The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

The fight was looking like the end of the last fight but zest was able to throw punches and connected. Pereira was throwing everything to get another tko against the cage.

LOVE this energy
Yea man. Max been my favorite fighter but Izzy been the only fighter I emotionally feel invested in every time he fights. I grew up in NZ too and knew some of the same people (not close friends or nothing). I never knew him and quite honestly he can be corny AF, but the way he's carrying two countries on his back and puttin' on for everyone back home is so dope. Not many elite athletes on this stage coming out of NZ, will always be rootin' for him no matter how many corny lines he delivers :lol:

Max vs Arnold should be awesome but i dont get why they are killing off a contender if Max gets the W.

Max currently -180 on draft kings

Yea man. Max been my favorite fighter but Izzy been the only fighter I emotionally feel invested in every time he fights. I grew up in NZ too and knew some of the same people (not close friends or nothing). I never knew him and quite honestly he can be corny AF, but the way he's carrying two countries on his back and puttin' on for everyone back home is so dope. Not many elite athletes on this stage coming out of NZ, will always be rootin' for him no matter how many corny lines he delivers :lol:
It’s interesting because two kids at my school are from Auckland, NZ and their dad, who coaches a club rugby team at the University of Oregon, is a big mma fan.

I asked him on Friday if he was going to watch the fight and he said, “of course.”

I replied by saying, ”I guess I know who your rooting for.”

He said, “i’m actually not a fan of Izzy. He’s too cocky.”

Izzy even rubs some people in his hometown the wrong way.

…his post fight celebration probably didn’t help matters.

It’s interesting because two kids at my school are from Auckland, NZ and their dad, who coaches a club rugby team at the University of Oregon, is a big mma fan.

I asked him on Friday if he was going to watch the fight and he said, “of course.”

That’s not surprising in the least. He’s a weird out there individual for any country and rubs a lot of people the wrong way

Tons of irish people dont rock with conor for this reason

He don’t need that dudes approval or anyone else’s, New Zealander or not. I'm sure a lot of older heads are bothered by Izzy and the new generation lol

People always wanting others to act and behave a certain way. Pathetic but I understand it

Hope he keeps up the antics and celebrations to make people feel uncomfortable

I woke up the neighbors at 1am here I screamed so loud. Izzy :pimp:
Legit was saying "comon izzy, comon izzy" when he was getting backed up to the cage. Then wifey said something annoying like "is he winning?" Then BANG. I legit screamed and jumped over the couch. Kids had already fallen asleep...they woke up and started high fiving each other.
:rofl:

I actually had family over but they left before the main event. Glad bc i got tired of hearing that "how do you watch that violence?" Bs. Was a good night

Yeah classic tall poppy syndrome that's rampant down under. 90% of UFC fighters say cocky things :lol:
Izzy's bravado and self confidence fits in a lot more within the sports culture in the U.S. Also, NZ has a very very small black population and is way behind on race relations. A large swathe of them don't see "a kiwi" when they see Izzy fighting, if you know what I mean.

Legit was saying "comon izzy, comon izzy" when he was getting backed up to the cage. Then wifey said something annoying like "is he winning?" Then BANG. I legit screamed and jumped over the couch. Kids had already fallen asleep...they woke up and started high fiving each other.

I actually had family over but they left before the main event. Glad bc i got tired of hearing that "how do you watch that violence?" Bs. Was a good night
Love this! My girl was telling me to quiet down and I was like "the neighbors need to know!" :lol:

That’s not surprising in the least. He’s a weird out there individual for any country and rubs a lot of people the wrong way

Tons of irish people dont rock with conor for this reason

He don’t need that dudes approval or anyone else’s, New Zealander or not. I'm sure a lot of older heads are bothered by Izzy and the new generation lol

People always wanting others to act and behave a certain way. Pathetic but I understand it

Hope he keeps up the antics and celebrations to make people feel uncomfortable
I don’t mind cocky.

But doing things like humping your opponent after a win or making crude remarks that could justifiably be construed as homophobic is something else.

…the guy just rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah classic tall poppy syndrome that's rampant down under. 90% of UFC fighters say cocky things :lol:
Izzy's bravado and self confidence fits in a lot more within the sports culture in the U.S. Also, NZ has a very very small black population and is way behind on race relations. A large swathe of them don't see "a kiwi" when they see Izzy fighting, if you know what I mean.

Love this! My girl was telling me to quiet down and I was like "the neighbors need to know!" :lol:
What’s “poppy syndrome”?

