The more generic anime/manga/otaku/Japanese culture thread (vol. Grand Line)

anime sucks
indifferent.gif

By popular request, this is where we talk about anime not called Bleach and Naruto.

A lot of other anime and manga series are ongoing at the moment but any discussion was always lost in Bleach and Naruto talk. Here, they can be discussedfreely.

I suppose if you have suggestions on what shows to watch or mangas to read, post them here.

Code Geass: great suspense and drama along with a protagonist very similar to Light Yagami from Death Note
Claymore: great action, fight scenes and storyline for only 3/4 of the season. The manga is much better and ongoing.
Akagi: story of how a young boy who practically took over the yakuza/underworld mahjong world by storm

If anyone wants suggestions for shows to watch/manga to read, provide a general idea of the stuff you like; it will help a lot as there is practically an animeor manga for almost everything.

My Suggestions:
Black Lagoon
K-On
Hajimi no Ippo
Gundam Series...I believe there is a new movie out?
Toradoa
Queens Blade
Lucky Star
Love Hina
Gunslinger Girls
Berserk
Golden Boy
Soul Eater
Michiko y Hatchin
Basilisk
Samurai Champloo
Rurouni Kenshin

The cartoons/anime that we grew up on was so much better than what they have now. All of them are rated G, no susbstance. Like batman was a detective... Theselittle ninjas got Turtles in space and battling dradels and +$%$... its !%!%$%+ sad

otaku *points and laughs*

also, Japanese owarai (stand up comedy) is seriously the best.

According to Newtype Magazine in Japan, there will be a new Code Geass anime.
pimp.gif

An announcement of a new project was made last month but now they are explicitly mentioning an anime. No word on when it will come out but Bandai promised a"new birth."

I wonder if they gonna reboot the whole thing, Batman Begins style?

Linebarrel
Blassrieter
Ronin Warriors
Code Geass
Wolf Rain
Eureka 7
Samurai Deeper Kyo

We should talk about some of the movies they have been releasing like...

Sky Crawler...etc

briannnnn, I hope the new Code Geass is the Nanally series. I need to watch the anime again.

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

Originally Posted by sn00pee

otaku *points and laughs*

also, Japanese owarai (stand up comedy) is seriously the best.
Agreed. Especially when done in a manzai.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I want to do manzai one day...

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Was it really necessary to create a new thread, especially when from my perspective, the 3 BIGS wereprimarily discussed on Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays--leaving the rest of the week for discussion of other mangas/shows.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Furthermore y'all act like OP, Bleach, and Naruto TOOK OVER the entire thread, and activelyprevented discussion of other mangas/shows, when y'all know damn well that is far from the truth and case.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]...[/color]

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Was it really necessary to create a new thread, especially when from my perspective, the 3 BIGS were primarily discussed on Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays--leaving the rest of the week for discussion of other mangas/shows.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Furthermore y'all act like OP, Bleach, and Naruto TOOK OVER the entire thread, and actively prevented discussion of other mangas/shows, when y'all know damn well that is far from the truth and case.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]...[/color]

i know right? and it looks like they back on track to talkin about the same animes/mangas already
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

FLCL > *
pimp.gif

the thing that I liked about flcl is that the voice acting was just as good in English as it was in Japanese.
Hella short tho

Back
Top Bottom