The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

DJ needs to stop being scared and fight TJ/Cody

hes not scared, he will fight at 135 but hes cementing a legacy and not getting beat up, he could do this 10 more years haha

hes brilliant in every way

only dumb selfish fans say things like that haha

Edit: watched it about 5 more times this morning, its more spectacular now. DJ is a gawd. Only submission thats even in the realm of this is Vinny Magaleze hittin Weidman with the flying armbar and thats a distanttttt second in a grappling only contest

Last edited:
Whats stopping a Mighty Mouse VS Diaz fight? Both can stand and bang yet wrestle on mat???????
1334861468_indian_guy_video_bomb.gif

Reactions: OTG
Hopefully this fight actually happens

“Nobody’s talked about Diaz. Diaz has never been talked about. That’s internet *******t,” White said. “Tony’s the interim champion, Conor’s the champion, that’s the fight that makes sense. It’s the fight that has to happen, it doesn’t ‘make sense,’ it’s the fight that has to happen.”

DJ wants the big payday to move up in weight, which is not going to happen since he really isnt a draw

Who's a "draw"? Inevitably the better guys still need to get paid.

Not saying he's going to get a mil but champ vs. champ super fight should be promotable and hopefully happens with DJ getting a bump from whatever he's making now.

The TJ fight made no sense. TJ wasn't champ. DJ was right in how he handled things. These guys aren't making moves for our amusement. It's a business. He's a long time reigning champ and arguably #1 P4P. He doesn't have to fight anyone they throw at him unless he's down with the terms.

When the time is right and the BW title is settled I'm sure they can come to terms that make everyone happy.

Looks like dj made 370k flat

His last fight against Elliot he made 350k flat

He supposedly restructured his deal after the Elliot fight

Seems odd but maybe there's other factors involved. I think he got a share of the ppv last night but I'm unsure if that is included in the 370k? Maybe not

Yea it's probably 370k show + points.

They could probably do 450-500k show and put it on a strong card with the potential for a strong buy rate and it could get the deal done if they do champ vs. champ.

hes not scared, he will fight at 135 but hes cementing a legacy and not getting beat up, he could do this 10 more years haha

hes brilliant in every way

only dumb selfish fans say things like that haha

Edit: watched it about 5 more times this morning, its more spectacular now. DJ is a gawd. Only submission thats even in the realm of this is Vinny Magaleze hittin Weidman with the flying armbar and thats a distanttttt second in a grappling only contest
TJ was gonna come down to 125, but DJ was scared of getting his streak broken, so he asked for a can in Borg.

Amidst the controversy about the "illegal" knee Lando threw on Bobby, did anyone feel like he got away with an absurd number of shots to the back of the head when he first dropped him?

Those looked worse than the knee (after seeing the replay).

Amidst the controversy about the "illegal" knee Lando threw on Bobby, did anyone feel like he got away with an absurd number of shots to the back of the head when he first dropped him?

Those looked worse than the knee (after seeing the replay).
its never called, ever

just like the 12-6 elbows Ferguson was dropping on Lee from the guard.

yea i think youre right they say its only from ceiling to floor thats banned but its odd because theyre def 12 to 6

one of those square rectangle situations i suppose

should jus old PRIDE rules or GLORY

no one ever died haha... not usually anyway. far less than boxing

why people acting like conor finishes everyone he fights?

he didnt finish nate and he didnt finish max, 2 guys that easily kept their composure against him

both are also taller (5'11-6') and long just like tony. Conor doesnt do as well when giving up the height and reach so far

I think its an interesting fight, either way ferguson or diaz I just want to see conor back in the mix

both are also taller (5'11-6') and long just like tony. Conor doesnt do as well when giving up the height and reach so far

I think its an interesting fight, either way ferguson or diaz I just want to see conor back in the mix
I think Ferguson would get a fight with Conor to the ground and get the sub like Nate did. But like most I just want to see Conor's return, would be a great way to end the year if they can lure him in for 219.

Conor's going to sleep/tapping out if tony closes that distance

Conor will be able to touch him but he better put him out. Tony's cardio is elite while Conor's is still questionable

I also believe tony will be less emotional/nervous than Eddie and aldo were

Y’all not bored coming up with these hypotheticals about who can give McGOAT problems stylistically

I remember when y’all said a wrestler would give him problems. Mendes slept.

I remember when y’all said the King of the Featherweights would give him problems. Aldo slept.

I remember when y’all said a brawler would give him problems. Eddie slept.

Now Tony Ferguson has the golden ticket and hidden talents to put him away.

Damn. I’ve never been in a sport that requires you to cut weight. For you guys that have, is it basically torture? I know you aren’t cutting crazy weight like these guys though.

Back
Top Bottom