.”

“Because Adesanya talks **** about me too,” Costa said. “After my last fight against Uriah Hall in 2018, he asked me to fight against him and he say, ‘I can beat this—he say I have dinosaur arms.’ So it’s personal.”

“No, absolutely not. … Not backup,” Costa said. “I trained [too] hard to be a backup. I train so hard. I need to confirm the fight to do my camp. My camp is wild, it’s jungle wild. Look, I forget to say in the Octagon, I broke my ribs this year. I broke two ribs in this last camp. I broke my biceps, clear off the leg. This is crazy. I bring nine fighters to spar with me. Our guys go back to home with injuries because of wild training camp.

“I cannot be a backup, I need to confirm that fight to make my camp.”

“[Adesanya and Whittaker] are not tougher than Yoel,” Costa said. “So because this I know, Israel [hasn’t proven he’s tough] yet. Whittaker is a true champion, but he’s not more tough guy than Yoel. Because of that I say I can beat both.”

The reason why Conor, Nate, and Jorge are so popular isn’t even because of their fighting ability, it’s because of their out of ring personalities.

The reason why Conor, Nate, and Jorge are so popular isn’t even because of their fighting ability, it’s because of their out of ring personalities.
It's weird that biggest stars were the nice guys 10-15 years ago like gsp, chuck, randy, rich franklin, anderson.

It's weird that biggest stars were the nice guys 10-15 years ago like gsp, chuck, randy, rich franklin, anderson.
It's a reflection of us and society

Also, to cross over to the main stream you need controversy and drama. Having all fighters that act like Tim Duncan isn't going to get you an ESPN deal

Card sold well last night because they had 3 fights not just 1 everyone wanted to see. Pettis w another injury color me surprised. After first couple hits Nate took he got his bearings and went to work. Stipe looked half asleep for those first 2 rounds. Took what DC had and DC looked gassed by 3rd round. Don’t see Nate going back to 155 so makes a Conor trilogy interesting.

Pettis goes back to the drawing board. I think he looked good in the first round and some of the second but Nate also looked really rusty to start

Wouldn't mind seeing Pettis rematch RDA or match up with Lawler

Now that Nate vs Jorge and Till vs Gastelum are in the works, Leon is left in the dust. Fighting Ponzinibio would make some sense even though it's going backwards and nobody knows either of them :smh:

I like when he said, he makes his fights against worthy opponents ... not these BS fights Dana wanna push for.

DC was set to make less than Stipe? How :lol:

Miocic was set to make $750,000 in disclosed fight purse, win or lose. He was not scheduled to get a win bonus. Cormier made $500,000 in the loss. Like Miocic, he wasn’t set to receive a win bonus if things went the other way for him.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...iocic-daniel-cormier-nate-diaz-anthony-pettis

Stipe Miocic: $750,000 (no win bonus)
def. Daniel Cormier: $500,000

Nate Diaz $250,000 (no win bonus)
def. Anthony Pettis: $155,000

Paulo Costa $120,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus)
def. Yoel Romero: $150,000

Sodiq Yusuff $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus)
def. Gabriel Benitez: $40,000

Derek Brunson $190,000 (includes $95,000 win bonus)
def. Ian Heinisch: $25,000

Khama Worthy $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Devonte Smith: $23,000

Cory Sandhagen $154,000 (includes $77,000 win bonus)
def. Raphael Assuncao: $79,000

Drakkar Klose $56,000 (includes $28,000 win bonus)
def. Christos Giagos: $28,000

Casey Kenney $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus)
def. Manny Bermudez: $20,000

Hannah Cifers $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus)
def. Jodie Esquibel: $10,000

Kyung Ho Kang $44,000 (includes $22,000 win bonus)
def. Brandon Davis: $21,000

Sabina Mazo $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Shana Dobson: $12,000

Damn Nate got 250k huh

Definitely more than his old 12k or whatever but I thought he’d be a little higher after his newfound fame

Screenshot_20190818-151752_YouTube.jpg

#1 trending on YouTube. And that wasn't even his best or 2nd best interview of the night.

STAR.

Off topic and it prob won’t happen, but I hope Pettis considers retirement.

One of my favorite fighters to watch and always been a great ambassador of the sport, would hate to see dude just become a gatekeeper.

A few other interesting weight notes. Daniel Cormier weighed 247 pounds on fight night after weighing in at 236.5 on Friday. Miocic was 233 after being 230.5 on Friday. Sodiq Yusuff weighed 169.2 after weighing in at 145. He was 15.9 percent over the contracted weight class. Paulo Costa 213.8 pounds on fight night. Yoel Romero was 207.2. Costa was precariously close to that 15-percent mark where CSAC is recommending fighters move up.

No way Nate just got 250K and Stipe got 3/4 a million.

Nate will probably be the reason why that card does numbers.

And how Stipe making more than DC a three time champ?

That company is bonkers.

Yea those numbers mean zilch. DC always gets points. Champions always get points. I believe even contenders for the belt get a small pctg

Back
Top Bottom