The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Edmond being Edmond. Told Ariel today that if Ronda fights one more time it should be cyborg because cyborg is too slow

Bisping shockingly said he may retire after the Gsp fight

keko jones is wildin.

DC will now be the guy who never beat the guy. Likely the rest of his career unless Jones fights again years down the line and DC isn't retired by then. Still doesn't take away from what he accomplished and it's not his fault one of the goats (even if he may have been juiced his whole career) couldn't keep his stuff together.

my 2 cents FWIW
I don't necessarily see this this to be entirely the case either, NO ONE has "beat the guy" so DC is not alone in that sense. DC did manage to smash everyone they put in front of him except jones and that ABSOLUTELY counts for something. I mean rumble was the mike tyson of MMA for a few years and a DC thats long in the tooth spanks this dood twice like it was fairly easy. Goes to ****ing WAR and beats Jons biggest rival in Gustaffson in a very similar way Jon did.

DC is def a great, its crazy to thik what he could have done if he came into MMA at a younger age. Im not necessarily a big "DC guy" but, man I admire and respect tf out of his run in strikeforce and UFC...doods a G in my book, no one beats jones.

Rockhold looks sloppy and STILL dominates jeeeesh

his confidence is almost his weakness, he is almost TOO relaxed AT TIMES

branch impressed tf outta me, I thought for sure lukes legs were going to give out on a couple of those punches....(hmmmmmm)

my main man platinum perry with the straight brutal homicide :sick: dawg that was all rage :lol: he was ragging that dood around like his little brother

lawler call out was smooth, loved it...hope they book it or get him another decent fight next, love him or hate him he has been fun to watch so far.

Not impressed with that Rockhold performance at all. Dude had mad time off and his standup still looks as flawed as before, the blueprint is still there, crowd him.

The flip side though is that his grappling is strong as ****, but we already knew that from his previous fights, no improvement there

If you can handle his clinch you can crowd him and beat him. I think Whittaker can get it done

rockhold is giant mw and strong as hell. If he grabs you then it's hard to get free but Whittaker has beat both jacare and romero. Those 2 have very impressive grappling credentials and he was able to negate them. If luke doesn't keep his hands up, Whittaker would blast him early.

Not impressed with that Rockhold performance at all. Dude had mad time off and his standup still looks as flawed as before, the blueprint is still there, crowd him.

The flip side though is that his grappling is strong as ****, but we already knew that from his previous fights, no improvement there

If you can handle his clinch you can crowd him and beat him. I think Whittaker can get it done

IDK man, I personally think Luke's striking is pretty slick, especially his kicks. And, Luke is a tall and long MW. Crowding and getting inside is the name of the game against longer opponents. It's where guys like DC and Teixera were supposed to do work bc of JJ's length. I agree with SORIANOTRON SORIANOTRON that Luke's biggest weakness is most likely his overconfidence. I think it was that, that cost him versus Bisping.

IDK man, I personally think Luke's striking is pretty slick, especially his kicks. And, Luke is a tall and long MW. Crowding and getting inside is the name of the game against longer opponents. It's where guys like DC and Teixera were supposed to do work bc of JJ's length. I agree with SORIANOTRON SORIANOTRON that Luke's biggest weakness is most likely his overconfidence. I think it was that, that cost him versus Bisping.

I dunno, I wasn't impressed man, he took hella clean shots to the face, I wouldn't really call that slick. His kicks are definitely nasty but he's pretty vulnerable in the pocket from what I've seen from him.

I think Luke beats anyone in the division not named Whittaker. He likely needs one more fight to solidify his title shot, at this point I'd say Weidman, Romero and Jacare, priority in that order, make sense for his next fight.

I actually would like to see Rockhold vs Romero /before getting another title shot. Weidman is not in the mix at the moment for me.

los!!!!!! **** yeah give this man anyone he wants

interested to see how he looks nowadays, you want to talk greats.....heres one of your all time WW greats still chugging along

I personally thought he edged robbie that last fight

WME needs to give this man the appropriate push, hes a legend....

condit > GSP imo

masvidal would wash Los. its over for him now, he had a good run but usada ****in it up for all these aging fighters

After watching TUF last night before the fight started I had a feeling that Nicco girl was gonna win. Lauren was talking so much ish before the fight and looking towards the 3rd fight already lol. A lot of the old vets in wmma seem to be stubborn and don't think these up and comers deserve to be where they are. Its been a good season so far imo.

I dunno, I wasn't impressed man, he took hella clean shots to the face, I wouldn't really call that slick. His kicks are definitely nasty but he's pretty vulnerable in the pocket from what I've seen from him.

Yeah his defense is pretty lack luster. Same for his offense in the pocket/clinch due to his length. But once he gets going offensively, especially once he establishes his range I think he picks his shots well and can utilize unorthodox angles and strikes.

I know this is off subject, but what do you guys make of Andre Ward's sudden retirement announcement? Sucks to see him go so young, but seems he just doesn't have the desire for it anymore...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom