The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

anderson has had a few snoozefest fights as well but he had a superhero aura about him that I don’t think israel has.

anderson has had a few snoozefest fights as well but he had a superhero aura about him that I don’t think israel has.
https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anderson-Silva-1356

According to Sherdog, the Spider has a 70% ish finish rate in his wins. His issue is he hung around too long. Father Time and the game passed him by.

Anderson Silva was definitely a martial artist and humble. Yeah, he had that swagger in the cage but he definitely had highlights:

Dis guy talking about a threepeat or something, dis guy doesn’t even have three highlights in the UFC!

Last edited:
Machida got one of the greatest front kick KOs of all time.

Izzy’s talking about a three peat, he doesn’t even have three highlights in the UFC.

Amazing that Vitor got knocked out twice by the same kick to the face.

…you’d think he would never get caught like that again after the Anderson fight.

Silva had the aura because we never seen anyone like him fight in the ufc before.

GSP had a bunch of snoozers for title defenses. He especially had them after getting slept by Serra. Played it waaaay too safe.

Not everyone is going to fight like a Jiri or a Figgy.

…but humans tend to find offense more exciting. Only enthusiasts care about feints, trip guards, clinch game, etc.

Feels like it gets overlooked because he's such a good guy, but GSP's (2nd) title reign was easily the most boring in UFC history. The most exciting moments were probably when Carlos Condit caught him with that sneak head kick and when Dan Hardy wouldn't tap to an armbar. Snoozefest everytime. Never had trouble selling tickets though.

Maybe Poatan can push Izzy and make it interesting, but outside of that I don't think I'm trying to see anymore of his fights at 185. Damn sure don't want to see a trilogy with Whittaker.

Well I watched the main card fights yesterday and I'm a believer in Volk after that impressive fight with Max. The speed difference was very surprising and Volk was a step or two ahead practically the whole fight. He has an argument for FW GOAT after that though I'd still give Aldo the slight edge. I was thinking Max would edge out the decision this time but could not have been more wrong. As a big Max fan I really hope he takes time to bulk up for LW and then takes some low top 10 fighters first to get tuned up before diving in the deep water with the upper half.

Izzy's past three fights have been very calculated and can't say I blame him for the fight style as it still gets the job done and he's clearly deserving of the decisions. It's obviously not the most exciting so I'm hoping he does start taking some risk instead of just using his range most of the time.

Also an Australia card with Volk/Emmett and Izzy/Pereira would be amazing. Not sure what the Aussie restrictions are for getting into the country these days but to not have a stadium card there either late 22' or early 23' would be criminal.

If Volk gets through Emmett then I say let him move up and challenge LW champ at that point.

No one wants to talk about Jim Miller having the most wins in the UFC (24). And them allowing him to fight out his contract on a win streak!!
No one wants to cry for poor Jim Miller.

My man should go down into the UFC Hall of Fame. Instead, my man gotta grind in the PFL LW tournament.

Well I watched the main card fights yesterday and I'm a believer in Volk after that impressive fight with Max. The speed difference was very surprising and Volk was a step or two ahead practically the whole fight. He has an argument for FW GOAT after that though I'd still give Aldo the slight edge. I was thinking Max would edge out the decision this time but could not have been more wrong. As a big Max fan I really hope he takes time to bulk up for LW and then takes some low top 10 fighters first to get tuned up before diving in the deep water with the upper half.

Izzy's past three fights have been very calculated and can't say I blame him for the fight style as it still gets the job done and he's clearly deserving of the decisions. It's obviously not the most exciting so I'm hoping he does start taking some risk instead of just using his range most of the time.
See Below. Max was talking spicy. But last Saturday was just another episode of Cooking With Volk.
Dis guy talking about a threepeat or something, dis guy doesn’t even have three highlights in the UFC!

Back
Top Bottom