The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Dan Hooker claiming Islam used an IV to rehydrate and is a cheat.

Islam had a nutritionist from the UFC PI assigned to him all week. Without evidence, this is a bad look from Volk’s team.

If we want to throw out baseless accusations, we got Adesanya’s sudden breast. Not too mention, Volk getting apparently stronger and faster at 34. Without proof, accusations mean absolutely nothing.

Woah woah woah

Hooker coming out with that has NOTHING to do with Volk - I’m not sure what Volk has said in the last 24 hours, but directly after the fight asked the Aussie fans to give Islam a cheer and was nothing but a class act.

Woah woah woah

Hooker coming out with that has NOTHING to do with Volk - I’m not sure what Volk has said in the last 24 hours, but directly after the fight asked the Aussie fans to give Islam a cheer and was nothing but a class act.

I don’t disagree with you. I am making the point that baseless accusations can easily be turned around on your own team.

Woah woah woah

Volk also tried to say Islam thought he lost and was telling his corner he wanted a rematch before he found out he won. This wasnt even something Volk heard himself...i guess one of his boys told him. So yea, these CKB dudes just take rumors and run all the way with 'em. Pretty sure Hooker has advanced CTE also.

Dan Hooker claiming Islam used an IV to rehydrate and is a cheat.

Islam had a nutritionist from the UFC PI assigned to him all week. Without evidence, this is a bad look from Volk’s team.

If we want to throw out baseless accusations, we got Adesanya’s sudden breast. Not too mention, Volk getting apparently stronger and faster at 34. Without proof, accusations mean absolutely nothing.
I’m real tired of Dan hooker lol. Dude was/is a cool action fighter but he stay being outta pocket

Man's just mad cause Islam ran through him under a minute. I'm sure the same will happen to Jalin Turner after he runs through 2 CKB guys back to back.

Volk also tried to say Islam thought he lost and was telling his corner he wanted a rematch before he found out he won. This wasnt even something Volk heard himself...i guess one of his boys told him. So yea, these CKB dudes just take rumors and run all the way with 'em. Pretty sure Hooker has advanced CTE also.

Again - Volk has (from what I’ve seen) been very humble in defeat.

I’m sure every team Stans for their boys to some degree - Hooker a clown for that

Last edited:
It's better to think you won than to say I'll review the film and come to my own conclusion like a Sean O'Malley.

Everyone can argue Islam won but I'm sure we'd agree it was a close fight.

Watched the Islam-Volk fight last night was while close it was clearly a decision win for Islam. Thought it was clearly 3-2 Islam and maybe even 4-1 as you could make arguments that he did enough in all rounds save for round 5. I didn't love some of the fight like when Islam was controlling Volk on the ground but that's the fight game and you do what you gotta do sometimes.

Moving forward if Volk gets through Yair, Allen (if he beats Max) and maybe one other FW I could see them entertaining the fight again if both guys are still champs and depending on state of the divisions at the time.

Last edited:
Alex is calling for an immediate rematch but I'd much rather have them both defend at least 3 more times before we have talks of a rematch.

Hope they just scrap the Charles/Benny fight and book the Benny title fight when Islam's ready for a camp after Ramadan. Let Charles fight Tsarukyan to give another young fighter an opportunity to break that top5.

Charles is 11-1 in the last 5 years - THAT IS INSANE

I’m fine with Benny getting his title shot, but Charles needs to be right there too

Charles is 11-1 in the last 5 years - THAT IS INSANE

I’m fine with Benny getting his title shot, but Charles needs to be right there too
It’s just the fact that Islam rolled through Charles so easily

Benny in his own right deserves a title shot so him fighting Charles is unnecessary

Benny in his own right deserves a title shot so him fighting Charles is unnecessary

I saw some clamoring for an instant rematch

My point is around Charles CLEANING out the division and not getting any respect 😂😂

100% agree that Benny should get the shot now. We know he doesn't "move the needle" but guy is on an 8 fight win streak. Also, with Islam still champ no one is in any rush to see him take on Charles so soon.

I saw some clamoring for an instant rematch

My point is around Charles CLEANING out the division and not getting any respect 😂😂
If he beats another contender he more than deserves it (just saying it doesn't need to be Benny). Aint nothing disrespectful about that scenario

But I will say Charles has no chance beating Islam. Shrugs if that's disrespectful

If he beats another contender he more than deserves it (just saying it doesn't need to be Benny). Aint nothing disrespectful about that scenario

But I will say Charles has no chance beating Islam. Shrugs if that's disrespectful

I’m not invested in Charles - that run was still silly regardless

Finally had a chance to watch the fight… don’t see how anyone could say robbery. Close right, deff not unanimous but I could see it being called for either fighter.

Back
Top Bottom