The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

I’m not that huge of a fan of izzy anymore, but you got to be happy for him. To be down 3-0 in a fight series and finally win in spectacular fashion while regaining your belt has to be his greatest feat.

Izzy/Alex 3 will be the biggest card sans-Conor maybe ever
Ehhh that seems doubtful. Need to see last night's numbers but Izzy would need to double his highest ppv buys (Jan) to get into the area you're talking about. He'd need a bigger name opponent to do that. Alex is a great fighter but he's so new in ufc that the casual barely knows who he is.

All periera had to do was leg kick the dude till his bones broke- periera got zero ****ing
striking defense man

Smfh my 400 😭

Just rewatched

Confirms what I had thought last night- Alex was as sharp as he's ever been and maybe even more on point than their first MMA fight. Had him edging the first and edging the second before he went to sleep

Big difference for Izzy is that he wasn't as skittish. The power difference was still glaring but Izzy wasn't getting scared backed into the cage and looking panicked kind of how he did in their first MMA fight

Izzy wasn't really getting rocked much at all in the last exchange, he shelled up and rolled well

It was dope seeing Izzy and Alex's camp embrace at the end

They’re weird AF down there man IDK how people call it home lol
It’s warm. We got theme parks. Carribean food. No state tax. Up until COVID, good cost of living. We also seent more chips across sports than Texas.
Florida sucks man
I won’t lie. It is crazy down here. That concealed carry law 😳
Thanks. **** sucks down here right now.
Yea Burns played it safe.

Also rather not watch Izzy v Pereira 3, time to find a new opponent.
Issue with Izzy is before the Alex rivalry he cleaned up the division. He’s beaten Cannonier, Whitaker, Vettori, Costa, etc.

Miami Baby!!!

We need more cards in Florida.
There’s no growth my man
If not, how they triple the worth since the sale in 2016?

Been calling this since du Plessis made his UFC debut: I don't think Izzy, Francis and Usman gonna take kindly to du Plessis speaking all this "becoming the first real true African UFC champ" :rofl:

Izzy playing this very well. If it isn't du Plessis next then the only other interesting option is Chimaev. Wish Bo had more wins under his belt- that would be dope too

Izzy should definitely tune ole boy up based off this quote alone

Yeah, ok man

“I am not hating on any of the current African champions.

“Good on them if they made a better life elsewhere. They are African-born, that is their heritage and their right, 100%. But to say that you are fighting out of Africa like the guys do, and you’ve been living in another country your whole life, that is basically riding the train in my opinion, and I just feel that the fans know, feel and see, and obviously there is proof that I am going to be the first real African-born UFC champion. I was born here, I live here, I have never lived anywhere else, this is my home, South Africa is my home country, this is my home continent, and that is exactly what I meant by it and I am sticking with that.”

The ****, is Jan going to cut a leg off to make 85? Stop playing man :lol:

Both men looked sharp in the 1st but Pereira seemed to get his reads ans range much quicker than Izzy,.I am surprised all 3 judges gave that to Izzy. He was popping him with his straight but would've thought those leg kicks were the bigger blows.

You can tell Izzy wanted to do so much more but Pereira was just shutting it down. But when Izzy was standing his ground in the pocket to fire off the 3 piece each time, **** started cooking.

Anyone saying that finish was a hail mary :lol:

Much better angle of the finish. Man rolled with the knee, took a small step to the right for that angle and unloaded with a 1-2. **** was perfect. Alex has a hell of a chin though, legs didn't even go out after that, it was the 2nd straight on the temple then the hook on the way down to put him to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom