The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Watched it. Derrick had him on the ropes for about two minutes then he possibly gassed.
Personally I dont think he ever REALLY had Whittaker hurt. He did catch him once, but I really dont think whittaker was rocked FR.

That whole round was him running forward, chin first, winging punches. Homie was slipping and falling all over the place, it never looked like he had his center of gravity underneath him at all.

Im surprised he didnt get KOd sooner. It was just so so sloppy and careless.

Brunson had a streak going where he’d blitz and bad things would occur :lol:
Brunson was on a 4 or 5 win streak at the time so there's that...

Watching Israel get touched up by gastelum worries me
My thoughts pretty much exactly. Whittaker's boxing is slick AND he packs more power than Gastelum. If Israel can keep distance via kicks early he may see a successful night. But this is a tough fight for him.

Last edited:
Izzy's feints and subtle movements best in the game right now. If Whittaker doesn't dictate pace of the fight I think Izzy takes it. Love both fighters, been looking forward to this fight the most. Hope it's a ****ing war

Whittaker and costa both proved they have iron chins against arguably the best in the world in Romero

If Israel can beat them both... wow

Why?

He definitely showed heart in round 5 of the Gastellum. His striking leans more toward the Conor precision type.

And whoever wins...gets Costa. Yeesh.

I might be just picking with my heart since I like him :lol: but if he can keep his distance and keep the fight on the outside I think he will win it. I'm going to look at the odds and see if i want to bet it

Can’t bet against Stylebender

I can see him stopping rob and taking over the whole game a la’ mcgregor x aldo

dood has all the intangibles and momentum in his favor....

Man I hope it stays in his favor. I can deal with another Uriah Hall type disappointment. I need him to ride this wave until Mad Max shows returns

Has Bones next fight been reported yet?

I’m gonna assume he’s about to fight Francis. He’s been teasing big news, and Francis has been tweeting about a fight in Dec.

No. 245 needs another headline.

Maybe GD/Nunes or JBJ/random dude.

Cejudo is out (which ties up two divisions). Doubt Khabib would turn around that quick. Not sure about DC/Stipe. Zhang is probably better in China (like Khabib in Europe or Middle East). No one has any idea about Usman.

Maybe Valentina is another option.

Does anyone have an opinion on which card is better to go and see live between Bellator 231 and 232? They are both on the same weekend and my brother has free tickets. Thanks

Does anyone have an opinion on which card is better to go and see live between Bellator 231 and 232? They are both on the same weekend and my brother has free tickets. Thanks
On paper there's no comparison, it's 232. Rory vs Lima for the belt and Daley is always interesting. Lima is still in his prime and is definitely UFC upper echelon caliber

On paper there's no comparison, it's 232. Rory vs Lima for the belt and Daley is always interesting. Lima is still in his prime and is definitely UFC upper echelon caliber
Thanks. I figured the best card would be the saturday one. I'm familiar with guys at top of card but not so much with others besides Daley

No. 245 needs another headline.

Maybe GD/Nunes or JBJ/random dude.

Cejudo is out (which ties up two divisions). Doubt Khabib would turn around that quick. Not sure about DC/Stipe. Zhang is probably better in China (like Khabib in Europe or Middle East). No one has any idea about Usman.

Maybe Valentina is another option.
Yair Stephens

Bellator has a huge weekend and they got no buzz as usual :smh: Saturday's card will be the Featherweight Tournament selection show where the fighters pick their opponents after the event

They have good fights and good fighters, it's a shame that they can't get anyone to care not even seemingly MMA fans

I'm really interested in Page's bounce back fight. His opponent seems to have gotten into Page's head :lol: a taste of his own medicine

Friday
Catchwight (140 lbs.) James Gallagher vs. Roman Salazar
Welterweight Michael Page vs. Richard Kiely
Lightweight Ryan Scope vs. Peter Queally
Lightweight Benson Henderson vs. Myles Jury

Saturday
Featherweight Patricio Freire (c) vs. Juan Archuleta [a]
Middleweight Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi
Featherweight A. J. McKee vs. Georgi Karakhanyan
Featherweight Darrion Caldwell vs. Henry Corrales [c]
Featherweight Daniel Weichel vs. Saul Rogers

Yair making it known

ucgtkld37mo31.jpg

https://www.irishtimes.com/business...mpany-1.4029945?mode=amp#.XYxHjaErjfs.twitter

Hmmm starting to think McGregor is actually done fighting, at least until another cpl more years and the liquor sales dry up and his reebok deal expires. He made 27Ms off points last fight. I'm certain the UFC was like hey man that pts thing is done well double your gaurntee, 6 mill win or lose. And hes like hmmm 5 mill a year from Reebok and roughly 30 annually from the whiskey less what i squander away.... do I need to tarnish my legacy for a cpl Mill

Not surprising his business endeavours are bleeding money. Why would he understand any of the inner workings of business or k ow who to hire. Ppl are probably jus bilking him at every turn

Straight up. Probably why Dana cut him. He might have had a few kicks to his head.

Had to be, homie was already ducking fights and **** like he special during his first tenure.

Looks like they got rebooked for 10.18 as the co-main.

I've never said this before, but I really hope Jeremy Stephens destroys this kid and sends his ego to the shadow realm. I want to see a highlight reel level KO for him

Never really understood the Yair hype. Not really impressed with any of his wins but maybe hooker. Fought 1 real upper echelon fighter in Frankie and got the brakes beaten off him

Back
Top Bottom