Humping another man is homophobic?

wut
No…that’s just crude and immature.

He made some remarks to Marvin Vettori during their trash talk interviews that were blatantly homophobic in my opinion. ot sure if I can find the specific interview and what he said.

But I remember stuff that was essentially along the lines of Marvin Vettori is a ***** and if we were in prison he’d be my bi***.

Whether you want to call that homophobic or just gutter level garbage, it something i don’t respect.

…it’s unbecoming of a champion imo.

He made some remarks to Marvin Vettori during their trash talk interviews that were blatantly homophobic in my opinion. ot sure if I can find the specific interview and what he said.

But I remember stuff that was essentially along the lines of Marvin Vettori is a ***** and if we were in prison he’d be my bi***.

Whether you want to call that homophobic or just gutter level garbage, it something i don’t respect.

bro, wut

You gotta provide an article or a link to this quote from Izzy about the prison talk :lol:

Izzy is one of the most anti stereotypical masculine athletes in sports. He paints his nails. He wears pearls. He dresses very.... alternative

Adesanya wants no part of a trilogy fight.

It’s 3-1 Alex, but in Izzy’s mind it’s “settled.”

…makes sense.
Not really settled, he simply stated that he granted Alex a fast track to the title shot because of their history

Which is 100% fact

Izzy had to work his way up the organic way. Facing several wrestlers and solid competition before getting a title shot

He's saying he wants Alex to start fighting these other dudes before a rematch

I don't care either way but that's a lot different from what you're saying

Adesanya wants no part of a trilogy fight.

It’s 3-1 Alex, but in Izzy’s mind it’s “settled.”

…makes sense.
This what I’m not getting

Yes izzy just kod his lights out but he’s still 1-3

The people saying “ yeah but the first 2 was kickboxing” don’t matter izzy still down 3-1 to the dude 😂

Don’t think either Alex or izzy want to run it back so whatever

Question is who’s a good contender for izzy now? The top 3 Whitaker cannonier and Vittori couldn’t get it done

Not really settled, he simply stated that he granted Alex a fast track to the title shot because of their history

Which is 100% fact

Izzy had to work his way up the organic way. Facing several wrestlers and solid competition before getting a title shot

He's saying he wants Alex to start fighting these other dudes before a rematch

I don't care either way but that's a lot different from what you're saying
What he’s saying, if you read between the lines, is that he doesn’t want to test his luck again against a guy who’s beaten him three times and knocked his *** out twice, unless he absolutely has to.

He feels very fortunate to have finally gotten a win.

He’s hoping Alex gets outgrappled by some other contenders in the division, so he doesn’t have to risk it again in a fight where his chances are probably 50/50.

…that’s what he’s saying.

What he’s saying, if you read between the lines, is that he doesn’t want to test his luck again against a guy who’s beaten him three times and knocked his *** out twice, unless he absolutely has to.

He feels very fortunate to have finally gotten a win.

He’s hoping Alex gets outgrappled by some other contenders in the division, so he doesn’t have to risk it again in a fight where his chances are probably 50/50.

…that’s what he’s saying.
You been reaching all day on him bro

First with the made up prison homophobic talk

Now acting as if Izzy is scared of a rematch

This is what he said:

“I was looking for that challenge. He beat me in kickboxing and I got the immediate rematch because of what I’ve done in the game. … I did the hard yard and I earned my f*cking rematch. Now he has to do the hard yard and earn it, but I don’t think he’s going to. Go cause problems at 205. He’s a ************ to deal with, I’ll tell you that.”

Izzy wants him to do the same thing he did. If Alex went and beat any of those dudes, Izzy wouldn't be able to run even if he wanted to. Dana would make them fight

How and why do you follow this sport if you deem this type of trash talk socially unacceptable?
You must hate like every fighter apart from Rob Whittaker

Izzy on his humping of Costa:

“I couldn’t give a f**k what they think to be honest,” Adesanya told MMA Fighting. “I didn’t even think about it. I didn’t even plan it. It was just justified. Like you know when you’re on ‘Call of Duty’ and you smoke someone with a head shot and then you go over them and then press circle, down, up, down, up, kind of tea bag them. That’s kind of what I did.

“What it is, is homophobia. People are just mad ‘why are you doing that, you’re not a man’ cause they feel inadequate. Questioning their own sexuality.”

Watched in my man cave the best way possible - by myself and with a glass of scotch

Back
Top Bottom