The Modern Man Is a Wimp (article)

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Originally Posted by Al Audi

they mustve had CRAZY sex back in those days
Any Neanderthal woman could have beaten former bodybuilder and current California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in an arm wrestle.

Yeah, I'll sit this one out.

neanderthal_woman.jpg

ok they did have the strength of a grown chimp back then......

but dudes back then could handle the backshots or we wouldnt be here today.

now you got many grown men today displaying traits of anorexia. its crazy.

ayooo?

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

* Roman legions completed more than one-and-a-half marathons a day carrying more than half their body weight in equipment.

proof?

the other stuff, i can believe. but this... i dunno.
Don't see what's hard to believe about this. Weapons and armor are heavy. A marathon is about 26 miles and when you consider that battles were walked to in rushed manner to help change the tide, 39 miles is very possible.

What I don't understand is... If you're walking to my "hood" to have a battle with me and you walk 26 miles... How can I lose?

I mean, I'm basically chilling waiting for you to walk to me. You should be tired as hell, and even if you take a days rest.

You still walked 26 miles with all that armor and weaponry on your sides and back.

people were tougher, but people are larger now for the most part
even the healthy ones

so its a toss up and we will never know for sure, its just someones opinion

honest people claimed babe ruth could hit the ball farther than any measure today...
and that was only 75 years ago

also - Neanderthal was a different species so it doesn't count

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Thats because those dudes had to do that stuff to eat. The ones that couldn't do that died because they couldn't survive.
laugh.gif
i laugh because its so true........

When people were closer to the monkeys, they would've been much stronger even if they weren't as modern humans.

I don't think they ran faster than Usain Bolt. I thought I read an article about physicists saying it was impossible for a human to run much faster thanthat.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

* Roman legions completed more than one-and-a-half marathons a day carrying more than half their body weight in equipment.

proof?

the other stuff, i can believe. but this... i dunno.
Don't see what's hard to believe about this. Weapons and armor are heavy. A marathon is about 26 miles and when you consider that battles were walked to in rushed manner to help change the tide, 39 miles is very possible.
What I don't understand is... If you're walking to my "hood" to have a battle with me and you walk 26 miles... How can I lose?

I mean, I'm basically chilling waiting for you to walk to me. You should be tired as hell, and even if you take a days rest.

You still walked 26 miles with all that armor and weaponry on your sides and back.

There's a reason why the Roman legions and legionnaires were the most feared army in the known world. Their battle tactics were efficient.Fighting in the phalanx formation compensated for any fatigue.

I think we're good right now. We know how to harness the powers of Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and Heart...

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

When people were closer to the monkeys, they would've been much stronger even if they weren't as modern humans.

The oranguntan was chillin. Light work.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

I think we're good right now. We know how to harness the powers of Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and Heart...
As did our ancestors. The difference between them and us is that they had way more respect for nature than we do. R.I.P. to this planet.

Years and years of advancing in technology (including agriculture) also leads to the less we have to work. Plus we're not comparing ourselves the thegeneration before us, we're comparing ourselves to someone whose lived thousands of years ago (and even hundreds of thousands) who had completely differentlifestyles

I wouldn't be surprised if in a few thousand years we would look like the people from the wall-e movie

Back
Top Bottom