The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Creating a division so Conor could be champion would be ****ing hilarious.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit with their TV rights negotiations going on this year and the lawsuit happening the same time. Having Conor and Sean as champs would pretty much maximize their deals even with the lawsuit looming. But again these are all rumors.
WME had to force Vince McMahon out the door.

It’ll be interesting to see if folks take a wait and see attitude to the new contract or just double down? If dominoes fall from the Anti-trust…and further legal action is taken for the ridiculous contracts….

WME had to force Vince McMahon out the door.

It’ll be interesting to see if folks take a wait and see attitude to the new contract or just double down? If dominoes fall from the Anti-trust…and further legal action is taken for the ridiculous contracts….
Not sure if it was posted here yet but pretty much the Le v. Zuffa case no longer has the contract tied to them anymore. The plaintiffs dropped it and this case is only for money to all the fighters for the class action.

The Johnson case scheduled for June will be the one with the contract and free agency tied to it now. But pretty much what I read is that if the Le case wins, the Johnson case will most likely get fast tracked and will more than likely look like a win as well.

Not sure if it was posted here yet but pretty much the Le v. Zuffa case no longer has the contract tied to them anymore. The plaintiffs dropped it and this case is only for money to all the fighters for the class action.

The Johnson case scheduled for June will be the one with the contract and free agency tied to it now. But pretty much what I read is that if the Le case wins, the Johnson case will most likely get fast tracked and will more than likely look like a win as well.
Wait, what happened now?? Can you reword this- so are we still going to get extra leaked info on the UFC's shady dealings?

Are the fighters going to have more bargaining power for future deals? Will this be a landmark moment for the landscape of MMA.... I felt like that's where we were headed!

I still don’t believe Kayla makes 135 until we see her step on the scale. Can’t wait for her to prove me wrong.

Lol at the 165/175 rumors for conor

Evergreen statement: The UFC does not operate on merit. We just saw this with Colby...

But if we're talking strictly merit regarding 155... if Arman beats Charlie and Justin beats Max.... on paper I would say Justin has more merit to face Islam. But just slightly. Arman in my mind beat Gamrot, Damir, Benny and now Charlie compared to Justin recently beating Chandler, Fiziev, Dustin and Max

I'm not going to hold the Fiziev win against Justin at all! imo he looked sharp as hell against Gamrot before the injury. Fiziev was a rightful top contender, that was a huge win for Justin imo

I personally would want to see Islam vs Arman

Wait, what happened now?? Can you reword this- so are we still going to get extra leaked info on the UFC's shady dealings?

Are the fighters going to have more bargaining power for future deals? Will this be a landmark moment for the landscape of MMA.... I felt like that's where we were headed!
I'll try and find the article from Nash when I free up a bit later. It was back in December, iirc. I've been trying to catch up all week on the class actions and was surprised when I read all that. I'll tag you in the post once I find it. He explains it much better than I can :lol:

That’s kind of wack. Le should have stuck it to them in monetary damages and monopolistic, anticompetitive contracts.

Rather see him fight the winner of that fight than Gane. Gane needs another win imo after only beating someone like Sphivac who is not anywhere near contending.

He needs to stay busy and build a case for himself to become the HW champ once Jones retires.

Manchester is possibly a good card to defend his Interim. I like him fighting the winner of Blaydes/Almeida to see how he deals with a new problem set.

Today's MMA guest roll. DDP no showed last Monday. Guess Ariel got the real DDP to appear to ensure there's a DDP on the show.

Just saw that Jon Anik apologized for what he said about the Strickland/MMA fans. Don't see why he had to, he spoke nothing but the truth. Hilariously ironic when these dudes that scream free speech (Strickland and his fans) are some of the biggest cry babies in the sport.

Last edited:

This was one of their best promos. It just hasn't been the same since the sell.

Just saw that Jon Anik apologized for what he said about the Strickland/MMA fans. Don't see why he had too, he spoke nothing but the truth. Hilariously ironic when these dudes that scream free speech (Strickland and his fans) are some of the biggest cry babies in the sport.
Even worse is future politician Sean Strickland who uses it as a talking point. Jon knows the tide is rising for the bizarro extreme fandom in MMA so he took the opportunity to be the "bigger" man. Ariel commented on his show last Monday that he tweeted the score card for the main event and it was met with a lot of ire from the same fandom.

One of the best. I think that might have been the last time they did a world tour presser for a fight. The good old days.
They followed it with the Mayweather/McGregor world tour (but it's just something they took from boxing).

Speaking of Cereal Gain:

Back
Top Bottom