The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Yeah Dana saying Izzy fought the way you're suppose to fight Yoel. Can't blame dude for not wanting to look like JJ after the fight.

Dana also said Costa had his friend act like a Dr. To try clear him for a fight:rofl::rofl:

Ortega called his shot last month, I never heard about this

Jung Chan-sung, who was set to face “T-City” at UFC Busan in December before the American withdrew with a torn ACL, took a potshot at Ortega on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show.

“It doesn’t matter [if it’s] Holloway, Volkanovski, or Ortega ” Jung said. “But Ortega already ducked [me] once. don’t need to fight a fighter that’s already ducked one time.”

Either way, Ortega took offence to Jung’s words, which were being translated by his friend Jay Park, the Korean rapper, whom he leapt from the Octagon to hug in the crowd after beating Edgar.

“When I saw him [Park] in Korea, he apologised and said sorry for the trash talk, and I said all good because at least you came at me like a man,” Ortega wrote in a comment on Instagram. Now you just a b**** dawg. Jay Park welcome to the fight game don’t be surprised if I slap the s*** out of you when I see you. Having an injury and ducking are 2 different things.”

Park tried to smooth things over with Ortega on Instagram – but it didn’t go too well.

“Don’t shoot the messenger/translator,” Park wrote. “Can’t blame the man for trying to shake s*** up and get a title shot. Plus he got the performances to back it up. Respect to u for pulling up to Korea for press but #teamzombie all day.”

I like Ortega but doing it while zombie isnt there is lame as hell

Gonna have people like myself thinking he didnt want any in the moment even though im sure hed agree to a fight

The fight was so crazy from round one I didn’t even look at it with scoring in mind. My overall thought was that JJ was gettin worked. I did watch with commentary though so that may have swayed me. People have said that Izzy/Gas was Jones/Gus 2.0 but I disagree....Izzy was the clear winner of that fight. This fight between Zhang/JJ reminds me more Jones/Gus bc it will probably take multiple viewings to find the clear winner (if there even is one).

Such an odd night. That JJ Vs Zhang fight was so good and I was so hyped going into the last title fight and then just such confusion. It was like it was fake or something.

Happy for Zhang. I thought It was a close fight too. Need to rewatch it and have a 2nd pair of eyes on it. Now I want to see Zhang vs Thug Rose.

My heart was thumping during that Zhang fight...I thought for sure somebody was gonna get caught...they were letting their hands fly. I would think the winner of Andrade/Rose fights for belt next. Rose/Zhang would be huge...sledgehammer vs the scalpel....115 is lit

The way things played out at 185 and 205, the Izzy vs Bones thing goes completely away for the time being

Jones needs to finish his business with Reyes
Izzy needs to finish his business with Costa

At this point I'm in favor of those, initially I wasn't as interested in the Jones v Reyes rematch right away.. but things played out the way they did

Back
Top Bottom