The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

After losing the belt Hollys only real memorable win was the Bethe KO. It's wild how boring she became with her constant clinching.

Movie actually looks like a solid Sunday afternoon watch. Kinda surprised they didn't try to put this in theaters Jan or Feb during time when big releases aren't coming out. Conor doesn't appear to have much acting chops but eh I'm still gonna watch.

Holly Holmes had so much potential after the Ronda Rousey fight.

To see her become one of the most boring fighters in the sport has been hugely disappointing.

…honestly couldn’t care less if I never see her fight again.
She wasn't good to begin with. I recognize her kick boxing and boxing pedigree, but she was putting me to sleep in her UFC performance prior to the Rousey fight. They (the UFC) put a rocket ship on her back. She only had a few fights in the UFC prior to her title shot (kind of like Alex P and Jiri). She doesn't have many finishes in the UFC (possibly due to the talent level). She's mainly a decision machine. You can tell "they" have a type (blonde, blue eyed).
Hope Dana just announces Connor is 300 headliner and shocks all of us at this point
Conor + the existing high-quality card = a deal breaker. UFC wouldn't see high profit margins with the purse costs.

Last edited:

I love Justin Gaethje.

I repeat, I LOVE Justin Gaethje.

But damn if I’m not sick and tired of seeing fighters get smoked in title fights, then demand an immediate rematch or demand a title shot after winning one fight.

Gaethje got his *** wrapped up like a pretzel by Khabib, then got chocked out in the first round by Charlie Olives in a title fight that wasn’t technically a title fight because Charles missed weight.

That’s two title fights in about a year and a half…*** thoroughly handled in both fights.

He should have to go on a four or five winning streak against top contenders before he even thinks about calling for another title shot.

But this is a different era.

Last edited:
It technically was a title shot for Justin. Just not for Charles since he missed weight and was salty about (I think he missed by a pound too lol).

And sadly LW has campers at the top. It really doesn’t make sense if someone like Arman is busy…while Porier fights 1X a year.

I think things will more more this year since those guys have fights early in the year.

Justin defended his spot by giving Fiziev a fight and dominated him. Then knocked out DP in the 1st round. That's more than worthy of a title shot over Charles and Arman beating Beniel.

Justin defended his spot by giving Fiziev a fight and dominated him. Then knocked out DP in the 1st round. That's more than worthy of a title shot over Charles and Arman beating Beniel.
Fiziev hasn’t even beaten anyone currently ranked in the top ten and Gaethje beat him by majority decision.

That and a win over Dustin Poirier gets him another title shot after getting run over in the two he already had?

…not in my book.

^^^I can see where you’re coming from. He lost to Khabib. Beat Chandler. Got a title shot against Charles. Lost. Then beat Fiziev and Porier.

If he beats Max, he definitely deserves it. He will have beat a top four LW, a top 10 LW and a top two FW who is moving up to LW.

He definitely deserves it more than Dustin. But not more than Arman.

That division is so weird with the camping.

Who didn’t get run over by Khabib & Da Bronx? By that metric no one should be getting a title shot at 155.

Islam lol.

He also ran through Bobby Green, Chuckie Olive and Volk.

I think what the UFC is doing to to Tom Aspinall, Conor McGregor and Islam Mahcevhev (sp) is criminal.

Arman Hammer probably deserves the title shot but I’m okay with the eliminator with Charles.

Fiziev hasn’t even beaten anyone currently ranked in the top ten and Gaethje beat him by majority decision.

That and a win over Dustin Poirier gets him another title shot after getting run over in the two he already had?

…not in my book.
You can poke holes in anyone's resume on their path to the title shot my guy. Islam didn't beat a rank fighter on his way up but we all knew who he was as a fighter.

I'd rather see fresh matchups than rematches for Islam. That's why I slanted either Justin or Arman.

Creating a division so Conor could be champion would be ****ing hilarious.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit with their TV rights negotiations going on this year and the lawsuit happening the same time. Having Conor and Sean as champs would pretty much maximize their deals even with the lawsuit looming. But again these are all rumors.

Back
Top Bottom